Wasteland 3 - out now and on game pass.

Not being able to respec your character but being able to just create a whole new one is a baffling decision. Agree with everything said, it's janky as fuck but I'm still having fun. 

SO, we all agree this is another Alpha Protocol, janky AF, but great!

hell, i'm already planning a 2nd play through to be a complete bastard init lol

i also paid joker a visit lol

Are most people here playing on console because I've had one crash bug so far on PC and I can't say I've noticed any of the other bugs here? I couldn't describe it as janky either.

34 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Some of the fights around the Bizzare are hard!

Finding that to be a really boring section. I hate it when RPGs like this have a load of fights in a row, with little payoff in-between them. Will be glad to be done with that quest!

Is anyone finding any use in Animal Whisperer? I find the pets are...'glitchy' at best. Sometimes they don't enter combat, sometimes they simply vanish from your team. I've been trying to spread out points among the team members so I thought I'd give it a go. Got it up to 5 and was starting to regret investing (seeing a rabbit kill a named character with a double drop kick was fun) but then I tamed a wasteland wolf and they're amazing. They (sometimes, it's unsurprisingly glitchy) do a howl at the start of combat which terrifies most human mobs and gives either huge hit debuffs or simply makes them skip a turn through fear.

Plus I think I've got a combat buff from one of the AT perks from it. I wonder if I can go and tame Joker....

3 hours ago, Scruff said:

Is anyone finding any use in Animal Whisperer? I find the pets are...'glitchy' at best. Sometimes they don't enter combat, sometimes they simply vanish from your team. I've been trying to spread out points among the team members so I thought I'd give it a go. Got it up to 5 and was starting to regret investing (seeing a rabbit kill a named character with a double drop kick was fun) but then I tamed a wasteland wolf and they're amazing. They (sometimes, it's unsurprisingly glitchy) do a howl at the start of combat which terrifies most human mobs and gives either huge hit debuffs or simply makes them skip a turn through fear.

Plus I think I've got a combat buff from one of the AT perks from it. I wonder if I can go and tame Joker....

You need Whisperer if you want to bring cyborg chickens back to your base. Also, some companions are way more powerful than others. Like the one you can find at

'Massacre Site'.

It's not really a spoiler (not related to main story, just a location name for a slightly odd area), but I thought I'd black it out anyway.

One of the things I like most about this series is the hard choices. It’s ironic that Fallout is the spiritual successor to Wasteland, but under Bethesda’s guidance it’s turned into a ‘you da man!’ game where you can do everything and be great at all of it. Wasteland, by comparison, keeps reminding you that, in this world, helping someone inevitably fucks over someone else. Choosing between pragmatism that will help your mission, or empathy for fellow human beings, makes you feel shitty no matter which one you go for. Because somehow you’ve lost out. 

My original orders from Arizona Ranger HQ are being increasingly tested the further I get into the game. They were written by desperate people who don’t have to get their hands dirty in Colorado, or hold their noses at the increasing evidence of the Patriarch’s corruption. Do I follow them to the letter or break rank and try to do some good, no matter what it may cost my people back home? 

I feel like a small, currently useful cog in a huge, filthy machine, and I love it. 

18 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

You need Whisperer if you want to bring cyborg chickens back to your base. Also, some companions are way more powerful than others. Like the one you can find at

Hide contents

'Massacre Site'.

It's not really a spoiler (not related to main story, just a location name for a slightly odd area), but I thought I'd black it out anyway.

Ahh, I've got a couple of the cyborg chickens. Is that a quest or achievement or something larger? I've just gone to (John) Denver, storywise.

