Football Thread 2020/2021

Lino puts her flag up in the West Brom vs Manchester City game, all the West Brom players stop and Cancelo sticks it in the top corner from 20 yards.  Goal stands. 

Edit: not that it matters.  Manchester City tearing West Brom a new one here.   Their recent home form has been astonishingly bad:

image.png.9d43af0fd3182653285f4513134f2d6f.png

The ref didn’t stop the game though, as is the quirk of the delayed offside flag, so the West Brom players only have themselves to blame for not playing to the whistle.

It’s a lovely finish too.

Also have we talked about this?

"Referees have been instructed to alter their interpretation of the offside rule, after widespread disagreement caused by Bernardo Silva's controversial Manchester City goal against Aston Villa last week."

So that goal would now be considered offside after all.

Lol

I think the fairest thing would either be for Man City to be stripped of their points from the Villa game, or possibly they could have a future goal disallowed at a moment chosen by an independent arbiter.  I'd be willing to take that role.

Inter v AC Milan is great TV.

Zlatan scores.

Zlatan and Lukaku have a bust up.

The referee seemingly then stops the first half early.

Later, Zlatan is very unlucky to get sent-off.

Then Inter get an iffy penalty and Lukaku scores. 

And now the Referee has got injured and has to be replaced. 

Madness.

13 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Also.... how did Liverpool draw with this West Brom? We deserve everything happening to us right now.

City have these crazy tactics like having shots on target. Liverpool probably should try it more often.

31 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

I think the fairest thing would either be for Man City to be stripped of their points from the Villa game, or possibly they could have a future goal disallowed at a moment chosen by an independent arbiter.  I'd be willing to take that role.

As a representative of the wronged party I think Villa should just get Kevin De Bruyne on a season long loan as compensation.  

8 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

As a representative of the wronged party I think Villa should just get Kevin De Bruyne on a season long loan as compensation.  

That would be fine, except that he's injured at the moment, so you better have Phil Foden until he's fit.

26 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

A good idea. Perhaps they could do it after giving Sheffield United that goal from last season. I reckon he would do well in the Championship. :P 

58 minutes ago, layten said:

A good idea. Perhaps they could do it after giving Sheffield United that goal from last season. I reckon he would do well in the Championship. :P 

If you ever wanted proof that timing is everything then I guess that moment against Sheffield United is all the proof anybody ever needs. It was half an hour into our 29th game of the season, but because it was the first game back after 100 days of no football* and everybody was watching it's entered the collective consciousness,  only history seems to have been rewritten that it was some kind of reverse Agueroooooooo! moment.  

*Villa actually played the last game before lockdown and the first game after.  We also became the first club in English football history to win a game on every single day of the week in the same season, which isn't bad when we only won 9 times in total! 

12 hours ago, Stopharage said:

Inter v AC Milan is great TV.

Zlatan scores.

Zlatan and Lukaku have a bust up.

The referee seemingly then stops the first half early.

Later, Zlatan is very unlucky to get sent-off.

Then Inter get an iffy penalty and Lukaku scores. 

And now the Referee has got injured and has to be replaced. 

Madness.

https://streamable.com/0wu083

https://streamable.com/c6d6bn

https://streamable.com/0dm1bx

The only thing stopping Zlatan from being GOAT is his behavior. Disgraceful. 

Ibra: “You are a donkey”

Lukaku: “Let’s go inside you bitch, we’re gonna see”

Ibra: “Call your mother, do your voodoo shit”

Lukaku: “F*ck you & your wife you little bitch”

Jack Grealish is so fucking good at football.  I’m resigned to the fact that someone is gonna come in with an offer for him this summer because there can’t be many players in world football who aren’t already at Champions League clubs who are better than he is. 

edit: 

Arse. I was typing we need a third as Burnley aren’t out of this yet and they scuff one into the net. :facepalm:

Edited by Naysonymous

How the fuck are we losing this? :lol:

It feels like West Ham away or Brighton at home when we should be miles ahead and come away with nothing.  For as good as we’ve looked at the back at times this season we ain’t half conceded some soft goals.