IGNORED

NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

Meat

• 2 weeks later...

I recently watched something (was a week back so unsure of the game etc) that was comparing the current consoles with a 2060 using DLSS. I don't remember the specifics but it left me with the feeling that anyone who has an RTX card such as a 2060 onward is going to be able to game fantastically for the foreseeable with DLSS enabled games. The Tensor cores are fantastic hardware that are only going to lengthen the relevance of your card as the software matures. 

We really need to see DLSS adopted across the board, hardware accelerated learning is by far the best reconstruction technique out there atm and devs with multiplatform games will hopefully use it more and more going forward.

That 2060 (all RTX cards) is going to age like fine wine.

2 minutes ago, Minion said:

Has anyone done that Bios update thing which majes 30 series cards even more better or something? Is it worth it? I'm terrified it will break something or reset all my settings.

It's really simple, just follow the instructions on geforce site and your mobo manufacturer. Think they have an app thing that'll check and talk you through it. 

44 minutes ago, amc said:

I recently watched something (was a week back so unsure of the game etc) that was comparing the current consoles with a 2060 using DLSS. I don't remember the specifics but it left me with the feeling that anyone who has an RTX card such as a 2060 onward is going to be able to game fantastically for the foreseeable with DLSS enabled games. The Tensor cores are fantastic hardware that are only going to lengthen the relevance of your card as the software matures. 

We really need to see DLSS adopted across the board, hardware accelerated learning is by far the best reconstruction technique out there atm and devs with multiplatform games will hopefully use it more and more going forward.

That 2060 (all RTX cards) is going to age like fine wine.

3060 but essentially same principle. 

It's an insane feature set that basically upgrades your GPU by magnitudes with compatible DLSS 2.0+ games

33 minutes ago, StoooTube said:

Is this the Resizable BAR update?

I think I needed to update the bios on my mobo to support that, so I didn’t bother. Does it make a difference? 

Yes that's the one, I haven't bothered either because I worry things will go wrong, I need to put aside some time to do some proper research and search for people who had problems to stop me making mistakes.

9 hours ago, StoooTube said:

DF’s Doom Eternal Raytracing video I think…

I've just went back and watched it again. I know it's all a bit 'CSI enhance' with the super zoom but as nit-picky as that seems what it's actually showing is the capability of the hardware/software. And wow, with an optimised engine and what seems to be well implemented DLSS, the 2060 image looks incredible. A reconstructed image that looks drastically better than the current consoles. That example is with a 900p image too btw, performance mode. DLSS reconstructs that to a very crisp output with excellent image quality. 

I know it's just one example but this shit is magic. Looking at the three images side by side it was pretty clear how well DLSS performs with this implementation. Hopefully as it matures this is what to expect across the board. There's a good few other examples out-there too, mind.

The console games looked fab, no doubt, but on the least capable RTX card DLSS really brought the fire. Caveats be damned, it looks fantastic.

I ascended yesterday. Gone from a 2060 to a 3070 😇 Red Dead Redemption looks mighty fine on Ultra, its simply amazing. I didn't like the topography of RDR2 compared with the first game, but with all settings turned up to 11 it looks lovely and charming. For some reason I wasn't impressed by Cyberpunk, then again it requires a lot more resources. Maybe I've just configured it wrong :sherlock: I'm also running games in 3440×1440  so that might have something to do with it.

13 minutes ago, Stevie said:

I ascended yesterday. Gone from a 2060 to a 3070 😇 Red Dead Redemption looks mighty fine on Ultra, its simply amazing. I didn't like the topography of RDR2 compared with the first game, but with all settings turned up to 11 it looks lovely and charming. For some reason I wasn't impressed by Cyberpunk, then again it requires a lot more resources. Maybe I've just configured it wrong :sherlock: I'm also running games in 3440×1440  so that might have something to do with it.

Cyberpunk only looks good to us 3090 owners ;)

50 minutes ago, Stevie said:

Red dead redemption 2 is getting DLSS support which should allow you to max it out and get over 60fps. I'm waiting for that since the 3080 can't do constant 4k maxed 60 on RDR2. DLSS magic will make easy work of it though 

24 minutes ago, Stevie said:

God daaamn. How does it look?

S'alright I suppose ;)

Still can't get full 4k/60fps with everything bunged up to the wazoo, without DLSS on balanced, mind.

1 hour ago, Fallows said:

My 3080 averages 80fps at 1440p with Psycho RTX settings. Not tried 4K yet.

Yeah, 1440p on my monitor and it's all fantastic. Plugging it into my TV and a couple of sacrifices have to be made.

To be fair, aside from a bit of that shimmering effect you get with DLSS it looks absolutely stunning still with balanced and/or performance setting really. And whilst I'm not very up on the whole HDR thing, it does look awesome on a big telly!

I haven’t played Cyber Punk since December, have they improved the performance? I had it running pretty well on my 3070 using DF’s recommended settings, but it could always do with improvement.

Also has anyone tried the new DLSS 2.2 file with it?

On 09/07/2021 at 18:20, Stevie said:

How's Stellaris looking 🤓

On 09/07/2021 at 18:20, Stevie said:

Cyberpunk needs Ray tracing turned on, and you need to be in the city at night. Or one of the bars, which simply laugh at the bars in other games.

• 2 weeks later...