Palm Springs - Groundhog Wedding

Harsin

• 1 month later...

Enjoyed this. Agree with the point about it going a little rom-com at the end, but I didn't feel like that spoiled it at the time.

One thing that I thought didn't quite work (didn't ruin anything, just an observation) about the ending was:

Spoiler

Sarah tests her theory on the goat and then says that the goat never came back into the world. There is a line from Nyles where he asks if the goat actually wasn't there and she doesn't reply directly, but IF we take her initial word for it then the bit where Roy comes back and says to Nyles "I got the message from your girlfriend, did it work?" and Nyles doesn't recognise him or know what he's talking about - that doesn't make sense right? Because if the same thing happened to the goat that happened to Nyles, Nyles shouldn't actually be there at all?

I guess maybe the director thought it was worth the slight inconsistency to have that little pay off of dramatic irony where Roy realises he can escape? That or maybe they didn't escape at all and Nyles is lying at that point for some reason?

Spoiler

Roy's reliving the day and Nyles isn't. Because he's now out of the loop he now resets along with everyone else except Roy. 

So he would have no idea who or what Roy is talking a out. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

I've added extra spoilers because I'm stupid. 

Spoiler

It’s the missing goat that’s the issue, Sarah says the goat disappeared, but it shouldn’t have because then Nyles should no longer be present in Roy’s timeline.