Football Thread 2020/2021

A vindicated Solskjaer speaks to BT Sport ... and he’s fuming. “We were set up to fail. They set up the boys to fail. We been to Turkey Wednesday night, we’re playing Saturday lunchtime kick-off, it’s an absolute shambles. And I cannot praise the boys enough for the character they have shown. Them boys deserve better than being thrown out here to fail today. Authorities set us up to fail. You’ve got Liverpool and City, play on Tuesday, they play Sunday. Who’s responsible? I’ve had enough. We’ve lost Luke Shaw [hamstring] because of that. So set us up on a Sunday, then. It’s a joke. We were brilliant. They deserve all the praise. Well done.”

Wednesday and then the early kick off on a Saturday isn't unusual and surely from his complaints they should have won on Wednesday and lost today. But it keeps him in a job for a bit longer until United miss out on Poch so be it.

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

Wow, that offside looked bollocks 

Even discounting my bias, it's at least consistent with every other shit decision, unfortunately I think all teams will get decisions like that (Palace have had one) and we just have to hope it evens out.

Just now, skadupuk said:

Even discounting my bias, it's at least consistent with every other shit decision, unfortunately I think all teams will get decisions like that (Palace have had one) and we just have to hope it evens out.

Oh yeah, all these are bullshit really hope it is looked at again for next season.

25 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

Arguably it's karma from when Bamford came on loan to Palace and was a massive bellend...

(It's definitely bullshit and I can feel sorry for Leeds but not Bamford, he's a cunt)

If you don't expect a Chelsea player to be a bellend you deserve what you get.

23 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Holy shit why did Lookman do that?

Really, this can't be overstated.  If you haven't seen it, make sure you watch Match of the Day for one of the most hilarious penalties of all time.  

Bear in mind, that this is 1-0 down in the 98th minute.

If the keeper dives the other way Lookman would be getting praised for having the balls to do that in the 98th minute...has to be second only to Henry/Pires for ending up looking like a twat, but again that would of looked good if it worked

23 minutes ago, JamesTW said:

has to be second only to Henry/Pires for ending up looking like a twat

This also has to be up there.

FemaleAdventurousAurochs-max-14mb.gif

Bonus points for being brought on with a couple of minutes left specifically to take one.