Football Thread 2020/2021

6 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Imagine the fury if that was posted in the direction of a Liverpool fan on here after they lost a game of football :lol:

Glad you're not a massive hypocrite though eh!

4 minutes ago, spork said:

Imagine the fury if that was posted in the direction of a Liverpool fan on here after they lost a game of football :lol:

Oi not all of us.

3 minutes ago, spork said:

FD4DE57E-7AF8-41A0-A6AF-B18BE441ACBF.jpeg.4eecc71b6dbf690e3f62b82670615047.jpeg

28 minutes ago, bradigor said:

@dizogg, @spork

Do yourselves a favour and put each other on ignore. 

If this means Dizogg will stop quoting me out of the blue, trying to get my attention with his tedious toxic trolling then I’m all for it! :omg:

I really hope Leicester keep Liverpool out of top 4. Bad enough 3 of the gang of cunts will be playing CL next season but if Liverpool sneak in to make it four, will be a real 'fuck you' to every other team that in the league.

10 hours ago, GamesGamesGames said:

How do you do that?

If you've never ignored someone before I believe you can only do it in desktop mode, but if you hover over someone's avatar a popup will appear with "ignore user" as an option at the bottom. 

On 11/05/2021 at 19:59, bradigor said:

Hopefully we win our games and Leicester lose one of the remaining two left.

Speaking as a Spurs fan @bradigor, prepare yourself for the crushing inevitability that Spurs will let you down at Leicester. 

2 hours ago, Jammy said:

Speaking as a Spurs fan @bradigor, prepare yourself for the crushing inevitability that Spurs will let you down at Leicester. 

Didn't account for Chelsea slip up did I ;) 

5 hours ago, Scruff said:

I really hope Leicester keep Liverpool out of top 4. Bad enough 3 of the gang of cunts will be playing CL next season but if Liverpool sneak in to make it four, will be a real 'fuck you' to every other team that in the league.

Why would it be a fuck you? The season is always touted as the true measure of a team's quality. So if Liverpool end up finishing 4th then that is where they deserve to finish.

I appreciate it'll highlight the fact there is a clear divide between the clubs with bigger budgets and the rest but we always knew that.

At the same time Arsenal and Tottenham have shown that clubs in and around the top can definitely fall away.

You know fine well why it would. For Liverpool's whole season to be riding on finishing in the top four so they can gain entry into a competition that a few weeks ago they decided wasn't good/profitable enough and so left it.

Nothing to do with how good they have or haven't been in the league all season. All six of the teams that shat on the ECL should be barred from it for a season or more, even though we know it's never happen so in lieu of that I want Leicester to finish above Liverpool.

But it's not like the players, manager and fans also deemed it not a worthy competetion and didn't want to be in. Fuck what the owners want, because everyone else certainly doesn't see the CL as a competition not worthy of being in.

I'd like Lecieseter to get in the top 4, but at Chelseas expense (for obvious reasons). Chelsea can get in by beating Man City please.

At least Sheffield United will want us to finish above West Ham ;) 

I still believe ONLY the league winners should be in the European Cup and have a UEFA and Cup Winners Cup again. All those competitions should also be a straight knockout. 

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

At least Sheffield United will want us to finish above West Ham ;) 

I still believe ONLY the league winners should be in the European Cup and have a UEFA and Cup Winners Cup again. All those competitions should also be a straight knockout. 

Where would the money be made then though?

Imagine the howls of anguish from the self entitled elite if the Champion's League really was the Champion’s League. 

The champions league would only have about 4-5 teams who were capable of winning it every year though, due to the concentration of money in the main leagues. We’ve gone too far now to go back to that.

It would never happen though. Even in the 90s the latter stages of the UEFA Cup were more interesting because they had more ‘names’ involved, and that’s what people really want. 

As for the top four? I hope Leicester do it. It would just be dull as fuck if it ends up being Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool again.  Qualification being seen as a consolation prize for a bad season just depresses me.  

You can't go back. The talent and money is too concentrated in the select few leagues, and the political landscape has changed too much (despite the UK's best efforts to go in reverse).

You would need the Eastern European leagues to regain their strength (and perhaps merge some of them), to limit the club squads to largely domestic players only, and perhaps even walk back the Bosman ruling while you're at it. 

None of which will happen. It was never the format that made the competitions what they were, and resurrecting it now is impossible.

I'm totally up for a straight knockout though. Fuck it, ditch the Europa and Conference leagues and just have 4 teams from each of the 55 UEFA nations enter. One preliminary round, then simple progression from the last 128.

It'd be 8 rounds of awesomeness. No money in it, but nobody important gives a fuck.