Ninja Gaiden demo

RabMyself

Nope. How does it work in practice? Do fight "one on one" or multiple enemies at once?

Multiple.Combat is very fast and although there's alot of combos for each of the weapons i found myself only using 1 or 2 every time i played as it's really hard to to think when you've got three enemies slicing you with swords.

It's a nice little game, but there are a couple things I don't like.

1) Camera. For a game full of set-piece enemy attacks, you'd expect the camera to be slightly more intelligent.

2) Detail. Maybe this is just because it's on Xbox and I've seen few games on the machine that have been able to handle special effects without grinding to 10 fps, but the sheer lack of nice effects is a bit annoying. It's pretty, granted, but oh so very static. Why are there rooms with water on the floor if there's no reflections and the ripples in the water stay static, for example?

But other than that it's ace. The flail is something else.

I'm sorry, but what the FUCK is this shit?

It's absolutely PAINFUL.

Graphics = adequate. Sound = Annoying. Gameplay = Shinobi-lite.

Hardly a good way to sell your fucking game, Mr Team Ninja.

And yes, I normally like TN's work. Seriously, give me the original NG any fucking day of the week. BLUGH.

Not a good demo. At all.

I'm sorry, but what the FUCK is this shit?

It's absolutely PAINFUL.

Graphics = adequate. Sound = Annoying. Gameplay = Shinobi-lite.

Hardly a good way to sell your fucking game, Mr Team Ninja.

And yes, I normally like TN's work. Seriously, give me the original NG any fucking day of the week. BLUGH.

Not a good demo. At all.

your views vary considerably from the others. what is it you don't like about the graphics/sound/gameplay? i'm not looking for an argument here, just genuinely interested.

your views vary considerably from the others. what is it you don't like about the graphics/sound/gameplay? i'm not looking for an argument here, just genuinely interested.

Right, well, it looks very plain, the music is bloody awful, the controls are "spongy", and it's just very, very... BLEH.

I dunno, maybe I was expecting too much. Hell, the full game maybe 100% better, but this demo doesn't convince me to buy the game one bit.