NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

2 minutes ago, Moz said:

Looks like I’m getting one then? Tomorrow? 

Press X to doubt 

you can have an order number while still being miles back in the queue. Here’s hoping for you though!

OCuk - its pre order though so i could be waiting ages. I'd allowed £850 for a card for my build. Here's the thing. The gain is huge over the FE.

According to the old forum i used to be on - Guru3D - its 4 fps faster in F1 2020 AND 6 (SIX!) FPS QUICKER IN DEATH STRANDING. AND I DON'T EVEN PLAY THAT!

SIX FRAKKIN FRAMES. MIDWINTER ON THE AMIGA RAN AT 6 FPS AND THATS MY SECOND FAVOURITE GAME EVER.

26 minutes ago, Moz said:

Looks like I’m getting one then? Tomorrow? 

Press X to doubt 

If you log into your account it’ll tell you if it’s shipped. My order went through at 14:34 and my account is saying 

Delivery method:DPD Next Day (Mon-Fri)

Order status:Order received - not yet shipped

Amazon Germany now list the card I pre-ordered this afternoon as 'currently unavailable'. I am taking the optimistic approach in believing that they knew how many units they will be receiving and have now sold that number.

I am therefore fine and absolutely confident that the card will be with me on Montag or Dienstag next week as they state in the confirmation mail. Nothing can possibly go wrong and I am sure that they have not suddenly stopped taking orders having taking several hundred too many or anything like that. 

7 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Amazon Germany now list the card I pre-ordered this afternoon as 'currently unavailable'. I am taking the optimistic approach in believing that they knew how many units they will be receiving and have now sold that number.

I am therefore fine and absolutely confident that the card will be with me on Montag or Dienstag next week as they state in the confirmation mail. Nothing can possibly go wrong and I am sure that they have not suddenly stopped taking orders having taking several hundred too many or anything like that. 

I'd imagine they got thousands of orders as the page was live for about 6 hours. No way they have that many cards but as long as they don't cancel them and you get it within a month or two I don't think its too bad. They don't take payment till they ship it and you can cancel it in seconds if you find one elsewhere in the meantime (good luck finding another one for £666 anytime soon). Don't count on playing Minecraft on Dienstag though... but maybe Cyberpunk by Nov!

2 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Ha the thing is with amazon orders- it is a safety net. They should eventually show up as fast as they can fulfill them but who fucking knows when that is. You can at least have the peace of mind you got a reasonable non gouged price and you hopefully have one coming eventually. 

1 minute ago, Weavus said:

I'd imagine they got thousands of orders as the page was live for about 6 hours. No way they have that many cards but as long as they don't cancel them and you get it within a month or two I don't think its too bad. They don't take payment till they ship it and you can cancel it in seconds if you find one elsewhere in the meantime. Don't count on playing Minecraft on Dienstag though... maybe Cyberpunk by Nov though!

Exactly this - ignore amazon delivery estimates until they actually ship to. I snuck in a Amazon France order for a 3080 Strix and it says it will be with me by Saturday - this saturday. Despite ASUS themselves saying the card doesn't release until prob after 28th Sept

And the card I ordered has gone down £30. What a bloody shambles. Might call tomorrow and just cancel it and order later on from somewhere not being a bellend. 

7 minutes ago, Moz said:

Mines sat saying awaiting payment status. But most are if Twitter is any indication. 

Mine's changed to 'Order received' now.  Luckily I got my order in at 14:03 (not sure how, cause the website was already going wonky at this point) so I'm hoping I'm included in the initial batch.

19 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Ha the thing is with amazon orders- it is a safety net. They should eventually show up as fast as they can fulfill them but who fucking knows when that is. You can at least have the peace of mind you got a reasonable non gouged price and you hopefully have one coming eventually. 

Yep.

It's a decent enough card (apparently 1% slower than an FE but a lot quieter and cooler), it's not stupidly ugly, and for a sensible price so I'm happy for it to turn up whenever it does. If I should happen to see another available in the meantime than it's easy enough to cancel...

Just now, Mike S said:

Yep.

It's a decent enough card (apparently 1% slower than an FE but a lot quieter and cooler), it's not stupidly ugly, and for a sensible price so I'm happy for it to turn up whenever it does. If I should happen to see another available in the meantime than it's easy enough to cancel...

5 year warranty too - I had a 1070 from Zotac and it was excellent quality

Just now, Uzi said:

5 year warranty too - I had a 1070 from Zotac and it was excellent quality

Good to hear. 

I'm in no rush really as my current system is way underpowered to do the card justice. I'm waiting to see the new Ryzen CPU's before committing to a new build though.

30 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Leider haben wir zu viele Karte verkauft. Sie werden nicht eine bekommen. Tut uns leid.

That's right. He said he didn't like it but he had to go along with it.

Trenter perzenter.

33 minutes ago, Weavus said:

I'd imagine they got thousands of orders as the page was live for about 6 hours. No way they have that many cards but as long as they don't cancel them and you get it within a month or two I don't think its too bad. They don't take payment till they ship it and you can cancel it in seconds if you find one elsewhere in the meantime (good luck finding another one for £666 anytime soon). Don't count on playing Minecraft on Dienstag though... but maybe Cyberpunk by Nov!

Yep, it's all good. 

Happy to have one in the bag as it were so will just wait it out.

I am not bothered by Cyberpunk though but would like to see Control maxed out.

10 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Yep.

1% is silicon lottery numbers. I don’t think a single review comparing one sample of each can be that accurate.

• Meat changed the title to NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion