Football Thread 2020/2021

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

I've just seen the disallowed goal. That is fucking disgraceful officiating to give that as a foul on the keeper. He runs nearly the full length of the box and jumps into the back of Ben Mee. 

Is it any wonder the refereeing in the PL is always called into question. I'm fucking baffled at how that is a foul on the keeper. Are we now saying they can just launch themselves into anyone now. 

The FUCK?

2 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Well done Albion!

Looking forward to two weeks of Klopp talking about five subs on Sky Sports News.

It's ok. You'll drown it out because VAR is anti Wolves when Neto is just offside ;)

8 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I don’t think it’s a battering when you have 2 shots on target, Big Sam done what Bid Sam does!

Wenger called it sterile domination if I recall correctly. Keeps the league interesting and only Man City have gained ground this weekend. 

3 minutes ago, bradigor said:

All our teams are shit!!!

After this weekend thinking Man City will be 3-5 points clear by the end of January.

But so might Villa, Everton, Man U (not because Ole is any good though), Leicester, Spurs or Liverpool.

3 minutes ago, Jammy said:

@glb  Spurs won’t be if they persist with this tactic of scoring a single goal and trying to defend it for 85+ minutes. Another set piece goal conceded, and they seem incapable of keeping possession at the moment. 

Just been that sort of season that if they - or anyone else - string five wins together from now onwards, they’re probably favourites for the title.

Is bizarre why Spurs sit deep with the threat of Kane and Son though.

4 minutes ago, glb said:

Is bizarre why Spurs sit deep with the threat of Kane and Son though.

A few of the pundits had it right - when they were winning the fans accepted that style of play, but since the results stopped coming people are starting to get a bit disgruntled. We had a great November with some tricky fixtures, but I won’t be sorry to see the back of December :)

39 minutes ago, Jammy said:

@glb  Spurs won’t be if they persist with this tactic of scoring a single goal and trying to defend it for 85+ minutes. Another set piece goal conceded, and they seem incapable of keeping possession at the moment. 

That's often how he played with United. The main issue there was that the defence mostly consisted of Phil Jones, Smalling, Young and Valencia.

16 minutes ago, spork said:

That's often how he played with United. The main issue there was that the defence mostly consisted of Phil Jones, Smalling, Young and Valencia.

The players look knackered and Jose has been quite abrasive (shock) in th interviews about him not setting out to frustrate and counter, the main thing is we look a little off when we have decent chances - footballs a funny game as we had more shots on target than Liverpool did in their game tonight! 

38 minutes ago, Jammy said:

A few of the pundits had it right - when they were winning the fans accepted that style of play, but since the results stopped coming people are starting to get a bit disgruntled. We had a great November with some tricky fixtures, but I won’t be sorry to see the back of December :)

Suppose his main benchmark is qualifying for the Champions League, and anything else is a bonus? Great chance of a trophy in the League Cup too, and fancy Mourinho will be feeling pretty confident once the Europa League returns.

22 minutes ago, glb said:

Suppose his main benchmark is qualifying for the Champions League, and anything else is a bonus? Great chance of a trophy in the League Cup too, and fancy Mourinho will be feeling pretty confident once the Europa League returns.

Yep, I think that’s his remit this season. It’s a bit frustrating because they were playing some nice football earlier in the season, but nothing quite seems to be clicking at the moment. As @Shimmyhillsaid, the players look knackered, but when you’re chasing the ball for 70% of every game that’s not a surprise.

5 hours ago, ManLikeColonel said:

AHAHAHAHA! Show me the stats where Bruno Fernandes is the best midfielder in the league! Please? Mate.

Answer this for me. Would you rather have Son or Mané?

I'd have him over Dr Bruyne right now, which is crazy. He's been a revelation.

6 hours ago, ManLikeColonel said:

AHAHAHAHA! Show me the stats where Bruno Fernandes is the best midfielder in the league! Please? Mate.

Answer this for me. Would you rather have Son or Mané?

You're really showing up how stupid and ignorant you are. :lol:

For a start we could look at goals and assists where he ranks third out of every player in the top 5 leagues in Europe since he signed for United. I'd argue that goals and assists are probably some of the most important stats for an attacking midfielder, although I'm sure you'll find some reason why g+a doesn't matter at all.

izxju157cl761.thumb.jpg.4a85e7597d8d7e3fb3a918855049ea22.jpg

You also didn't even bother to answer which club you've decided to support this season. 

Remember that time you got banned for trolling so made a new account and tried to pretend to post as your brother? "AHAHAHAHA!" indeed. Maybe you should change your username again so we forget how embarrassing you are.

499887271_f0q9k03ptq761(1).gif.5571a2673bb337dc9ce3a731340c8644.gif

:sherlock:

Edit: To clarify, I don't think any United fans (certainly not on here or Reddit, I'm sure you can find some on Twitter) have been saying Bruno is the best midfielder in the league. This is something you have constructed in your own mind through lack of reading comprehension. Has he been fucking brilliant and done exactly what we needed from him since he signed almost 1 year ago? Yes he has! Are there more rounded/better midfielders in the league? Of course there are! Does anyone else care? No.