Football Thread 2020/2021

5 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Funny unit, Man U fans complaint about ref bias, Arsenal fans complaining that other teams are nasty to them - I guess it happens when your team is shite that it’s all unfair when it was your advantage when you were good - Liverpool will start whining about VAR being against them soo.....

I'm struggling to decipher that as being written in English! :blink2:

6 minutes ago, Gabzy said:

Right on cue. Load of usual shite

Dunno what the issue was, it was a foul but you would think Fernandez had gone a game without a dodgy penalty the way your fans are crying about it!!

You will still win because we are shite and can’t defend and yet insist in trying to defend out games for the win then the draw.

I imagine the bookies won’t even take a bet on an inj time winner pen to Utd at the moment.

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

Dunno what the issue was, it was a foul but you would think Fernandez had gone a game without a dodgy penalty the way your fans are crying about it!!

You will still win because we are shite and can’t defend and yet insist in trying to defend out games for the win then the draw.

I imagine the bookies won’t even take a bet on an inj time winner pen to Utd at the moment.

Reverse psychology ain't workign this time.. it's going to be a draw in the end, which is fine for us, shit for you lot though. I blame your manager ;) 

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

1. FernandeS

2. What was a foul? McTominay on Son? Grow up.

I know I'm not paid £15m a year but you'd think if you spend all week every week telling the press your defenders are shit then a gameplan that relies on sitting back and letting said ropey defenders actually defend all the time seems somewhat flawed.

Unless of course you've had enough and fancy another payoff. 

There's something rather 'Spursy' about blaring out a 15 year old Stereophonics song at commentator-covering volume, to no fans, seconds after the final whistle of a home 3-1 defeat.

I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's the inevitable lethargy of it all.

Mourhino’s second season effect lasted precisely two months. Decided that the network won’t fund season three so has been trying to squeeze the third season story in the back of the second. It just isn’t as rewarding for the viewer as a full Mourinho third season, just another notch on a disappointing season. 

As a neutral, that McTominay ‘foul’ decision is an utter disgrace and just serves to sully the reputation of the game and further cement what a disaster the implementation of VAR is. For the record, I’m all for a video review system but the way VAR is being used is utter balls. 

There is an easy way to solve today’s issue though. Any time a player goes down clutching their head (or any other body part), they get stretchered off for assessment and are only allowed back after 10 mins. Similarly, I would have instant yellow cards for mouthing or crowding the ref, and 10 yard penalties to force people to behave. 

I love the game but displays like this just make it more difficult to appreciate and I can’t see it getting any better.