IGNORED

Which console do you think you'll get first next gen, PS5 or Xbox Series X?

Ketchup

Which console do you think you'll get first next gen, PS5 or Xbox Series X?  

360 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Also, Nintendo of recent times has always turned a profit on hardware as well as software.

A custom design, certainly. But let's not forget who's after buying ARM, which the last three most popular Nintendo consoles (3DS, Switch, DS) had their processor architecture based on. And if that sale comes to pass, who will likely offer the best possible price for an SOC or all-in-one system fabrication that somehow features tensor cores in the price?

Ah, I remember this same poll done prior to release of this current gen. A few of us dared to select 'XBox One', then someone called Haribo rudely  posted our names calling us 'cunts'. I"ve never experienced that sort of behaviour on this forum before, and the fact that the mods did fuck all summed up the pro-Sony hysteria at the time. 

I'm glad to see the forum is more balanced now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2020 at 23:25, thesnwmn said:

So if it stays nvidia then it will almost certainly have DLSS whatever price point the tackle because it’ll be cheap ass old tech by then

Nvidia currently make a cheaper cut-down variant of their RTX GPU, which removes the Ray-Tracing and Machine-Learning accelerators.

If runtime and cost is still important, they'd do exactly the same going forward, all depends on how much of a trade-off the hardware designers wish to make. DLSS isn't free or an automagic bullet yet and it certainly isn't assured to be universally supported by games either.

It's an interesting way of reducing rendering requirements while appearing to deliver visually higher rendering resolutions so I can see why some people think it's the 2nd coming.

On 01/08/2020 at 12:43, Karzee said:

Ah, I remember this same poll done prior to release of this current gen. A few of us dared to select 'XBox One', then someone called Haribo rudely  posted our names calling us 'cunts'. I"ve never experienced that sort of behaviour on this forum before, and the fact that the mods did fuck all summed up the pro-Sony hysteria at the time. 

I'm glad to see the forum is more balanced now.

i remember this, it was ridiculous .  I think It was @Haribokart 

On 25/07/2020 at 14:06, Qazimod said:

Switch 1 was already the first of the next-gen ;) (maybe)

I kid, but I was looking up an equivalent poll for "this" generation and of course the Switch didn't even exist in 2013 - it was Xbox One vs PS4 vs WiiU. Hey, I don't make the polls here... 

https://rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/275392-whats-the-rllmuk-next-gen-console-state-of-play-then/