Football Thread 2020/2021

Well Leicester v Villa is every bit the festival of football you’d imagine it would be for £15. 

Other than the most blatant yellow card of the system and Grealish’s swan dives it’s been an absolute damp squib.

Did you pay the £15, @Stopharage?  I have to admit that I did yesterday for the United game.  I'm part of the problem.

You'll never experience such instant buyer's remorse as deciding at the last minute to pay for the game, taking a bit of a while to find it on BT, getting the game turned on about a minute after kick-off, and literally the first thing you see is the ball slicing off Luke Shaw's leg and into his own net.

2 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Did you pay the £15, @Stopharage?  I have to admit that I did yesterday for the United game.  I'm part of the problem

I haven’t. I pay enough already to watch football on tv; club won’t miss out, spent the money on some LCFC gear for my kids for Xmas instead. The exorbitant cost was the main factor, but a minor consideration was that we’ve got quite a few injuries and bloody Jon Moss is the referee. Can’t stand him. 

1 hour ago, feltmonkey said:

Was that a changing of the guard? Are Villa the new Leicester? Are they going to win the league??? 

We had 5 of our first XI out - Vardy, Perreira, Ndidi and Soyuncu all out injured with Maddison only coming on with 20 minutes or so left. Think it ultimately shows how one dimensional we are without Vardy to disrupt defences; regardless of his goal scoring prowess, he does amazing work pulling defenders out of position thereby freeing up space for the likes of Barnes, Perez and the fullbacks to benefit from. Villa were the better team over the 90 but think a draw was in order. 

I liked the look of the new centre half Fofana who was making his debut for Leicester today.  I know he’s young but he’s gonna be a regular starter given the transfer fee, surely? Jonny Evans is still an exceptional player so I think you’ll be alright at the back. 

Villa have a really solid 14 or 15 now. We’ve had some really shitty luck with injures in recent years, seems we’ve lost key players for months on end in each of the last three seasons (last year was particularly grim) so I’m hoping for better fortune this time round, or at least for us to get plenty of points on the board before injuries do start to bite.  Wesley is still out after being Ben Mee’d on New Years Day and Tom Heaton is still injured from that game too. I’m not sure if either will get back in the team as first choice right now but they are still significant parts of our squad. 

I think I said on here I’d like to see us post 50 points this season which is usually good enough for a top half finish.  I figure we’ll need 13 or 14 wins with a fairly even mixture of draws and losses to get there and we’ve already got four wins so all is well. We look really organised, we’ve definitely got a few bits of genuine quality in the team and some players who can change things from the bench. I don’t think I’ve been able to say that in about ten years such has been our decline.  

7 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

I think I said on here I’d like to see us post 50 points this season which is usually good enough for a top half finish.  I figure we’ll need 13 or 14 wins with a fairly even mixture of draws and losses to get there and we’ve already got four wins so all is well. 

Even the year after we won the title, my goal for the season is always the same - get 40 points! Once we’ve got those, I start to enjoy the season. 

Fofana looked great yesterday; good job because Soyuncu has been ruled out for 3 months.:angry:

I don't normally find these funny, as its often that bloke from the advert doing a Steven Gerrard impression which has a fingernails down a blackboard quality to my ears.

This though is good, the impressions are pretty good and the material is OK.

2 hours ago, Gotters said:

lots of words explaining why Mane WAS offside - so stop whining about it

If Arsenal had a last minute winner against Spurs ruled off because someone who wasn’t responsible for the goal had a finger nail judged too be in the offside position Gotters position on the subject will be ‘that’s a fine decision, nothing to see here’. 

Football fandom eh

9 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Following the lead of Newcastle fans, the Burnley in the Community foodbank is a couple of grand better off tonight as fans donate what would have been the PPV fee to it.  

Up yours Premier League.