FOOTBALL - 2020/21 EFL League 1 & 2, National Leagues and Regional Leagues

My Team will end up  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, neoELITE said:

@Coltrane - we're both goalscoring machines at the moment so do you think it'll be 0-0 ;)

It does point towards a 5-4 or a 6-3 either way. We've not lost at home yet. 

Ha, well matches between us tend to be pretty close affairs but usually with some goals.

It's funny because you've got a great home record so far this season but we've only lost once away from home so far ourselves. Lost 3 games in total and 2 of those were at home.

So it's a hard one to predict. Chances are it will probably end in a draw if we both play well. My prediction is either 1-1 or 2-1 to you. I would be surprised if either team won comfortably but who knows! I'll probably be way off base and you'll beat us 3-0 or something!

I started watching Eastleigh Vs Hartlepool and had dinner so turned it off with five minutes to go in the first half. Players were slipping and the ball was stopping in puddles. Not surprisingly, it was called off. 

I can't believe the ref allowed it to go on. It was a complete mess. 

Plymouth Argyle 2 Portsmouth 2. 

Portsmouth didn't do much for an hour and we really should've been at least 2-0 up before they equalised with a penalty just after the hour. Pring saved a certain goal on the line just before that and Nouble should have scored too. Portsmouth went ahead almost immediately after equalising and looked likely to go further ahead but they seemed to stop attacking and we made it 2-2.

I'm happy with a point but we could and should have won that. Our two most creative players, Mayor and Cooper were poor this evening.

The ref was very whistle happy and didn't let the game flow. 

We dropped two points but it wasn't a bad game. 

The Hartlepool commentator fancied pronouncing Durrell like superman's dad throughout the match last night. 

We should have been behind after 45 minutes, then played better for half an hour, scored with one of two shots on target before getting everyone behind the ball defending countless corners and hoofing it up the pitch for 20 minutes. Your classic conference midweek in November 1-0 away win. Challinor has got Hartlepool playing it around a bit like he did with Fylde, but they were really poor up front.

5-1 loss against Fleetwood. We were horrible to watch today. It could have been more. Our first substitution was after 10 minutes and not because of an injury. Ouch. Fleetwood play the theme tune from Captain Pugwash after they score. It's now in my head :(

In other news, Peterborough lost me £110. We're playing them away on Tuesday. 

14 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Well, after trailing for most of the match, Ipswich managed to gain an equal fotting thanks to an OG , and by some miracle, WON THE GAME in the 97th minute :omg:

I had Hull, Ipswich and Peterborough on a treble with triple odds. I had an unpleasant Saturday afternoon this week.

We lost 1-0 at Peterborough. Our second half performance was OK but first half was sluggish and slow. We haven't won an away game yet. This was our first back to back defeat for a long time. 

Peterborough were good value but couldn't finish us off. 

What's everyone thinking about fans returning next month? My view is that it's too soon.

A surprising and rather ace 4-0 win against second placed Sutton last night.

Think we possibly got you at the right time last night Cosmic_Guru, I've come to expect tough competitive games against Sutton, but that's comfortably the worst I've seen you against us. Players stuck on a train on the way up can't have helped, maybe you've had one to many games recently too, but you were sluggish and to be honest a bit rubbish at both end of the pitch. We defended well for most of the game,  took our chances, and looked like a side capable of getting in the playoffs.

It's just a massive shame that we weren't all there. Our first home game with new owners would have been mental in all sorts of ways on Saturday and after winning that 1-0, the ground would have been bouncing from the first goal under the floodlights last night. I do agree about letting crowds back in though NeoElite. Some clubs will be more geared up to doing it as safely as possible, but it still instinctively feels too early. For smaller clubs it looks like way too many people are going to be allowed in. 

I think Pompey underestimated Oxford last night. Although it finished 1-1, they could easily have won the game if it wasn't for a great save by our keeper in the second half. 

Our form has been pretty conisistent recently but we need to convert more draws into wins if we're gonna challenge properly for a Top 2 spot.

I think we're going to start seeing weird results happen due to the fixture congestion that's already taking its toll.  The performance we put in against Charlton in the FA Cup 1st round compared to the performance on Saturday against Fleetwood was night and day.  We're obviously struggling with travelling under Covid restrictions - the team stayed at a hotel in Manchester on Saturday but travelled up and back same day yesterday away at Peterborough. Our home form is good because teams are travelling to Plymouth same day (it's the arse end of the country and horrible to get to by coach).  

I know Klopp was bemoaning the fixtures at the very top elite level but our teams don't have the squads that their teams do by any stretch of the imagination.

As for fans in the grounds - we won't know what the Tiers are until tomorrow and Tier 3 (or it might be 1) is zero fans. Whatever happens, grounds will have to be 'Covid safe' and that's going to cost clubs a lot of money on signage and stewarding.  I want to go back to watch live games in the ground but I just feel it's a disaster waiting to happen. 

My 71 year old Dad is itching to go back and we had a discussion yesterday and my view is, even if I could, right now, I wouldn't want to.  He's in my bubble.  I could hear a slight resentment in his voice when we were discussing this as if I don't go, my Mum doesn't want him going either so it's almost like I'm denying him something here.  It's a shame but I don't want to take the risk.  I'd like the Government to come out and state that this season is fan-free and by August next year, that's when we can return to normality - but they won't. 

