Football Thread 2020/2021

10 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

I don't know if there are any Wolves fans on the forum (couldn't resist) but what's the deal with Romain Saiss? I drafted him in my fantasy football league and he started off amazingly, why was he dropped? 

you’ll find all the discussion about it, and everything else Wolves, in the dedicated club specific thread

3 hours ago, BitterToad said:

I don't know if there are any Wolves fans on the forum (couldn't resist) but what's the deal with Romain Saiss? I drafted him in my fantasy football league and he started off amazingly, why was he dropped? 

Covidz innit.  He's been isolating.

Also, he's a bit of a utility man.  His most likely position is centre back, but we have probably four or five great options, and not many spots for him.  If Coady is fit, he takes one of those spots, plus Boly and Kilman are (probably) better than him, and we've recently switched to two centre backs, so even less space for him.

I love the Moroccan prince to death though, I'd play him anywhere.

Edit:- removed the video, probably doesn't interest many people :) 

5 hours ago, Mike1812 said:

He played well against Leeds. Then he was injured,I think?

No he went on international duty and had to self isolate after. If he got injured I’ve forgotten that. 

He played wing back at Leeds which is not his position but scored a lovely goal which was ruled out. We were lucky to win that one. 

The Athletic decided to bill me for another year without so much as a renewal reminder or indeed as far as I remember telling me they considered it a recurring sub.

I'd have considered renewing but after this they can fuck right off and if they don't refund me they're dealing with a paypal dispute.

stonewall pen or dive from Sterling ?

taking aside the answer to the question should that level of non existent contact or the lightest brush on him actually be a penalty - I just can't come to terms with that being worthy of a goal for City. 

oh and dive. 

21 minutes ago, glb said:

Was about to post the same thing. You’d hope there would be widespread condemnation not celebratory replies. 

You've been on twitter before right?

Fucking embarrassing that booing. Would have loved for the players to have walked off.

2 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Fucking embarrassing.

I'm so angry. I wish deep in my soul that it didn't happen, I wish we didn't live in a world where players have to take a knee, and I wish, WISH it wasn't a section of our fans again.

Fuck's SAKE.

I'd say it's hard being a Millwall fan sometimes, but I bet it's harder being a person of colour and hearing that.

Yep. It's fucking embarrassing. Worst of all this means that we'll just attract more dickheads.

I hope the players continue to do It until the booing stops.

2 hours ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

That's really sad, very disappointing. 

The first time players took a knee during Aston Villa vs Sheffield United I found it really impactful.  I do however believe it has lost much of that initial impact now and feels a little forced.

Although I agree, what happened today has brought all that impact back.