The funniest moment in The Simpsons history

1 hour ago, And said:

It’s this. 

I can’t explain why but it fills me with joy. 

Every word of Ralph eclipses everything in the 'things that make you absurdly happy' thread, except the person who met someone called Alex Kidd.

Then why did I have the bowl, Bart?

Ohhhhh Ivewastedmylife

Stupid like a fox!

Me fail English? Unpossible!

Guy-m? What’s a guy-m?

Where’s my money? My wife has been quite vocal on the subject.

You promised me dog or higher!

and so many more are now daily phrases in my life.

16 hours ago, BitterToad said:

Pfft, the Planet of the Apes musical isn't even the best Planet of the Apes joke in The Simpsons. Everything about this joke is perfect. Homer's apron/spatula setup, him offering to field the question even though he was asked it directly, the dull thud of his fists on the floor. It's the perfect joke and a perfect example of a Simpsons movie reference. 

Whole episode is one of my faves.

Always thought Homer morphing into Popeye was an hilarious visual gag.

I dont know if it's already been posted but the episode where Homer gets really fat and Lisa's defending him on the school bus, saying yeah my dads fat but he's not some kind of food-crazed maniac then he races by in an ice cream truck just fucking slays me everytime

Also this Milhouse moment, which I can't find a video for, and is one of my favourite one liners:

"It's like Speed 2, but with a bus instead of a boat!"

1 hour ago, therearerules said:

The absolute best one-liner

That’s not even the best one line gag in that episode:

1 hour ago, therearerules said:

The absolute best one-liner

I looked through this whole thread to see if this had been posted. Because it's the correct answer. 

1 hour ago, McFly said:

I havent been seeing many clips from recent times......

That's because the show turned to complete shit around the turn of the century.

50 minutes ago, Timmo said:

That's because the show turned to complete shit around the turn of the century.

I was gonna say something like that but couldnt mind when it happened, S9 or 10 roughly.

On 18/07/2020 at 13:55, Darren said:

The funniest moment in The Simpsons history happens in the episode Homer Badman. However it’s impossible to say which moment it is because there are so many brilliantly funny moments in that episode. But it’s definitely one of them.

Definitely one of the best episodes, every single line is absolute gold.

Actually there’s a hidden message in the episode.
When Rock Bottom’s God....fry Jones announces it’s fabricated stories, it scrolls a load of text super fast. If you frame by frame it you can find a line that says “if you’re reading this, you have no life”.

14 hours ago, Down by Law said:

I dont know if it's already been posted but the episode where Homer gets really fat and Lisa's defending him on the school bus, saying yeah my dads fat but he's not some kind of food-crazed maniac then he races by in an ice cream truck just fucking slays me everytime

"ooooh and it's raspberry"

Ths line at the end is great too

Years ago Newsnight were reviewing the Simpsons episode that featured Tony Blair, aired after the Iraq invasion. After a clip the guest in the studio remarked; 'I've never seen The Simpsons, I liked its satire' and I was so shocked a person in his later years had not even seen one minute of the show that it's stuck with me since. Not everyone has a tv and would eat food at 5:30pm while watching Neighbours then switch to The Simpsons, nor did everyone watch on Sky. 

It haunts me to know there are people in the world whose life has not been blessed with The Simpsons. It has to be the most watched show right? If you haven't seen it then you're not part of modern society.