NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

On 22/11/2020 at 23:19, Fallows said:

I'm now running at 800mV with the boost set to 1800MHz (with +300MHz on the memory). Somehow that's now giving me 70-78FPS in Quake II RTX instead of 60-62, while also knocking off 9 degrees to bring things down to 70. My fans now sit at 1400RPM max instead of well over 2000.

800.png

Superposition results are 14183 instead of 13400, as well.

Something is niggling me to get more than 1800MHz out of it, but whenever I try it kills my performance. I'm just going to leave it like this I think.

Update: 850mV @ 1920MHz

Superposition-Benchmark-v1-1-14668-16060

The temp is back up to 79, but the fans aren't even half as loud as before.

I'm running my 3080 at 75fps on 3440 x 1440p and at 800mV I can do 1950MHz boost absolutely fine. 35-50% fan speed on a Zotac OC.

The max I hit is 50 degrees, usually 48 degrees.

It's insane, optimal settings in RDR2 and the GPU runs 30fps higher than my old 1080 whilst at the same overall system power consumption

Absolutely love this card

20201124_200832.jpg

normally, you just copy the  link and paste it.

and HZD is not the best choice of games, its optimisation is appalling, especially in comparison with death stranding, which uses the same engine, and is newer!?, DS runs a lot better, as quite frankly, it was an nvidia partner, and , well, the reviews show really "odd" comparisons between nvidia and amd.

It will also use 20gig of system ram...its basically allocating stuff, without using it.

3 minutes ago, IcEBuRN said:

I've been checking scan. Doesn't their website say we won't be putting stuff back in stock until back orders are cleared?

From what people are saying the FE cards are the exception to this, when they have a drop they go on sale, no preorders. I kind of wish Id got one instead but its luck of the draw, Im just happy I have one at all.

1 minute ago, Strategos said:

From what people are saying the FE cards are the exception to this, when they have a drop they go on sale, no preorders. I kind of wish Id got one instead but its luck of the draw, Im just happy I have one at all.

So I just have to F5 scan every 5 minutes?

On 28/10/2020 at 14:36, milko said:

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEUTGd8KdJu34Ueqtg 3070

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAFciuCdyIDkBORJRFQ 3080

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEgR9Oi4vRLNk6uxyQ 3090

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEii3xRdeufkVau-AQ FE editions of 3070/80/90

https://t.me/joinchat/CCxGwFWqBzYjcNDcRXizkA group chat for all of this, ends up taking comments from all fields but you also sometimes get links in there that aren't in the automated bot channels straight away. Set alerts to mute on this one!

So I'm in all of those except the 3090 one, not that its done anything beyond give me more opportunities to feel like I narrowly missed out. So far.

I think they're adding AMD stuff to it as and when it heads to release.

these right? No joy.

34 minutes ago, IcEBuRN said:

So I just have to F5 scan every 5 minutes?

Alot of people are using groups to check for stock availibility , but I don't know much about that, maybe others more informed can give you some recommendations. Otherwise, yes keep checking the FE page on scan and hope you get lucky! 

edit: I see I was beaten to it already :) Should have refreshed my page! 

I found with the Telegram links is that as soon as they were posted the stuff was gone. I mean instantly. I happend to be sitting with it open when some UK 3070 and 80s came up. Click the link and none available. 

I just got hacked off with it and uninstalled Telegram. I'll pick one up when its less of a shit show.

Going by comments on the Telegram alert the 3080's were gone in literally seconds. No surprise I guess. 

I'm down to 38 in the queue for my XC3 Ultra so fingers crossed I should have one by Christmas which was what I was hoping for. Those Founder's Editions look so good though...(as does the price) 

It's strange, I bought 2 3080's on two separate scan drops (one for myself and one for a friend). Both times reported on telegram and they were up for a few minutes. Either this new drop had hardly any stock or the bots have worked around the protection.

6 minutes ago, Links said:

Going by comments on the Telegram alert the 3080's were gone in literally seconds. No surprise I guess. 

I'm down to 38 in the queue for my XC3 Ultra so fingers crossed I should have one by Christmas which was what I was hoping for. Those Founder's Editions look so good though...(as does the price) 

how much is the XC3? Might buy your place if you score a founders?