Chadwick Boseman has passed away

When I went to South Africa a couple of years ago, I was at a bar and the waiter brought the bill to the table. He’d written a smiley face and “Wakanda Forever!” on the bill. It made me realise how important a symbol that movie and Chadwick Boseman had become. What a loss. 

I'm floored. 

Seen all his films and numerous press junkets and other things. He was a good person and quickly becoming one of my favourite actors. 

Rip you wonderful man. 

4 minutes ago, sprite said:

Is 21 Bridges good? May watch it today... :( 

It’s a decent throwback to mid-nineties thrillers. There’s a plot contrivance that I had a real problem with but it’s thoroughly entertaining, moves at quite a pace and Boseman is terrific.

Definitely worth a watch alongside the other nineties thriller throwback Black & Blue.

This is really sad news. I'd only seen him in the MCU films, but it seemed like those were just the start of the starring roles he'd be getting for many years to come. And as the interviews people have posted show, he came across equally well off-screen.

And fuck the website Screenrant for already getting out their "What does this mean for the MCU???" clickbait listicle: 

Spoiler

They've retitled it and removed the writer's name, but that doesn't make it any less tasteless.

This makes me feel really sad. Iv not even actually watched all of black panther he just was so young and seemed a really nice guy. 

It also reinforces that money cannot guarantee you health so you should make the most of everything.

Well, shit.

This has hit me like a tonne of bricks.

He was inspirational and motivational to so many people, regardless of their colour or background.

To think what it took him to command the strength to carry on, I simply can't fathom. 

Puts a lot of the tedious bollocks that we bicker and worry about into perspective.

Rest in peace, you legend.

This is just tragic. I feel so much sorrow for him and his family. 

It upsets me as well that I read more into people in such tragic circumstances. Like how Denzel supported him financially and his appreciation of that and for all upcoming black actors. Or how much time he devoted to those less fortunate and, well, his fans. I just never knew or appreciated that before this news. 

RIP, your legacy will continue beyond.  

Genuinely sad about this and it's been with me all day. I didn't even like Black Panther but was incredibly happy to see it break records and speak to so many people that have never had the voice they should.

By all accounts he seemed like a fantastic person on every level, let alone the daily struggles he would've had with his disease. I hope his death has a real legacy though, it would seem fitting.

RIP, Chadwick.

Ugh this sounds shitty to ask but can anyone recommend something to watch that isn't from the Marvel universe?

I'd really like to watch something he was in because he was clearly revered but I cannot bring myself to watch a marvel film :(

I feel like I've totally missed out but I have tried to watch them and I can't do it :(

i saw he was in stuff before Black Panther - anything to recommend?

Looking back on it, it feels like he was specifically choosing certain roles; Black Panther, James Brown, Jackie Robinson and Thurgood Marshall, though two of those pre-date his diagnosis

He played James Brown in Get On Up (Netflix). Also in 21 Bridges (Amazon Prime) and Da 5 Bloods (Netflix). I think that's all I've seen, other than Marvel.

I think he's supposed to be good as baseball player Jackie Robinson in 42 (Amazon Prime) and Thurgood Marshall in Marshall. I don't know about Message from the King (Netflix).

Maybe avoid Gods of Egypt, but that's not his fault.