Squeaked through on penalties against Barrow last night. We're going to be shagged for Crawley on Sunday. Also we're on iPlayer and getting £12,500 for it, but this could cost us money of we were expecting more than 1250 on iFollow!

We were terrible against Barrow! At least someone has kindly moved our Tuesday match back to Wednesday.

Sadly the stadium's not finished for punters yet. Need to sweep up the rubble and fit some toilets before we can try and organise test events. London will probably go into tier 3 before we're ready.

I’ve just had my email through saying that I can go to the Tranmere game on Saturday. I’m a little unsure to be honest, having read the guidelines that have been put in place it sounds safer than going to the super market and I’ve already had covid so that isn’t as much of a worry. My wife hasn’t had covid so I am worried about her. I think that, as stupid as it sounds because I’ve been to thousands of football matches, it could be the fear of the unknown a little after so long not going. 

0-4 defeat against Rochdale. Absolutely awful performance all round. Not a single positive. 19 minutes added time in the first half due to an injury to a Rochdale player just prolonged my misery.

That was horrible to watch.

Two of our three central defenders replaced at half time, woeful defending for all four goals and their third was real schoolboy stuff. 

Absolutely battered in the first half by the Posh, Dembelè looked really good in particular, but managed to get to the break without conceding. In the second, we came out attacking and scored two from some good pressure. They regained the ascendancy, got one back from a free kick but couldn’t find the second.

First win at Plough Lane, probably against the best team I’ve seen this season too.

On 25/11/2020 at 11:41, Fatsam said:

A surprising and rather ace 4-0 win against second placed Sutton last night.

That was a strange one all right.  Judging by the twitter coverage, we've been playing quite well and, if anything, been most guilty of not taking good chances.  Nevermind, the odd heavy loss is better than a string of draws.   I imagine Wrexham were fired up by the drubbing we gave them last year at the Lane - in the middle of our "Brazil" patch.

I've just obtained my ticket for Saturday's match v Solihull.  The club have hit on the idea of temporarily adjusting the ticket price to £999 to enable season ticket holders to use individual codes to obtain their tickets before the noon Friday deadline.  

The ground capacity has been set at 1,100 and there have been 750 season tickets sold.  I don't know how many heads will be accounted for by directors, player's guests etc. No away fans.

I'm pretty relaxed about the prospect, particularly if is a dry and windy day.  I'll try and find a spot at the back of one of the open corner terraces, and certainly stay well away from anyone shouting.  I won't touch anything (it's gloves weather anyway) or buy any food or drink (the bars of course are closed).  If uncomfortable, I'll leave.  

On 30/11/2020 at 19:36, Marlowe said:

Stockport County draw West Ham at home! Delighted but equally gutted by the likely prospect of us still being in Tier 3 and no fans allowed. 

Another County fan! :D

I just bought these for my Uncle's Christmas present.

PXL_20201201_191849253.thumb.jpg.3b5adcc1f729ef1abac144a5a93ac0f0.jpg

22 minutes ago, minstrels said:

Another County fan! :D

I just bought these for my Uncle's Christmas present.

PXL_20201201_191849253.thumb.jpg.3b5adcc1f729ef1abac144a5a93ac0f0.jpg

Nice! The Gola 92-93 and Adidas 96-98 shirts have to be my favourite - the latter especially is iconic to any Stopfordian.

County are my home town club and I still get to a few games every season but I have to admit I'm a dirty Man United fan as well. ;) To paraphrase the chant though, it could be worse, I could be a City fan.

23 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

That was a strange one all right.  Judging by the twitter coverage, we've been playing quite well and, if anything, been most guilty of not taking good chances.  Nevermind, the odd heavy loss is better than a string of draws.   I imagine Wrexham were fired up by the drubbing we gave them last year at the Lane - in the middle of our "Brazil" patch.

I've just obtained my ticket for Saturday's match v Solihull.  The club have hit on the idea of temporarily adjusting the ticket price to £999 to enable season ticket holders to use individual codes to obtain their tickets before the noon Friday deadline.  

The ground capacity has been set at 1,100 and there have been 750 season tickets sold.  I don't know how many heads will be accounted for by directors, player's guests etc. No away fans.

I'm pretty relaxed about the prospect, particularly if is a dry and windy day.  I'll try and find a spot at the back of one of the open corner terraces, and certainly stay well away from anyone shouting.  I won't touch anything (it's gloves weather anyway) or buy any food or drink (the bars of course are closed).  If uncomfortable, I'll leave.  

We do have a tendency to do well against better opposition. Even though we almost got relegated last season, we had some good results against the top sides in the league. Our way of playing tends to function more effectively against sides who expect a victory. So while we've just had a frustrating loss against Altrincham, I do think we are in with a chance away at league leaders Torquay on Saturday. We might be a bit short of strikers though and there are always doubts over our stand in keeper Dibble who had a torrid time last season. We'll see. Enjoy your game back at Sutton. They're a strong side Solihull Moors, so your performance against them should offer a fair indication of your chances of promotion.