Retro Gamer 210 (Tony Hawk's Pro Skater)

1 hour ago, strider said:

Here's what I asked the designer to base it on :lol: All drawn by my fair hand.

150331492_test4.thumb.jpg.069a673a79fe847ff58f25004e59127e.jpg

Nice peek behind the curtain! I do mine on the iPad with an Apple Pencil then send them via Slack. Your paper version has far more charm.

4 hours ago, MatOfTheDead said:

really enjoyed this issue loved the tony hawk and CRT article i would of loved a sticker pack with that i heart CRTs sticker though

We've had a lot of requests for that so if we ever get to a stage when it becomes viable to create stuff like that we'll be looking at creating one.

I totally missed for Formula 1 feature in issue 209 until I spotted the letter from Peter Wheelhouse in issue 210 which I am glad I did! 

Me and my mate played it all the time in the late 80s and I assumed it was only ever us that did play it.  A fantastic game for its time and looking forward to reading all about it. 

Love Graeme's piece on Scuba Dive. I have very fond memories of discovering that game, along with Thanatos and Saboteur 2, on a tape that I'd owned for years but never knew what was on it. I took it to my grandparents house where my Spectrum lived after I'd upgraded to an Amiga (he loved playing Scrabble on it). This was 8 or so years after the game was released but it still kept me hooked for hours. (As did Sab 2 and Thanatos).

On 14/08/2020 at 14:40, Anne Summers said:

Love Graeme's piece on Scuba Dive. I have very fond memories of discovering that game, along with Thanatos and Saboteur 2, on a tape that I'd owned for years but never knew what was on it. I took it to my grandparents house where my Spectrum lived after I'd upgraded to an Amiga (he loved playing Scrabble on it). This was 8 or so years after the game was released but it still kept me hooked for hours. (As did Sab 2 and Thanatos).

Thanks mate! Been trying to track down Mike for ages so was nice to be able to finally get it done. Might be something else for you soon...

On 11/08/2020 at 15:23, Parappa said:

I totally missed for Formula 1 feature in issue 209 until I spotted the letter from Peter Wheelhouse in issue 210 which I am glad I did! 

Me and my mate played it all the time in the late 80s and I assumed it was only ever us that did play it.  A fantastic game for its time and looking forward to reading all about it. 

You def weren't the only ones! I'm not even into F1 but enjoyed it. Top game!

@strider just to add another excellent issue. 

This mag is directly responsible for my 6yo girl demanding to know if I had Space Harrier 2 on any of my machines (thank you Megadrive mini) and then her and her little sister shouting out how to defeat the bosses as we got to them during a marathon session on Sunday. 

“Shoot his turtle heads dad!”

”Dad! Don’t fly into the pillars”

and when the enemy space harriers appears:

”they must be evil twins as they’re in black”

The PS4 sits untouched but they’re obsessed with the classics from retro gamer. 

(aside: if you ask her what her favourite game is, she will tell you Super Metroid or in her terms “Space Pirate Ridley game”).