Football Thread 2020/2021

Everton had a chance today to prove they could take the next step but they failed to do that.

Had they won today I’d have fancied them to win their 5 next games.

Now with the loss of momentum and loss of Richarlison ł feel they are due the risk of an upset before the Man Utd game.

Shouldn’t complain about getting a draw here but Everton are still years behind Liverpool, I was ready to accept the loss as soon as Richarlison was sent off.

Everton are mentally weak still, they aren’t a team who can beat Liverpool, at best they will give them a hard match.

Nice to have a competitive derby match at Goodson for the first time in a while (as in both teams actually trying to score), I enjoyed that. Poor reffing to not punish Pickford, hope VVD has no lasting damage. 

Not surprised by the VAR offside call, we know those will be ruled out now. But it is shit and it really needs to be looked at and the attacking teams should have the benefit of the doubt if it’s not completely clear.

The £15 thing is laughable. During the derby advertising Sheff Utd v Fulham on BT Sport Box Office for £15, fucking laughable. The worst bit is nobody but die hard fans of those clubs will pay that, literally just gouging real fans because they can. 

What would a ticket to the match cost? You can view the PPV games without a sports subscription, so I think £15 is hardly a big ask. As a Liverpool fan, I see my team televised plenty, enough to justify the subscription costs. I don't know if I could say the same if I were a Southampton fan, though.

Just now, CheekyLee said:

What would a ticket to the match cost? You can view the PPV games without a sports subscription, so I think £15 is hardly a big ask. As a Liverpool fan, I see my team televised plenty, enough to justify the subscription costs. I don't know if I could say the same if I were a Southampton fan, though.

Yeah but it’s not a ticket to the match...

20 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Yeah but it’s not a ticket to the match...

.. and it's not £15. It's £15 plus your already expensive Sky/BT Sport subscription.

£15 is a stupid price in the first place and could only be defended by those who've been conditioned to think that price of watching live professional football in the UK - on telly or in the stand - is in any way reasonable.

9 minutes ago, Gotters said:

plus some clubs have made fans pay for season tix for games they can't attend haven't they - meaning they'd have to pay the £15 on top of a season ticket.

Sort of.  I mean, technically I'm paying for my ST at the moment, but what is actually happening is that the money is being used as a discount on next years.

I have a theory that the reason ST holders aren't getting the ability to watch is that that unlocks the idea of individual club streams - and I'm not sure the smaller clubs want to go down that route.  I don't know if Burnleys website platform is even capable of a live feed - obviously it can do audio but any live video has always been via YouTube.  And if the clubs aren't streaming the game themselves, how can Sky/BT validate the "free" stream for a season ticket holder?

6 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

.. and it's not £15. It's £15 plus your already expensive Sky/BT Sport subscription.

Theoretically you don't need that sub.

But given you DO need a Sky or BT box then almost certainly you have one.

4 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Theoretically you don't need that sub.

But given you DO need a Sky or BT box then almost certainly you have one.

Yeah, anyone who would consider paying £15 on one game of football almost certainly has a sky sports subscription, probably BT Sport as well.