Really, really enjoying this. I may even go back and buy Polly, for laffs (I got 8k for selling a bit of junk thanks to one of the barter perks so I'm flush atm :D )

24 minutes ago, Garibaldi said:

I’ve heard about that barter perk! It sounds kinda broken atm. What was it, something like a chance for x500 times the value? I think that was meant to be x50 or even x05. :lol:

It's a 5% chance so it happens very infrequently. I've not seen anything anywhere near that amount again and I sell a lot of shite :lol: 

I fucking love this, this is absolutely brilliant. Thought 2 was okay but it didn't hold my interest. Still early on but this is totally my kind of game :wub: Sneaky shit! Nerd stuff! Cans that taste like tetanus! I'm investing in toaster repair, y'all!

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I fucking love this, this is absolutely brilliant. Thought 2 was okay but it didn't hold my interest. Still early on but this is totally my kind of game :wub: Sneaky shit! Nerd stuff! Cans that taste like tetanus! I'm investing in toaster repair, y'all!

It gets better. If you get a high enough level of nerd stuff, you can taunt enemies with dorkish insults in the dialogue choices. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Have you got any jars of pickles that give you +10 con when you eat them, but a twisted wrist debuff? :D 

I also love the description about the cyborg eyepiece.

18 hours ago, Scruff said:

Ahh, I've got a couple of the cyborg chickens. Is that a quest or achievement or something larger? I've just gone to (John) Denver, storywise.

Really, really enjoying this. I may even go back and buy Polly, for laffs (I got 8k for selling a bit of junk thanks to one of the barter perks so I'm flush atm :D )

My game bugged out at a certain section so I haven't made much progress from about midway through the game, but I hear the payoff for getting them all is worth it.

Heck, it's worth it for the observations your team makes as the cyborg chicken pen expands.

I’ve started this again, this time on PC. To be honest it feels weird using mouse and keyboard, yet I’d only played the console version for about 3 hours. 
Anyway at least the loading times are better, the Xbox version was pretty grim for that. 

One thing I noticed is there doesn’t seem to be cross-saves between PC and Xbox which I was a little surprised at. Unless I’m missing something?

it has to be said that barter could well be broken, i had an item "sell at auction" for over...$100000...yes...one hundred thousand lol mostly it just gets a couple thousand every now and again, which im asume is what it should do.

tbh im enjoying this alot, and really cant wait to finish it...to start again!

1 hour ago, StoooTube said:

I’ve started this again, this time on PC. To be honest it feels weird using mouse and keyboard, yet I’d only played the console version for about 3 hours. 
Anyway at least the loading times are better, the Xbox version was pretty grim for that. 

One thing I noticed is there doesn’t seem to be cross-saves between PC and Xbox which I was a little surprised at. Unless I’m missing something?

It'll only have cross saves if it's part of the "Play Anywhere" thing Microsoft does.

just found an interesting bug! it seems if you mod a shotgun to reduce its cone, and extend its range...this can happen! seems they didnt but a texture in for when the cone is so narrow, its a straight line! lol

Capture.thumb.JPG.57325d1b43eb6d13de1557c78e9641bb.JPG

I started this a couple of days ago based on the positive vibes in here.

Didn't have a clue what was going on or what any of the games systems were trying to teach me (never played anything much like this since FF7 back in 199X). But I persevered until I started to get it.

Then I binned that save off and started again with a new save and a new understanding of what the game was all about and I'm absolutely fucking loving it now.

A bit disappointed that they’re aren’t more ways to handle the Gippers in Denver. My nerd skill is high enough that I should be able to talk to Valour on his level and make him see sense. I know he always thinks he’s the smartest person in the room, but one of my group is practically Professor Frink at this point. 

I didn't fight Fishlips (had First Aid 8) but I have had one bug that would have completely stopped all progress in the game if I hadn't read about a work around (requiring a specific gun so you're boned if you don't have it). It was the first major bug I've had (on PC) but it's sad to read others having problems because it's such a good game :( 

Yeah trying other skill checks is a suggest work around. I’ve got options but will try. 

Not First Aid though as I never use it. I have a healing robot friend.

It seems a big issue so hopefully 

patch won’t be far off