Football Thread 2020/2021

Gotters

Well I sat down with grim resignation to watch our customary 5-0 drubbing at the hands of City at then end of the season so imagine my surprise when that didn't materialise.

Worried for Welbeck but pleased with the result despite going 2-0 down to 10 men at home with that unbelievably good Foden goal.

Good to be able to dig in and get a result. Earlier incarnations of our team would have capitulated. Wonder what the Potter / Guardiola argument at the end was about.

It's a bit shit that the ESL clubs look very likely to fill all 4 spots. I was really rooting for Leicester and West Ham. Although, if those clubs were regular Champions League teams, they'd have probably done the same. Still a shame though.

30 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Leicester I'm not sure would have under the current ownership.

West Ham would have in a fucking heartbeat.

Yeah, Gold and Sullivan would dig up the bodies of their family members and desecrate them openly in return for a way to trouser a bit more money so if we'd have been in a position to join they'd have done so in a New York minute; absolute pure unadulterated scum 'human beings' that they are.

I can never read anything or hear mention of Sullivan & Gold without thinking of the time Sporting Lisbon's president referred to them as the dildo brothers.

It's such a playground style but perfectly aimed takedown.

12 hours ago, SaintAnselm said:

What a fucking shit post, making fun of a speech impediment really is hilarious isn’t it.

No, that’s you. Someone’s eloquence and language skills have nothing to do with their ability to pronounce words. You’ve made that assumption. 

51 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I can never read anything or hear mention of Sullivan & Gold without thinking of the time Sporting Lisbon's president referred to them as the dildo brothers.

It's such a playground style but perfectly aimed takedown.

Also I think (?) Bilic was the manager at the time and even he admitted it was funny. 

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Leicester I'm not sure would have under the current ownership.

West Ham would have in a fucking heartbeat.

You’re having a laugh surely? Leicester’s owners would have done the same. They just have a great PR team, let’s not be naive!

What's the point of this Premier League hall of fame? The Beeb have listed the 23 man shortlist - every one of them a nailed on HoFer, unless they suffer a Ryan Giggs-esque fall from grace.

57 minutes ago, Mike1812 said:

This annoys me. Penalised for honesty. 

it makes me angry that we’ve reached this point that the slightest of contacts is regarded as diveworthy or praising the honesty of the player.

how about that sort of thing not being a penalty at all, this then forces the elite level divers like Kane/Salah/Mane/Vardy to fling themselves fully into the keeper to ‘cleverly draw the contact’

For Harry’s (possible) final appearance at home for the club the team put a performance that’s so bad we will and deserve to finish below banter fc this season, I’m glad the fans Boo’d at half time and full time even if the PA was turned up to 11 to drown them out.