Jump to content

Football Thread 2020/2021


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, ManLikeColonel said:

Cheers! Great help.

 

I couldn't care less. I've asked do you think he is the best midfielder in the premier league.

 

Apparently I am stupid when all I said was: You probably think Bruno Fernandes is the best midfielder in the premier league. You went on a really triggered rant, trying to prove his worth when actually I really don't care. Did I ask how good he was? No. I asked if you could show me some stats to prove he was the best midfielder in the premier league... You haven't done that. I really didn't want to see some stats from a wikipage about how many goals and assists he has in the last 44 games or whatever the fuck. Half his goals are penalties that other people have won/shouldn't have even been given... Is he the best Midfielder in the Prem? No.

 

I support QPR and have for about 8/9 years now, thanks for asking.

 

Maybe you should try and work on your lack of reading comprehension and actually see what I've put down. I really didn't ask you to get his Chorizo in your mouth and spew love out of your bum about him, but carry on if it makes you happy, mate.

 

P.S. don't get a boner because you have 8 little internet hearts on your post.

 

 

Ive been triggering him for almost ten years now :sherlock:

 

 

Fucking hell, talk about triggered ranting eh?

 

:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ManLikeColonel said:

 

Hmm. Okay, maybe we need a definition of 'Best Midfielder'.

Not really, those two are miles ahead under any metric other than a vague leadership category which Henderson would be high in. Grealish has to be classed as an attacker add Kante has faded quite a bit from the monster he was. Pogba is obviously inconsistent and Wijnaldum doesn't put up the numbers. Who else is there?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Timmo said:

Not really, those two are miles ahead under any metric other than a vague leadership category which Henderson would be high in. Grealish has to be classed as an attacker add Kante has faded quite a bit from the monster he was. Pogba is obviously inconsistent and Wijnaldum doesn't put up the numbers. Who else is there?

 

Also who has even claimed Bruno is the best midfielder in the league? No one apart from chuchuchris himself (or his pretend brother maybe?) :lol:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ManLikeColonel said:

 

Great reply, got him again. That's ten years in a row, now!

 

*BrunoFernandesTipsHatMemeThenDivesGetsGivenPenaltyScoresEveryUnitedFanThinksHesBestMidfielderInTheWorld*

 

And what the fuck is this? Wow :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Not really, those two are miles ahead under any metric other than a vague leadership category which Henderson would be high in. Grealish has to be classed as an attacker add Kante has faded quite a bit from the monster he was. Pogba is obviously inconsistent and Wijnaldum doesn't put up the numbers. Who else is there?

 

They are both great Attacking midfielders but what about the defensive midfielders? Do they not get a shout purely because they don't get a lot of goals?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ManLikeColonel said:

 

They are both great Attacking midfielders but what about the defensive midfielders? Do they not get a shout purely because they don't get a lot of goals?

Fabinho is the best defensive mid (or Kante as mentioned) but neither are as influential or talented as them two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ManLikeColonel said:

Cheers! Great help.

 

I couldn't care less. I've asked do you think he is the best midfielder in the premier league.

 

Apparently I am stupid when all I said was: You probably think Bruno Fernandes is the best midfielder in the premier league. You went on a really triggered rant, trying to prove his worth when actually I really don't care. Did I ask how good he was? No. I asked if you could show me some stats to prove he was the best midfielder in the premier league... You haven't done that. I really didn't want to see some stats from a wikipage about how many goals and assists he has in the last 44 games or whatever the fuck. Half his goals are penalties that other people have won/shouldn't have even been given... Is he the best Midfielder in the Prem? No.

 

I support QPR and have for about 8/9 years now, thanks for asking.

 

Maybe you should try and work on your lack of reading comprehension and actually see what I've put down. I really didn't ask you to get his Chorizo in your mouth and spew love out of your bum about him, but carry on if it makes you happy, mate.

 

P.S. don't get a boner because you have 8 little internet hearts on your post.

