Pikmin 3 Deluxe - Switch - October 30th

On 17/08/2020 at 12:38, Rob Rule said:

3 is by far the best: it's where the series strengths come together. Like a grander, longer version of the journeys the Denpa Men and Dillon trilogies took. 

Couldn't agree more.

Bit OT here, but I was very sceptical about the 3rd entry in the Dillon series, as I'd played the first two and came away feeling rather underwhelmed. As opposed to the first two games in the Denpa series where I could see the series could eventually become great with just a bit more polish (and the Pikmin series was already pretty awesome from the first game), I hadn't much hope for the Dillon series, until I started playing it last week, and it turned out to be a pretty entertaining game. It even has that touch of out-there design that Vanpool games are known for. Really like it, and nice to see they realized the full potential of the series in the end, as I've always liked Dillon's design.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

I cannot wait for this. My kids have rinsed Odyssey and Yoshi and are craving something new and Nintendoey. If they don’t like this screw them, I’m moving the switch into the office. 

Demo is downloading NOW!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, RaoulSilva said:

I've not played a Pikmin game since the Gamecube and managed to lose at least 2 hours to the demo tonight, so will definitely be getting this. 

It is the best pikmin game. Also best fruit in any video game ever.

7 hours ago, pulsemyne said:

It is the best pikmin game. Also best fruit in any video game ever.

My daughter played co-op with me and said the fruit looked amazing, that was her only real comment.

I loved the demo, played through twice. Is this much of an improvement on the wiiu version? I've been wanting a wiiu for a while so tempted to pick one up with this instead of waiting for the switch release.

This is lovely on the switch... perfect handheld.  Is it just me or is the auto-lock much better than it was on WiiU?  I don't remember it being able to cycle through targets the same way, makes it much easier when there's no pointer to use.

Until 11:00, you can potentially get 50% cashback at quidco on game purchases on GAME, up to £28. So I've pre-ordered. GAME and quidco have been a pretty reliable combo for me over the years so hopefully it'll work out ok. The quidco rep on hutukdeals is responsive and has said the deal is legit. Hopefully it will work out. The bonus content is the t-shirt and cloth. Hopefully the t-shirt will be fat git sized.

Just be sure to not use any reward points against the purchase.

1 hour ago, BeeJay said:

Until 11:00, you can potentially get 50% cashback at quidco on game purchases on GAME, up to £28. So I've pre-ordered. GAME and quidco have been a pretty reliable combo for me over the years so hopefully it'll work out ok. The quidco rep on hutukdeals is responsive and has said the deal is legit. Hopefully it will work out. The bonus content is the t-shirt and cloth. Hopefully the t-shirt will be fat git sized.

Just be sure to not use any reward points against the purchase.

Wait what?  A tee shirt?

Well the demo is lovely and it's encouraged me to order the full game.

It looks super super ropey and low resolution on a big tv though (65" in this case). I wish they'd have done whatever work was required to bring it up to 1080p, especially with it being a full price release.

1 hour ago, bridger said:

Well the demo is lovely and it's encouraged me to order the full game.

It looks super super ropey and low resolution on a big tv though (65" in this case). I wish they'd have done whatever work was required to bring it up to 1080p, especially with it being a full price release.

I think even the animation is a little rough too. Just not as smooth as it could or perhaps should be. I dunno prob being picky but Yoshi is an absolute delight visually and this does just look like a port. Still likely to get it though - bah!

I always like the idea of Pikmin more than playing the games - I think the appeal is RTS (which I don't enjoy) done by Nintendo (so I should enjoy it).

Always feels a bit fiddly though still and the day structure meant I always felt I was going too slow in the early days and doomed after only in progress to the bigger objective

Trying the demo and like the start, but just playing those bits probably scratches the itch for me.

Played a bit of the demo today and really enjoyed it. Didn’t own a Wii U so not played this since Pikmin 2 on the GameCube. 

Quick question, is there a way to split up my characters? So one goes to one part of the map with a group of Pikmin and another goes somewhere different?