IGNORED

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 - Out now!

Jonster

The trailer looks very gimmicky in places, but I'm still probably buying this. Hopefully it's a giant love letter to both franchises - PPT is great but it's lacking some really basic stuff (want to do first to ten? No) and the amount of Puyo games there have been previously is bananas, so there's plenty of back catalogue to mine.

I read somewhere that all of the old modes are coming back as well, so if the gimmicky stuff is bad it shouldn’t impact too much. That said, it could be a lot of fun - I’m certainly interested in the more with health bars. Reminds me of the mobile Puzzle Fighter (which I loved) a little.

• 3 months later...
46 minutes ago, Jonster said:

Showing on the PSN store now, guessing 6PM on Steam. Haven't checked the others, but I'd assume it's showing on Switch and Xbox.

It is on Switch now. Was going to try and get a physical copy with some credit I have. Game want £50 and Argos £40 the rip off bastards. 

Oh my. Forgot how quick you need to be during online play in this. T99 and Connected hand skilled me. 

Got rinsed in first few games. It's how the garbage works compared to those two mentioned that threw me.

22 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

All the regular players have dived in innit.

It would seem so.

Need tto remember there is no garbage meter to fill up and warn of attacks. That hit me hard after T99 and Connected.

I will also once again try and work out how to do decent chains in Puyo Puyo

• 3 weeks later...