Football Thread 2020/2021

Gotters

4 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

This will change nothing. 

It won’t, no. Not this one time. It needs to be more often. It needs to lead to bigger disruptions.

sorry but what these owners did was outrageous. They don’t get to just let things blow over.

1 minute ago, elmo said:

It won’t, no. Not this one time. It needs to be more often. It needs to lead to bigger disruptions.

sorry but what these owners did was outrageous. They don’t get to just let things blow over.

They don't care. What's the actual goal? Sell up to better billionaires?

2 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

They don't care. What's the actual goal? Sell up to better billionaires?

What they are doing is a better alternative than letting the owners crack on like nothing happened. How could that possibly be better than this?

39 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

The only way to get the glazers out is to stop going to the games, buying the shirts and paying for sky and BT. Nothing else makes any difference to them.

They've shown they don't give a shit about the match attending fans with their ESL proposals, there's plenty of money to be gotten over seas. Forcing matches to postponed hits harder, short term admittedly, than lack of ticket sales, especially as they're only just starting to let fans back into games.

5 minutes ago, elmo said:

What they are doing is a better alternative than letting the owners crack on like nothing happened. How could that possibly be better than this?

I just don't see the glazers going anywhere. 

4 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I just don't see the glazers going anywhere. 

Does that mean we shouldn't do anything and just be content?

Just now, spork said:

No. But I'm hearing things like "this is a watershed moment" - I'll be absolutely amazed if this makes any difference. The glazers aren't going until they want to go. 

Just now, Stoppy2000 said:

No. But I'm hearing things like "this is a watershed moment" - I'll be absolutely amazed if this makes any difference. The glazers aren't going until they want to go. 

Okay.

3 minutes ago, spork said:

This is the third attempt, I think.  They're still there.  The only thing that's shifting them is cold, hard cash and a lot of it.

Just now, Plissken said:

This is the third attempt, I think.  They're still there.  The only thing that's shifting them is cold, hard cash and a lot of it.

Green and gold until we're sold. That was ten years ago??

Just now, Plissken said:

FC United of Manchester is 15 years old now.

Yep. I saw them play my local team years ago. They brought about 1500 away fans. Next time a few years later it was more like 500. I think a lot of fans can't help the pull of the team they originally supported. 

A guy on Radio 5 earlier said that this could still be escalated further.

The fans could strike and form a picket line, and that would force the players to declare what side they are on.

That would be an event!

14 minutes ago, artz said:

I am shocked and stunned by the events of today.

Who would have thought Man Utd would have the best fans in the big six? :o

Fair play to them.

A long journey from the home counties to not watch a game? Ballsy.

7 minutes ago, artz said:

A guy on Radio 5 earlier said that this could still be escalated further.

The fans could strike and form a picket line, and that would force the players to declare what side they are on.

That would be an event!

That guy was a typical radio phone in caller. The players are on the side of whoever pays their wages. You could make a case that ultimately that's the fans themselves I suppose...

18 minutes ago, Hamus said:

A long journey from the home counties to not watch a game? Ballsy.

Nah, that was way out of the comfort zone of the prawn sandwich brigade.

16 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

That guy was a typical radio phone in caller. The players are on the side of whoever pays their wages.

Some of them maybe, others are aiming higher for a legacy.

I'm not condoning the guy who fired a flare at the sky gantry though, that is way out of order.

Don't focus on the minority and lose focus of the aim of the protest that was peaceful in the large majority.

Yes condemn those few, but never let it be the overall story that distracts.

We've seen this play by the media before. Especially when it comes to football fans.

It does have to be noted how the Police seemed able to behave themselves for this protest... Couldnt possibly have anything to do with being on Sky Sports

18 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Don't focus on the minority and lose focus of the aim of the protest that was peaceful in the large majority.

Yes condemn those few, but never let it be the overall story that distracts.

We've seen this play by the media before. Especially when it comes to football fans.

The aim of the protest was to get some owners out of a football club. I struggle to find that worthy of getting involved with protesting never mind the fact at least one idiot thought it was so important that it warranted actual violence. 

Yes I know it's a minority. Yes I know the police aren't above reproach.