NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

Clicked complete order, went to bank authorisation and then it got removed from my basket.

3090 is still in stock, added it to my basket and then caught sight of myself in the screen's reflection and closed the tab.

I'll wait for next time.

1 minute ago, Loki said:

It would appear I'm the only one that didn't :(

Paid for it, confirmed payment with the bank and then went back and it just crapped out with an error and removed it from my basket.

They have had regular drops every week so fingers crossed next week

Try using amazon payments to avoid the above

1 minute ago, Gabe said:

Where did you all get your cards from - Scan?

I just had a look at Scan and they have the 3070 FE still in stock :o

Must. Resist. Do. Not. Need.

Talk me down, people - at 1440p it's only about 20% faster than a 2070 Super, right? RIGHT?

3 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I just had a look at Scan and they have the 3070 FE still in stock :o

Must. Resist. Do. Not. Need.

Talk me down, people - at 1440p it's only about 20% faster than a 2070 Super, right? RIGHT?

What's the matter McFly? Chicken?

10 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

What's the matter McFly? Chicken?

:lol: No, more that I don't think it would massively change my current gaming experience; 30-40% then sure, why not take a punt, but I'm not going 4K anytime soon so the extra power would be CPU-bound. And whilst I easily could, I don't fancy upgrading my whole system again.

I think my little moment has gone. Phew.

1 minute ago, Gabe said:

:lol: No, more that I don't think it would massively change my current gaming experience; 30-40% then sure, why not take a punt, but I'm not going 4K anytime soon so the extra power would be CPU-bound. And whilst I easily could, I don't fancy upgrading my whole system again.

Until the next time...

BWA HA HA HA HAAAAAAaaaa

Just delaying the inevitable, my friend.

1 minute ago, Gabe said:

You're definitely more sensible than, say - 90% of PC enthusiasts.

I've got a friend who really wants a 3090, and today is the first day in forever he's not been WFH so he's not been online for hours. Still, looks like these bad boys aren't going to go out of stock any time soon. I'm definitely not going to buy him one on the offchance.

Just now, JoeK said:

Until the next time...

BWA HA HA HA HAAAAAAaaaa

Just delaying the inevitable, my friend.

Ha ha, well I've just looked at the UserBenchmark site which puts it around 40% faster than the 2070 Super so I'm now wavering again and wondering how much I could get for my current card! :lol:

I suspect the 70/90 cards are actually quite hard to scalp. I think there's a hard upper limit as to what people will pay for a GPU and Nvidia are pushing it with the 3090 already. Similiarly, there's an upper multiplier people will probably be able to stomach, and the 3070 just doesn't make that particularly worthwhile. The 3080 can be scalped for a decent profit/effort ratio. Everything else not so much.

But yes, it's very heartening to see any sort of hardware remaining in stock!