NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

30 minutes ago, Moz said:

I got an order in at overclockers for the Asus one I had in my basket from minute one of going live. Went through payment 2FA and everything. But I haven't had an email confirmation yet. I'm just assuming I get an email in three hours with an ETA of December or something. 

I had a confirmation email after 5 mins. Just checked my bank account and £709 has been taken from it. Shit getting real!!

24 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

So what we've learnt is stay the fuck away from shiteheels like overclockers and scan, yeah? Cus they're price gouging wankers. Good to know! 

Yes but people will still use them and still recommend them to others and even defend their exchange rate bullshit when they’d have set a price beforehand. If they didn’t factor that in they’re pretty dumb. 

People try, or claim to be principled but we’re all weak to capitalism and desire. I do it all the time too. I’m typing this on an iPhone. 

1 minute ago, Pockets said:

People try, or claim to be principled but we’re all weak to capitalism and desire. I do it all the time too. I’m typing this on an iPhone. 

But if we have to have Capitalism, we might as well have it with high frame rates.

1 minute ago, Lying Cat said:

But if we have to have Capitalism, we might as well have it with high frame rates.

Well, yeah, it’s got to be good for something. Kids might die, but so smoothly...

13 minutes ago, Dimahoo said:

Fucking exchange rate bollocks. They even posted that shit on their forums. Yet Nvidias own FE version stayed the same.

As have many other suppliers (nominal) pre-order prices. 

Seeing a card with a pre-order date of the 18th September increase by 10% from when it was carted to the point of making it to checkout 15mins later is not currency fluctuation. It's good old exploiting of  demand so fuck em. 

@milko Box did not receive any stock and are unable to say when they might expect any so save that F5 finger..

Anyone up for some more sinister GPU conspiracy action?

Redditor ChillyCheese has posted: -

Now that the Nvidia Store API is sometimes working again (not showing a spinner for 2080 series), note that the "out of stock" button for 2080 Ti is a real button, and 3080 is just a hard coded "OUT_OF_STOCK". Seems to indicate someone manually created that 3080 string, meaning the 3080 product listing isn't even hooked up to the actual store. That would indicate there was never any ability to purchase the card on Nvidia's website -- it never even checked for stock, it's just a dummy listing.

29 minutes ago, bignige said:

I had a confirmation email after 5 mins. Just checked my bank account and £709 has been taken from it. Shit getting real!!

The dosh is pending on my card but no email yet. Their site has gone down now so hoping they're clearing orders. 

Assuming I got one that was in stock (it was in my basket from about 14.01 onward!) what are the actual expected dates? I have no idea. 

4 minutes ago, Uzi said:

GUYS

If you don't mind Amazon Germany

Zotact 3080 at around 730 euros delivered (shows 699 because ze germans have reduced VAT at the moment) - with a fee free card that is just under 670 quid

https://www.amazon.de/s?k=RTX+3080&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Letting you preorder - says tuesday delivery but take with a pinch of salt 

This has been up allowing orders for about two hours now and been shared widely so I imagine most people will get it cancelled.

A few people in the era thread just got FEs, one from the UK store (with screenshots as proof) so it looks like there are a few randomly going up.

4 minutes ago, Isaac said:

The first 3080 went up on the UK Amazon shop (already out of stock):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08JCKYYL8

Are these searchable? I can't find any 3080s at Amazon...

Well there is this 3090! https://www.amazon.co.uk/PNY-GeForce-3090-Gaming-Graphics/dp/B08HBVX53D/ref=sr_1_1?_encoding=UTF8&c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Graphics+Cards&qid=1600357584&s=computers&sr=1-1&ts_id=430500031

16 minutes ago, Moz said:

The dosh is pending on my card but no email yet. Their site has gone down now so hoping they're clearing orders. 

Assuming I got one that was in stock (it was in my basket from about 14.01 onward!) what are the actual expected dates? I have no idea. 

I've no idea! I'm hoping it'll ship out over the next day or so and delivered early next week.

The whole thing has been a mess! 

2 minutes ago, bignige said:

I've no idea! I'm hoping it'll ship out over the next day or so and delivered early next week.

The whole thing has been a mess! 

I kind of assumed these were coming in a couple of weeks anyway, so that'd be a nice surprise. 

Lol, been trying to add a ASUS Tuf OC to my basket at ebuyer for a couple of hours at £689... and behold its now been put up in price to £740. The non OC one is still £650 but I doubt I'll be able to pre-order that before they increase the price of that either.

Last time that happened to me was with the Ryzen 3900x...Scan took payment but after weeks of nothing I cancelled and bought elsewhere...only worked out that place had jacked up the price by £50 or so a couple of weeks later.

Because I'm an idiot.

Lesson learnt though. They can bugger the fuck off for a while.

41 minutes ago, Uzi said:

GUYS

If you don't mind Amazon Germany

Zotact 3080 at around 730 euros delivered (shows 699 because ze germans have reduced VAT at the moment) - with a fee free card that is just under 670 quid

https://www.amazon.de/s?k=RTX+3080&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Letting you preorder - says tuesday delivery but take with a pinch of salt 

Taken a punt on that as that is about as much as I want to pay so thanks very much for the heads up.

Fingers crossed on a delivery between Montag and Dienstag if they actually get the stock in today. Either way it is better than wasting time on the crashed UK sites and their ever rising prices..

11 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Overclockers have some in stock and RRP.

Site just collapsed as word spread, I had the Asus TUF at the payment page....

Not at their gouging prices....

• Meat changed the title to NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion