Football Thread 2020/2021

Werner required all of most of the few to paid upfront. Jota’s fee is being paid in instalments a chunk of which were covered by Ki-Jan Hoever moving in the opposite direction so was a much more affordable option.

I’m surprised Neves is still at Wolves, I thought he was the star player most likely to be sold.

41 minutes ago, ryodi said:

I’m surprised Neves is still at Wolves, I thought he was the star player most likely to be sold.

This suggests that bigger clubs can just take who they want.  Everyone who has left has been because Wolves wanted the transfer to happen.

I guess most people see us like Southampton a few years ago, but its not really the case.

1 hour ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

This suggests that bigger clubs can just take who they want.  Everyone who has left has been because Wolves wanted the transfer to happen.

I guess most people see us like Southampton a few years ago, but its not really the case.

Sorry I didn’t mean it like that. It’s just that I’d heard so much about him while Wolves were in the Championship and he’s played well in the Premier League I thought there’d at least be talk about other clubs being interested in him but it seems no one is.

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

Sorry I didn’t mean it like that. It’s just that I’d heard so much about him while Wolves were in the Championship and he’s played well in the Premier League I thought there’d at least be talk about other clubs being interested in him but it seems no one is.

No need to be sorry, it's just football! :)

Just trying to explain Wolves aren't really a selling club to be picked off, at least they haven't been so far.

Neves has been held back by our system I think, but I believe that will change with time and the changes Nuno is attempting to implement. He's also young and has a lot of development to come.  I can understand why people think what they do about him, but I believe there are levels to come.

2 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

Remember when Manchester United used to be one of the most feared teams in the world? 

Remember when Istanbul Basaksehir were knocked out of the qualifying rounds of the Europa League by Burnley...

20 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Can I just be the first Chelsea fan to say that's utter bullshit as a call. And even worse a 2nd yellow.

It might be purely to the rules but bullshit.

I just saw a replay. UTTER BULLSHIT.

38 minutes ago, spork said:

It's even worse (or better in your eyes) when you see where the United defenders are.

That's almost a perfect back line, just in the wrong half. As Scholes said, you can't blame the manager for that.

It really is shocking defending.

That is the definition of a high line there from Utd on that Demba Ba goal, what were they doing, as Scholes said in that quote its what you expect to see watching kids play.

Nice finish but not quite as funny as when he did it to Liverpool and Gerrard fell over.

Kind of a weird reaction from some circles on this (not here).  The assumption from them is that this is tactical as opposed to players simply fucking up for a moment.  It happens, hilarious when it does, but it happens.

Feels like journalistic knives are getting sharpened for Ole.

13 hours ago, Dudley said:

I mean we've all got tales of that shit going against our team and BT's resident ref did a good explanation of why the pen itself isn't a surprise even if it's not right.

But no-one's addressed that 2nd yellow.

apparently once you give the handball for blocking a shot on goal the yellow is mandatory - handball and offside laws need a major overhaul.

5 hours ago, Gotters said:

That is the definition of a high line there from Utd on that Demba Ba goal, what were they doing, as Scholes said in that quote its what you expect to see watching kids play.

Nice finish but not quite as funny as when he did it to Liverpool and Gerrard fell over.

A suggestion @Xevious where I have getting old .. under my name can we please have You'll Never Walk Alone under @Gotters to remind everyone of his love for Liverpool Football Club. Thanks.

15 minutes ago, gospvg said:

A suggestion @Xevious where I have getting old .. under my name can we please have You'll Never Walk Alone under @Gotters to remind everyone of his love for Liverpool Football Club. Thanks.

Only if Gotters gets the chance to suggest something equally sinister for a chosen Liverpool fan.