Crusader Kings 3 - PC (Gamepass)

@NexivRedCan you get any cash from the Pope? 

From what I can see there, you can't afford those regiments. I'd put all efforts into increasing your gold. Change the focus of your leader, make sure your steward on your council is the best you've got. Get your spouse to help the stewarding.

Can you raise your tax levels?

When war is declared on you, try not to panic. Sometimes it is better to let some land go than fight a losing war. When an ally calls you, you don't have to do anything, accept and then don't turn up.

6 hours ago, Danster said:

@NexivRedCan you get any cash from the Pope? 

I’ve been offered it in a last game but don’t know how to ask for it. 

6 hours ago, Danster said:

From what I can see there, you can't afford those regiments.
I'd put all efforts into increasing your gold. Change the focus of your leader, make sure your steward on your council is the best you've got. Get your spouse to help the stewarding.

Can you raise your tax levels?

When war is declared on you, try not to panic. Sometimes it is better to let some land go than fight a losing war. When an ally calls you, you don't have to do anything, accept and then don't turn up.

Okay, so it’s because I’m in debt. That makes sense and is simple to understand. 

I’ve had an issue with my council members repeatedly getting killed in every war. Because they’ve always had the most prowess, so I’ve allowed them to be knights. But I’ll forbid my next steward. 

Other than waiting to be prompted I can adjust the contract via a hook, how can I raise taxes?

I did just not turn up to the last one, but my gold still turned into minus per day(?). Even without raising my armies. And now it’s stuck like that even though it says I’m getting taxes, and all my vassels are happy and none are holding any back. 

Thank you for the help. I’ve started to understand some of the very simple stuff, but improving my kingdoms overall is where I lack. 
I have mostly full building slots on all of my little settlements, but I’m unsure what else I can do to improve in that regard. 

England is so bloody strong now. I really wanted to be able to take Scotland before it got like this. Only issue is, I’m at the point in the game where a lot of my alliances are also allied to England, and can’t be called to war. And other alliances take so bloody long to arrive from abroad. 

Started playing this morning. After about an hour of reading going through the tutorial I got started proper. Making good progress towards taking Ireland after about 3 hours total. Once I’ve got that taken I’m gonna back off and start trying less warmongering tactics.

2 hours ago, NexivRed said:

I’ve been offered it in a last game but don’t know how to ask for it. 

If I remember right, you can just find the Pope, and it's one of the options when you right click his portrait. Though I think if you're not being prompted that you can do this via the help suggestion thing at the top of the screen, you probably don't have enough piety.

Other than waiting to be prompted I can adjust the contract via a hook, how can I raise taxes?

If you select one of your vassals, I think 'modify feudal contract' is an option in the right-click menu on their portrait. Your ruler can only do it once per vassal* though.

*Or maybe it's per title, I don't remember exactly.

I’m frigging shite at the multiplayer but 5 of us made a squadron last night and it felt as if at least we were all equally useless :)

Had a bizarre bug where my ship was destroyed and I was left stuck in space like a god view being able to view my squad flying around but I couldn’t do anything until the match was over. At least it gave me chance to grasp the arena was basically a big tunnel

44 minutes ago, luth714 said:

I’m frigging shite at the multiplayer but 5 of us made a squadron last night and it felt as if at least we were all equally useless :)

Had a bizarre bug where my ship was destroyed and I was left stuck in space like a god view being able to view my squad flying around but I couldn’t do anything until the match was over. At least it gave me chance to grasp the arena was basically a big tunnel

You might be in the wrong thread :lol:

I've been having family issues. My king became sadistic after he confronted his third son about the murders of two of his other sons...! Instead of jailing him he wanted to know more.

Anyway, time went on, little was happening the Lollards are becoming more widely spread. The king's primary heir is his son, which is good. Then the spy master told him about a murder plot to kill him! They started digging some more, found one duchess, then another, both jailed and then executed. And then the path ended with his bloody murderous son! Again! He was jailed, but the king couldn't bring himself to execute him and so made him take the black  vows and go be a monk.

A few years later the king was dead and his son took over. And now the new king's eldest son is only fourth in line to inherit the crown though, so some work to do in getting support across the court. 

Meanwhile, Gwynedd has formed, which is a tempting target and the Lollards have already so much that it makes more sense for my king to switch and convert the country.

My heir ended up with a claim on the entirety of France :lol: I started the war and he finished it!

1A745C4C-CCE9-4DA3-ADE0-449934DBC92A.thumb.jpeg.d4c1d4b3fbb31e1c564879fed49d54a0.jpeg

A bloody dwarven duke is now attacking the kingdom of Ireland on behalf of my half sister though. And I’ve no idea how to call allies to war for defending. It hasn’t given me the option. 

Hopefully now the war in (ex) France is over, I can call them though. As Scotland has just declared war. 

Thank you for that advice, @Danster 

I was able to raise hundreds of gold over time to help me press claims and recruit knights and build all over. Fingers crossed I don’t lose it all now!

Ok. Finished Disco Elysium earlier and figured I’ll try something else out of my normal comfort zone - the joys of being a noob PC gamer. 

Anyway, saw this on Game Pass and it looks fascinating. Worked through the tutorial, but it’s kind of dropped me off now to fend for myself and I’m suddenly very overwhelmed. So, any good YouTube tutorials to step you through the basics? Just maybe a walkthough or guide to the basic systems. How did other newcomers narrow down their focus to get used to it all?

• 4 months later...

A friend gifted this to me for my birthday and...I'm having issues with the tutorial.

image.thumb.png.24755dc3ad1badbea6cadc65fdbcc5f6.png

Presumably you're meant to be able to enter a name and hit return? It just won't enter. I tried reloading from the title screen, closing the game and restarting it, and starting the tutorial from scratch, and I've run into the same issue. The game can't continue with this dialogue box open.

Also, the tutorial told me to attack the nearby area of Desmond and after laying seige to the Barony for a while, it says !Not enough soldiers. What are you supposed to do then? Surely the tutorial should be a walkover?

P.S. The closest I've ever played to strategy games in my life are Syndicate, Theme Park and Rollercoaster Tycoon.

5 hours ago, Sabreman said:

Do the buttons below not reset it to a pre-made name? That might at least let you get through it.

Yeah, I tried using one of those suggested names, but nothing bypasses it. I'm going to try to dive straight into the main game, get a spouse knocked up and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I'll reinstall I guess?

3 hours ago, SozzlyJoe said:

I find with games with this steep a learning curve you need to bite the bullet and watch a beginners guide on YouTube. Seeing someone play the game helps a lot.

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to do this. I think I'm also going to dive into some mods. I mean, the game even suggests it which is unusual but appreciated. I think it could add a lot if there's more diverse character models/costumes/poses, etc. The battles and map movement seem pretty janky as well, I hope they can be improved on.

Edit: omg, I'm an idiot, you literally just click on the text at the bottom. :lol: I thought there'd be a 'confirm' button somewhere...I'm not going to have a very easy time with this game am I?

9 hours ago, Number 28 said:

The battles and map movement seem pretty janky as well

Literally the least important part of this game. :) Good luck, it is a hard game to grasp but it's quite unlike anything else for it's ability to weave a story across the ages. And remember there's really no right or wrong way to play.