Pikmin 3 Deluxe - Switch - October 30th

1 hour ago, OneDvBmbr said:

Played a bit of the demo today and really enjoyed it. Didn’t own a Wii U so not played this since Pikmin 2 on the GameCube. 

Quick question, is there a way to split up my characters? So one goes to one part of the map with a group of Pikmin and another goes somewhere different?

I haven't played the demo yet, but yes, that's how it worked on Wii U. You effectively pause the game while you issue a command (it was on the gamepad) to go to a location. While they're walking there you can do stuff with another captain. 

Wow, this is a really generous demo - I’m on day 3 and it hasn’t put the brakes on yet, Resident Evil 2 10 minute demo this is not. 

Loving it, obviously!

1 hour ago, Popo said:

Wow, this is a really generous demo - I’m on day 3 and it hasn’t put the brakes on yet, Resident Evil 2 10 minute demo this is not. 

Loving it, obviously!

And you can also play the high score game where you’re just collecting stuff  - that’s great fun. 

Got to the end of the demo (end of day 3 for anyone wondering) and then also had a couple of goes at the treasure high score game. 

As has been said, a really generous demo and I’m definitely going to get the full game, although hoping it’s available for less than £50 at some point (I’m digital only). 

1 hour ago, OneDvBmbr said:

Got to the end of the demo (end of day 3 for anyone wondering) and then also had a couple of goes at the treasure high score game. 

As has been said, a really generous demo and I’m definitely going to get the full game, although hoping it’s available for less than £50 at some point (I’m digital only). 

If there is another digital game you want I think the double voucher program ends up at £42 per game (£84 for the actual voucher). 

2 hours ago, McCoy said:

If there is another digital game you want I think the double voucher program ends up at £42 per game (£84 for the actual voucher). 

I was thinking the same thing, Pikmin 3 and 3D World

10 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

Ordered this on the strength of the demo too. Played with my daughter and she loved it although she was almost in tears the first time we had to leave some Pikmin to die.

Mine was the same, she loved it and got the whole concept straight away but was pretty distraught when they die :(

2 hours ago, spatular said:

playing the demo unlocks some bonus missions in the main game - does anyone know if these can be unlocked in the main game without playing the demo?

Can’t believe they wouldn’t be - I think it’s just about making sure your progress isn’t wasted from what I’ve read

• 4 weeks later...

Launch has come and gone and not a single post :(

To be expected I suppose, early reports suggest the game isn’t selling that well, worse than on Wii U in fact, which is a shame. 

Anyway I’ve been playing it with my daughter today in co-op (you can play the whole story mode that way now) and it’s lovely. Just such a well designed and playable game - I’m finding it easier than Pikmin 1 and better in all respects than both of the earlier games. 

Needs more love :wub:

It's a shame as I think a lot of people would like it if they gave it a try. It's really chill. I've been playing co-op with my partner too and she got really into it. We've 100% the main story and every mission. It looks magnificent. Some of the textures could do with being slightly higher res when blown up this big, but the design of the world and the incidental detail is really top.

My son's been addicted to the demo, so we've bought it but he doesn't know yet, birthday on the 2nd Dec. Looking forward to playing, I haven't had a go of Pikmin since the first one on Gamecube.

I think the fact that's it's being released in the run-up to the holiday season, isn't really helping. Would've been perfect timing a few months ago.

Even my kid who used to adore Pikmin 3, decided he'd rather have Age Of Calamity instead.

I'll probably get it for myself in a few months from now.

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Launch has come and gone and not a single post :(

To be expected I suppose, early reports suggest the game isn’t selling that well, worse than on Wii U in fact, which is a shame. 

Anyway I’ve been playing it with my daughter today in co-op (you can play the whole story mode that way now) and it’s lovely. Just such a well designed and playable game - I’m finding it easier than Pikmin 1 and better in all respects than both of the earlier games. 

Needs more love :wub:

It's won over Japan. Been number one for the last two weeks there and will probably finish as a million seller. Just not so much over here. 

I've bought it, but having completed the WiiU version back in the day I'm in no rush to start it. I am looking forward to a replay around Christmas though. 

I bought it and completed it on the hardest difficulty. Loved the main story and the side stories. The missions became a bit of a grind and too frustrating to perfect alone but overall I got more than my money's worth out of it.

One thing I don't like about this is that it makes me notice my age and reduced ability to press the right buttons at the right time. I don't know why but my brain really struggles with the difference between the 'swap enemy' and 'throw pikmin' buttons regardless of amount of experience. I also really struggle with the order that actions are needed to split up my squad as I want and switch between characters, regularly entering the map screen with the wrong character. The later is clearly bad design as the character choice should be static somehow, maybe through a radial wheel approach, rather than dynamic on the d-pad left and right.

This has been yet another Ninty hit in our house. 
5 year old adores it and 9 year old is pretty keen. 
I haven’t played since the first one on the GC and as mentioned the 2 player is great and collaborative. The side games are particularly good fun and replayable.
My only gripe is the viewing angle which is a too high up so you can’t see far enough ahead. I guess this was due to hardware limitations initially maybe, but seems unnecessary and extremely annoying to me now.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've cleared my decks a little so this is back on the agenda for me. So far, I've got my three dudes again. Initially, I was a bit put off by the day length and trying to get things done, but the ability to replay days is front and centre, so I figured it's nice to try and achieve something in a day, but a do over isn't the worst thing ever when days are short.