 

 

Ive been triggering him for almost ten years now :sherlock:

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dudley said:

And remember Orient didn't forfeit because of COVID. They forfeited because their opponent didn't want to rearrange the game.

 

So I assume if Everton just say "Oh we'd love to but we're a bit busy sorry" they'll be awarded the win.


No they didn’t, we had this out at the time - nothing to do with Spurs and not because we didn’t want to rearrange the game - check the rules and the actual reason for their forfeit, probably in this thread from the last time you raised this nonsense.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's brilliant seeing a Villa side that not only has some talent about it, but also isn't a pushover and has some mental resilience.

 

We've played badly a couple of times this season, and one is those was in the Carabao Cup when we played a second string side. It's pretty clear the squad is thin and that's the main fear right now, as we're close to getting into the weaker figures through injuries and suspensions.

 

But so far the side has held whenever we've had to rotate and we've proved beyond doubt that we will create chances against anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Timmo said:

Fabinho is the best defensive mid (or Kante as mentioned) but neither are as influential or talented as them two.

 

I disagree I don't think that you can look at goals and assists and see the full story. I think Henderson is a great example of that. How influential is he to an already amazing Liverpool squad? 

 

13 hours ago, neoELITE said:

 

 

How's league 1?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ManLikeColonel said:

 

I disagree I don't think that you can look at goals and assists and see the full story. I think Henderson is a gr1eat example of that. How influencal is he to an already amazing Liverpool squad? 

I already mentioned Henderson and made the exact same point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Gotters said:

football and gambling can fuck right off - its an insidious potentially harmful endeavour dressed up as fun with cuddly Ray Winstone encouraging people to 'have a bang on that' - sport has a long history of such morally dodgy tie ups, with tobacco long being the thing getting publicity from its association with the likes of F1, snooker and darts.


Totally agree - have been saying to my wife the last two or three years that they should take gambling adverts off the telly, as something that is potentially very addictive and socially damaging. They removed tobacco and alcohol adverts and sponsorship years ago, and gambling should be treated in a similar way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/12/2020 at 15:20, Gotters said:

football and gambling can fuck right off - its an insidious potentially harmful endeavour dressed up as fun with cuddly Ray Winstone encouraging people to 'have a bang on that' - sport has a long history of such morally dodgy tie ups, with tobacco long being the thing getting publicity from its association with the likes of F1, snooker and darts.

 

Trippier though has essentially committed insider trading, if he encouraged his mates to pile into a stock as he knew a takeover was coming they'd all get done for it - they may only be ripping off bookies but if their bets were on the Betfair exchange then its a real punter on the other side getting fleeced.


Ray Winstone is a cunt with that advert he does. He even puts on a rough voice aimed directly at the poor working class. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not expecting anything tonight after the Premier League / TV companies have fucked us over. 
 

We played the final game two days ago, after Liverpool and against Spurs. The league has been kind to Liverpool and Spurs allowing them an extra day of rest. 
 

Amazon I guess wanted some cannon fodder for United who played the day before Wolves I believe, and therefore have had 50% more rest as well as a home game to follow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's really weird is that the sponsorship isn't aimed at the fans of the clubs - my lot have had four gambling sponsors and I can't actually place a bet with three of them.

 

Part of the problem is that the clubs have come to rely on the money - and there isn't the market out there clamouring to replace it.  It's the SkyBet Championship because the rights were absurdly cheap, and 32Red sponsored so many Championship clubs precisely because someone worked out that it was the most effective way of getting coverage in something like half of all televised games.  I know that Clarets get at least five times more per season for the shirt and a stand sponsorship by two gambling companies than they did when they were sponsored by two local businessmen six years ago.  SportPesa paid more to put their name on the front of Everton and Hull than they did to sponsor clubs and the entire league in their home country. (Which they abandoned halfway through in protest at a tax aimed at discouraging gambling.)

 

I'm absolutely all for banning gambling companies from any form of football sponsorship - I've said before that I personally boycott any club merchandise that carries a gambling sponsor on it - but it is going to hit clubs outside the Premier League quite hard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.