Raised By Wolves - HBO Max - Ridley Scott

13 hours ago, gizmo1990 said:

Which Ridley are we going to get..!?

I'm not sure there's good director/bad director Ridley, more like good script/bad script choices.

Aaron Guzikowski is the main screenwriter and showrunner.  I've only seen Prisoners from his output, which is pretty great. No idea about the rest.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched the first episode tonight (first three available from today). 

It’s late here, but In short; it’s totally crazy. Properly batshit crazy. A few surprises, plenty of gore and really intriguing. Will be great to see where this goes. 

3 hours ago, g wings said:

Watched the first episode tonight (first three available from today). 

It’s late here, but In short; it’s totally crazy. Properly batshit crazy. A few surprises, plenty of gore and really intriguing. Will be great to see where this goes. 

Trailer looked that way too. Interested in this, for sure.

Apparently. Doesn't even seem to be a broadcaster announced.

Just finished the first too. It's got an odd otherworldly feel, which is appropriate. After the events of that, it'll be interesting to see where it goes.

Just watched the first episode.  Started slow and looked exceedingly low budget.  The Androids in their silver catsuits and caps looked pretty crap for example.  Was losing my interest. 

And then, boom, it all kicks off. :slowclap:

Got really interesting, and proper Sci Fi.  By the end of episode 1 - I was totally on board.    Stick with the caveman first half is all I'll say!

I liked the throwback android style. It’s not the last throwback in the show either. 

Spoiler

Damn medieval style space marine helmets, yes. And the religious crowd are a bit Crusades in general I suppose  

I've watched the first 3 episodes now and am really enjoying this (after the initial slow start).  The second episode started brilliantly. 

@JohnC  I also really like the religious nut-job crusader space farer's attire.

I just hope humanity didn't send colonists just to Kepler-22B - coz this lot are doomed surely?! :lol:

8 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

First episode. Wow, those last ten minutes were, uh... wow :blink:

I was about to give up on it because I wasn't feeling the first episode but when

Spoiler

Mother got onto the Ark I lost my mind. That whole sequence from getting onto the Ark, to crashing it was incredible. And has totally hooked me for this series now. 

Ep 2. was even better.

Spoiler

I loved the bits on Earth, the street fights, the cyberpunk-ish vibe of the surgery scenes and stuff we learn about Kepler. Ridley still has it for sure.

16 hours ago, Silent Runner said:

Question about episode 3. 

Hide contents

The two from Earth who had the plastic surgery done, they’re not Mithraic or atheist right? They're another group?

Spoiler

I think they're atheists.  There's a scene where you see him in that side's training camp as a kid - the bit where we see the blue power-rucksack things.  And shortly after they're blasting Mithraic troops out on the battlefield.

1 hour ago, grounded_dreams said:

Just seen that episodes four and five have just appeared online.

Think I better start watching this show, after all the positive impressions :)

Yeah, do it :lol:

I've just nabbed 4 and 5.  Cant wait to find a few hours free to watch them!!

1 hour ago, Valver said:
  Hide contents

I think they're atheists.  There's a scene where you see him in that side's training camp as a kid - the bit where we see the blue power-rucksack things.  And shortly after they're blasting Mithraic troops out on the battlefield.

Spoiler

Yeah, you're right. I must have zoned out for that bit. There's a good article here with the actors where they talk about their characters. 

Another two great episodes.

A couple of real LOL moments for me which i know i shouldn't but couldn't help it. 

Spoiler

It was those fucking Goonies traps. 

With just three episodes left and no news of a second season they need to start speeding things up for a satisfying ending. 

It is proper funny in places. There's a bit in episode 3, I think,

Spoiler

when they're all having dinner and Mother is tries to lighten the mood by suggesting they talk about something fun. Father is just about to speak when Mother cuts him off saying 'no jokes Father, please', proper deadpan. 

Only 8 episodes this season? Feels like there's going to be a lot left unresolved by the end.