Jump to content

Football Thread 2020/2021


Gotters
 Share

Recommended Posts

  

1 minute ago, Fry Crayola said:

 

Oh, if only this was true competition, like having a selection of colas to choose from, rather than bollocks competition like which train provider to use.

 

Yep, in fact I was thinking that after I posted it, you're right, including about the train franchises.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

 

Oh, if only this was true competition, like having a selection of colas to choose from, rather than bollocks competition like which train provider to use.

 

Exactly, it's only competition if two channels are showing Chelsea v Fulham.  Not if the other one is showing Liverpool v Everton three hours later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dudley said:

 

Exactly, it's only competition if two channels are showing Chelsea v Fulham.  Not if the other one is showing Liverpool v Everton three hours later.


Indeed, the ‘competition’ that was forced upon us led to vastly more expensive subscriptions to watch the same games :doh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neymar is undoubtedly a fantastic footballer but good grief he's annoying. Every contact, he goes into a spinning tumble. I'd never trust him with a tray of drinks.

 

He's done this at least three times already.

 

tumblr_pbgm69QyOX1tf8a5ao2_400.gif.f5a64826ce91b1b01c9ed3410a7b9061.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PSG are a team cast in the image of Neymar - they look brilliant for short periods like the first 20-25m last night then as soon as the going gets a bit tougher they become petulant and go to pieces.

 

It's a combination of his influence over the team I suspect but more so that they just aren't prepared and tasted domestically for this end of the CL. They are like 1980s British heavyweights who used to pad up their record being fed a diet of hand picks stiffs who then came unstuck as soon as they met a ranked contender who didn't fall over on cue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gotters said:

It's a combination of his influence over the team I suspect but more so that they just aren't prepared and tasted domestically for this end of the CL. They are like 1980s British heavyweights who used to pad up their record being fed a diet of hand picks stiffs who then came unstuck as soon as they met a ranked contender who didn't fall over on cue.

 

You say that but they've lost plenty of times in the league this season. Personally I think Pochettino's trophy allergy must just be highly contagious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, The Fox said:

 

You say that but they've lost plenty of times in the league this season. Personally I think Pochettino's trophy allergy must just be highly contagious.

 

 

They're just a high quality Celtic domestically, got bored and complacent of winning the league.

 

I suspect that squad is unmanageable, Neymar does as he please to the point of being banned/injured every March for a few weeks to 'celebrate' his sisters birthday with her. You hear occasionally Mbappe is 'difficult' and then you've got a wider group of mercenaries who've been bought for over the odds and stuck on huge contracts. Can't imagine Poch wanting to get them doing extra defensive drills or fitness work will cut the moutarde there. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s too soon to judge Poch, he joined during the January transfer window and hasn’t had a chance to shape the squad yet.  Even if PSG don’t win the French league this year it’s not on him really, his tenure will be defined by his first couple of full seasons.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56940793

Quote

Albion Rovers' David Cox says he has quit football after claiming he was verbally abused about his mental health struggles by an opposition player.

Cox, 32, left the stadium at half-time of his side's game with Stenhousemuir and said he was taunted about his previous attempts to take his own life.

Quote

In a social media video, the part-time player said: "Second half just starting Albion Rovers-Stenhousemuir and I have left the stadium. I wasn't playing tonight, I was on the bench.

"One of the boys in the Stenny team, we were having a bit of to and fro and they had a go at my mental health. Told me I should have done it right the first time.

"Some folk might not think it's a big deal, but I'm fed up listening to it. I don't get paid enough for it.

"If they had put me on the park, I'd probably have broken the boy's legs deliberately. I tried to speak to the referees about it, but they didn't want to know because they didn't hear it.

"So I'm going to do something about it and for me it's leaving the game. I'm done with it. I either keep playing and I'm going to batter somebody on the park, which is not good and will result in me being the bad one."

 

It does go on, winding people up to gain an advantage.  In my semi-pro days, I was well up for a bit of ribbing/bants to get under someone's skin.  It happens in most sports including the genteel sport of cricket (sledging) but this is pretty low. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fair play to the guy for taking a stand.  I understand chirping/sledging to be part of the game (the Aussie cricketers under Steve Waugh were as notorious for dishing it out as for not being able to take it) but there are boundaries.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Is anyone joining in boycotting social media this weekend?


I certainly won’t be posting anything over the weekend and have moved my Facebook, Instagram and Twitter apps to a folder away from my main Home Screen to try and avoid the automatic reflex of opening them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, OneDvBmbr said:


I certainly won’t be posting anything over the weekend and have moved my Facebook, Instagram and Twitter apps to a folder away from my main Home Screen to try and avoid the automatic reflex of opening them. 

 

I deactivated mine but haven't moved apps. Keep tapping them without thinking and then getting a login page. 

 

It's making me think I should just get rid of it all for good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.