FOOTBALL - 2020/21 EFL League 1 & 2, National Leagues and Regional Leagues

My Team will end up  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Superfamifreak said:

I'm a bag of nerves right now. We're 2-0 up and Crawley have had a man sent off, but it's Bolton and with us ANYTHING can happen. I'm just hoping Bradford can get a job done against Morecambe.

You're up. Morecambe might win but you're up. Just to make you feel better, I've lumped a grand on it. (See my above posts)

:)

38 minutes ago, Superfamifreak said:

I'm a bag of nerves right now. We're 2-0 up and Crawley have had a man sent off, but it's Bolton and with us ANYTHING can happen. I'm just hoping Bradford can get a job done against Morecambe.

3 up. Are you a bag of nerves now or a bag of HURRAH!

WELCOME TO LEAGUE 1

21 hours ago, Fatsam said:

Southend's demise has passed me by a bit, but christ what a fucking embarrassment of man he is. I know he's desperate, but to even suggest the option of no promotion from the National League this season is such a cunty thing to do. He doesn't want to be there? If he'd run the football club a bit better he wouldn't be there. 

Sorry about your relegation by the way grounded_dreams. It's shit, I know. Hopefully things start to turn around soon for you. 

Yes really is a sorry state of affairs, our stadium move is in red tape limbo, our current stadium is crumbling to bit as they don't want do any repairs due to the potential move.

All the off the pitch issues are rubbish. Hopefully a new owner will provide a kick start for us.

What the actual fuck has happened to Ipswich in the last two games?!?!

From scoring once a century when the moon is in the eighth house of Aquarius, to banging in 2 last game and 3 in the first half so far today ?!?! Finding this sort of form a couple of weeks ago would have seen them in the play'off's :(

6 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

What the actual fuck has happened to Ipswich in the last two games?!?!

From scoring once a century when the moon is in the eighth house of Aquarius, to banging in 2 last game and 3 in the first half so far today ?!?! Finding this sort of form a couple of weeks ago would have seen them in the play'off's :(

Goal difference zero for the season says a lot. Five points short of the playoffs, not playing people in case it triggers a contract extension - what a mess.

Just seen that spectators will be allowed back, subject to regulatory approval, for the final 2 National League fixtures* (and play-offs).  Woot!  

We have our match in hand over Torquay tomorrow - Woking at home.  If we don't win, then we have no business in even contemplating promotion.  If we do, we edge ahead of Torquay again and have 3 final matches - Maidenhead and Barnet away, and Hartlepool at home.

* possibly excepting Wrexham.

2 minutes ago, merman said:

Chambo gone. Options taken up on a few, others released. We’re going to find ourselves relying on the loan market heavily again.

Unless that Ed money is buying up some players? Don;t expect the new owners to put money in, but maybe, just maybe, Ed will get a few to rock up :)

22 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Just seen that spectators will be allowed back, subject to regulatory approval, for the final 2 National League fixtures* (and play-offs).  Woot!  

We have our match in hand over Torquay tomorrow - Woking at home.  If we don't win, then we have no business in even contemplating promotion.  If we do, we edge ahead of Torquay again and have 3 final matches - Maidenhead and Barnet away, and Hartlepool at home.

* possibly excepting Wrexham.

Looks like it's just us missing out yep. Even in Wales it's just us missing out. It's been announced that Newport and Swansea will have fans for their playoff games as part of pilot events, but we've been ignored. Every other team in the land gets a boost from home fans at a critical time in the season apart from us. Seems fair.

2 minutes ago, Fatsam said:

Looks like it's just us missing out yep. Even in Wales it's just us missing out. It's been announced that Newport and Swansea will have fans for their playoff games as part of pilot events, but we've been ignored. Every other team in the land gets a boost from home fans at a critical time in the season apart from us. Seems fair.

That's ridiculous!   

23 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Unless that Ed money is buying up some players? Don;t expect the new owners to put money in, but maybe, just maybe, Ed will get a few to rock up :)

If they are sensible Ed’s money will go into the Academy and facilities.

Skuse gone as well.

17 minutes ago, merman said:

If they are sensible Ed’s money will go into the Academy and facilities.

Skuse gone as well.

Useless fact..... I fitted the roof lights in the training ground on Bent Lane back in the day :)

Watched the Astro Turf ( it's not Astro, it's somethign else, but the same thing ) get laid, had a wee kick about on our lunch breaks.

Also done the flood lights up there, Christ, now I think about it, that was 21 years ago !!

On 10/05/2021 at 15:49, Cosmic_Guru said:

We have our match in hand over Torquay tomorrow - Woking at home.  If we don't win, then we have no business in even contemplating promotion. 

1-1 at the moment. :unsure:

Went in for the ballot for Sunderland at home (obvs!) for  Wed 19th 6pm. Just over 3000 tickets available. After refunds last season we had about 4000 ST holders and ballot restricted to those, so a reasonable chance.   Got one. Come on Citaaaay.  First time back at Sincil Bank since March 2020. Mad.

Conference table looking good for Rllmuk tonight.

image.thumb.png.a2db6213be9c8cac2f6d74a346d9f698.png

An amazing 3-2 comeback from Wrexham after being 2-0 down at half time.  Loved it, particularly against horrible Boreham Wood with their possibly the biggest cunt in the league owner. We were terrible in the first half though. There's a massive game against Notts County on Tuesday for us next. A draw would be okay for both sides so that will probably happen. As you can see though, it's still close in the race for those last three places. Chesterfield play Halifax and Notts County play Bromley again last game of the season which helps us a bit. Eastleigh are in good form and could come through with those games in hand.

At the top, Torquay play Stockport away tomorrow.  Stockport will probably win that.  They've got the best team in the league now and Torquay will be weaker up front again with no Danny Wright.

UPDATE

Apparently Boreham Wood charged the Wrexham team coach to park at their ground :lol: And didn't let the driver in. And refused entry to our media team. They usually just charge opposition media for entry which is which is nice of them.  Told you they were cunts!

I've always disliked Boreham Wood, but these grisly financial details are new. They shouldn't be short of cash since Arsenal women play there.

Anyway congrats on the Wrexham storming second half come-back.

All eyes on the Torquay game tomorrow.....

Yeah they do well from that Arsenal relationship I think. Their pitch is always fantastic too.

Also, Boreham Wood's owner is a massive Brexit loving Tory and apparently mates with their local constituency MP Oliver Dowden. Oliver Dowden the Digital, Culture, Media and Sports Secretary. Coincidentally Boreham Wood were the biggest winners from the government grants that were handed out barely based on projected actual money lost from no crowds last year, receiving funding way above their usual gate receipts. 

They should have more cash than most.

Well done chaps. I cashed out an accumulator before Sutton came from behind and pocketed £90 off a £5 free bet with Paddy Power. My daughter said I should have put the winnings on Leicester winning 1-0 in the cup final at 14-1. I almost did but Mrs neoELITE told me to withdraw the £90 :huh: I did as I was told.... why don't I ever listen to an irresponsible 12 year old.... :hmm:

Torquay are under huge pressure today. I can see them losing. 

2-2.  3 pints clear with 2 games to go.I had to go and do my walk, I'm so nervous now. A point might be enough  against the Monkey hangers;  the goal difference isn't big enough to contemplate a defeat. Torquay will beat Altrincham, and we both play Barnet.