NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

3 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Hang on, I thought your watch had ended and all that?

This gets here tomorrow - the Amazon order was late November. I decided to end it sooner.

Just now, Larsen B said:

I'm at the payment stage but really would prefer a 3080 so am wasting everyone's time by going through this process.

This is pretty much most of us isn't it?

Its my third time trying to checkout going through captcha and trying to pay.  Sigh 

I think I'm giving up, I've got a 2070s, thats okay for now right, RIGHT?

1 minute ago, rockets said:

Okay the Scan webpage has crapped out but I've received the confirmation email from Scan and Paypal so I guess it's gone through.

If you have a confirmation order you got it

Just now, The Fox said:

It's the checkout process that's the issue, everyone has had them in their baskets for 40 minutes at this point.

Oh.

It's showing OOS now.

Just now, Uzi said:

Oh you sweet summer children. Don't worry - it only took me six weeks to get the graphics card I tried to order on launch day.

@Opinionated Ham Scarecrow nice fucking work though mate 

We haven’t got them in our hands yet, Uzi. Mine is busy doing a tour of every house in my parents town before getting to them around 5pm.

27 minutes ago, ThePixelbarks said:

image.png.6ae5c26ef5f67ae08d74746f8901ca65.png

Who's Zotac, are they good?

Zotac's similar to Corsair, in the fact they have their fingers in a lot of pies - They're more known for Integrated Mini PCs and were typically the first out of the block in terms of physically smaller GPUs (like the half-height 1050/1650tis).

They're personally perceived as producing 'cheaper' looking and performing hardware, but IMHO unless you're buying into plans like EVGA's step-up scheme, I find that perceptions of hardware manufacturers doesn't really hold water - I've had all sorts of cards shit the bed on me (including Asus back in the Fermi days, which should have been a winner). 

Regarding modern output, the 3080 non-oc aftermarket card they done is reviewed as 'okay', as I've had to look into one as I bought the OC version - it's about 1-3% slower than the Founder's card because it's power limited (something like 320W vs 370W), but runs about 9 degrees cooler and is much quieter. Doesn't play nice at 2000Mhz and above, but as we all know from the PCAP debacle, not a lot of cards do. In fact, you could argue that the fact it can't send enough juice to break the card in the first place is kinda smart. And, frankly, undervolting with a mild OC seems to be the best any 3080 can muster, which a decently binned card from any manufacturer should be capable of.

I think with the 30 series supply issues, I think any card is worth a punt. Just make sure you buy it from an actual retailer instead of an ebay scalper, so you actually have an RMA department to throw the card at if it shits the bed.

8 minutes ago, footle said:

We haven’t got them in our hands yet, Uzi. Mine is busy doing a tour of every house in my parents town before getting to them around 5pm.

Please don't do that to me. I can't take it. You're getting your card TODAY. At least your parents are. 

Another "got one in the basket" here, then the site crapped out. Don't worry though, you can get one from Scan via eBay already, for anything from £750 to over a grand.......

<_< Arseholes.

9 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Please don't do that to me. I can't take it. You're getting your card TODAY. At least your parents are. 

Yeah, but there’s always the possibility my mum goes “who are you? I didn’t order that” and sends mariyon on their merry way.

I am still having to track every hour to make sure.

1 hour ago, ilpostino said:

Not on bestbuy.ca they're not. Everything's still gone. 

Aah, that's a shame. Were up for ages on the US site but page totally disappeared now. They do definitely release in waves on there so hopefully back soon..