Chadwick Boseman has passed away

3 hours ago, Rev said:

I think the bit that hurts is that obviously Marvel knew, so his Black Panther could easily have been given a deserving ending in Endgame, but he clearly didn’t want to be written out of them. 

Marvel most likely chose to respect his wishes and kept it a secret. Plus killing or removing Black Panther a character who served as an culture icon to black kids would be insane and make no sense

Regardless, I feel dirty even talking about stuff like this comes across as disrespectful.

Fucking hell. Still trying to get my head around this. So so so sad. What an incredibly talented and inspirational young man to have lost.

This (scarily) immediately reminded me about the passing of Andy Whitfield, the absolutely fantastic young actor that played Spartacus in its first season. Almost the exact same age with the same illness. Just fucking horrible!

I’m not sure any actor had as much of an immediate and overwhelming impact on the MCU as Boseman did. Heartbreaking!

What an absolute shocker, such terrible news.

In the age of internet rumours and gossip over every little thing, the fact that this was kept hidden for so long has made it even more of a shock.

Peoples hero just became more heroic with this. I’m absolutely stunned he achieved so much whilst going through whatever gruelling treatments he did. Astonishing :( 

27F3B08D-864D-46D9-B3CB-E683E6A2E0E9.jpeg

What a terrible piece of news to wake up to. The sheer strength of the man to continue making movies that moved audiences throughout his illness, it boggles the mind. I feel particularly sorry for the black community, who have lost one of their true icons today. Black Panther did so much for them, and particularly for black kids who idolised the character and what he represented. Wakanda forever!

I've only come to recognise Boseman from his role as Black Panther, but he was very talented and the news of what he was going through whilst working is inspiring. He must have been incredibly dedicated to his art. It's clear from social media this morning that a lot of people lost a hero today. RIP.

What awful to wake up to. What an absolute hero to carry on filming and promoting whilst battle cancer and going through chemo. Truly an iconic symbol and inspiration to the black community who will live on forever in one of cinemas most iconic roles. What a very sad loss of a great talent. Absolutely gutted and everything I keep reading about him and the person he was is making me tear up.

RIP Chadwick :(