Football Thread 2020/2021

Gotters

1 hour ago, milko said:

Would PSG not want to be in for Kane? He could replace Icardi and they presumably still have billions of petrodollars.

Apparently Spurs have been linked with Icardi too, so that might work. Would be quite a lot of issues to overcome if Chelsea wanted him - the clubs hate each other at board level. Levy will happily deal with Arsenal, but refuses to sell to Chelsea.

9 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Kane would prefer to stay in England, and Spurs have been linked with Martial in the past, so perhaps more likely to United. Linking up with Pochettino again might swerve him mind.

Would prefer him to head off to Potch tbh, yeah, having another striker would be great, but we need midfield support before strikeers tbh.

If he wants a guaranteed trophy then it's City that he should go to. They can afford the transfer fee and the wages no problem. Plus they actually need a striker. Good luck to him. 

I think this season shows that he deserves better than to be relying on team mates like Dier, Aurier and Sanchez. 

Not sure he is too brittle. He generally only gets injured once per season and how much of that is down to the fact spurs are overly reliant on him? (He's always rushed back). 

Haaland is the better long term investment probably - but Kane is definitely worth buying. 

5 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Not sure he is too brittle. He generally only gets injured once per season and how much of that is down to the fact spurs are overly reliant on him? (He's always rushed back). 

Haaland is the better long term investment probably - but Kane is definitely worth buying. 

Assuming you're a Spurs lad. If it was cash plus a player, who would you prefer? I can see that being more likely than straight cash what with the pandemic.

30 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Assuming you're a Spurs lad. If it was cash plus a player, who would you prefer? I can see that being more likely than straight cash what with the pandemic.

I think spurs are in such a mess that we'll probably give him to united for £50m plus Fred and Phil Jones. 

7 hours ago, Plissken said:

In unsurprising news, Hodgson to leave Palace at the end of the season.

Most interesting is that he's saying it's his choice/he's retiring from the stresses of EPL management.

I think the announcement has been brought forward so the fans at the Arsenal game can say goodbye.

I'm extremely grateful for his tenure and the success (relativelym, for us) he's brought us, but with 10 players out of contract and the opportunity to reubild the team I think fresh blood makes sense. 

So this season has been successful beyond my wildest imagining, but all I can think is if we could have worked out how to beat Brighton we'd have had a shot at Europe. 

Really interested to see how we build in the summer. We've seen how easily it can turn around for promoted teams that do well in their first season but more optimistic than I've been in years. 

Chelsea are all over us at the moment. Wouldn't have imagined saying this a few weeks back, but why isn't Iheanacho playing? Perez and Maddison are on and neither of them have played well recently. Saturday morning I would have taken Top 5 as long as we win the FA Cup, so won't be too upset if this ends as badly as it currently looks it will..

5 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Apparently it's now legally mandated that all penalty decisions in Chelsea - Leicester matches go to Leicester regardless of merit.

Mike Dean's gotta Mike Dean. 

Can't wait for his justification for that. Bewildering. 

Oh yeah, but I'm very much resigned to awful penalty decisions this week.  I'm not even sure if I'm remembering ones from the WCL or FA cup at this point.

3 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

Perez and Maddison continuing their abysmal form of recent months. At least Vardy looks like he's trying. 

What’s happened to Maddison ? When he came on in the Cup Final he didn’t look like he was running freely at all.

3 minutes ago, Jammy said:

What’s happened to Maddison ? When he came on in the Cup Final he didn’t look like he was running freely at all.

He got a hip injury at the start of the season and was out a couple of months. Then he got another hip injury in February and was out for 6/7 games. Since he's come back he's not been great at all. There's a bit of suspicion that he's a party boy and not looking after himself that well. Rumour going round before the final that he'd squared up to Rodgers but I don't buy that. Earlier in the season there was a talk of an England Euros call-up but he's not at the same level as Grealish, Mount or Foden.

29 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Imagine Kane moving abroad and attempting the same level of lofty eloquence he produces in a second language. 

What a fucking shit post, making fun of a speech impediment really is hilarious isn’t it.