Star Wars: The Bad Batch - Disney+ 4th May

JohnC

On 17/05/2021 at 13:31, yakumo said:

Think we see the Kamino Uprising from Battlefront, its why I feel like the Bad Batch was designed for besides being a bunch of badasses.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kamino_uprising

Yep, remember this and, at the time, it seemed a suitable explanation as to what happened with the majority of the clones but that was back before we had a rational explanation for how Order 66 worked.

It could be that the newer clones the Kaminoans are producing are loyal to them and programmable to fight against the older "Order 66" programmed Clones.

I would imagine the Kaminoans are ultimately worried that the Empire will wipe them out for fear of the secret getting out behind the brain chips implanted in the clones, therefore some insurance is required. Not like the Empire doesn't have form for that sort of thing, they mass murdered the Geonosians for their part in the Death Star plans.

19 hours ago, X_2_0 said:

Amazingly it’s 26 years since the Street Fighter the movie so Fennic Shand should look like this. 

931227C8-5F23-48D1-8421-E453D25936A1.jpeg

Reminds me of this

DmT5CigUUAAz1Ua?format=jpg&name=900x900

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the first episode, it's a slow start but you can really tell it's a Filoni show. Attention to detail, character moments, the lot.

I only just noticed the other posts in the thread are nearly all boring middle aged nerd shit about cartoon characters not looking enough like live actors and time quibbling etc without actually thinking through the time periods in question. Jesus guys.

Anyway, this show is at least as good as the first season of Rebels based on the 6 out so far. It's packed with little moments, jokes and visual flare.

Spoiler

Like a character saying Omega was clearly the brains of the operation being met with Omega subtly high fiving Wrecker in the background :lol:

This also does a Filoni staple of really lingering on switches, objects and environmental interaction with the characters that makes the world feel more solid and lived in, something Mandalorian did very well.

6 hours ago, JohnC said:

Who that teased at the end? Maybe some internet sleuths recognise clothes.

I'm hoping it's

Spoiler

Ahsoka. I know it won't be, but fuck it.

On 21/05/2021 at 09:54, Matt Defis said:

Another good episode and Filoni is starting to tie things together it seems

Theory

Reveal hidden contents

So who thinks Omega is the Kaminoans first atempt at making a force sensitive Clone from Jangos template?

This is almost certainly correct.

Spoiler

It has already been foreshadowed with Omega saying she "felt" certain thing were right or gets "lucky" etc.

Am I the only one who thought the tone was a bit odd at the end of last weeks ep?

Spoiler

They befriended/rescued a baby rancor only to deliver it to none other than jabba the hutt. 

Yeah great - It's all cute fanservice for now, until it eventually has its skull crushed by a novice jedi in about 30 years time.

8 minutes ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

Am I the only one who thought the tone was a bit odd at the end of last weeks ep?

Hide contents

They befriended/rescued a baby rancor only to deliver it to none other than jabba the hutt. 

Yeah great - It's all cute fanservice for now, until it eventually has its skull crushed by a novice jedi in about 30 years time.

Don't you worry, its not the same Rancor.

3 hours ago, Benny said:

I'm hoping it's

Reveal hidden contents

Ahsoka. I know it won't be, but fuck it.

I just assumed it was:

Spoiler

Ashoka

As the two thief sisters were befriended by that character in The Clone Wars.

57 minutes ago, Waggo said:

I just assumed it was:

Reveal hidden contents

Ashoka

As the two thief sisters were befriended by that character in The Clone Wars.

They were pretty annoying in that arc, and mildly so. But poor Wrecker.

8 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Don’t think Rikah has too long left 😪

I don’t read it that way at all.  They clearly hinted that his:

Spoiler

Inhibitor chip is playing up.  But unlike Cross Hair he is fighting back against it.

So I think that will be used to add some additional tension within the group, plus make his character a bit less one dimensional than it has been to date.  

Ultimately I suspect figuring out how to sort it will lead to them pulling off a rescue mission for the previously mentioned character in the spoiler above.

This show is frequently gorgeous, like a matte painting come to life.

As to this week's episode:

Spoiler

God damn how have they managed to get me teary eyed at popcorn.

On 05/06/2021 at 12:52, yakumo said:

Guess we seeing Vision as the hologram.

No you were wrong idiot.

Great, episode this week. Anyone noticed it's the same planet Cal Kestis from Fallen Order crashed into? I wonder if we're gonna see a cameo of him.

12 hours ago, yakumo said:

Anyone noticed it's the same planet Cal Kestis from Fallen Order crashed into? I wonder if we're gonna see a cameo of him.

I didn't realise that, although it did make me think of it!:D

This really does feel like a continuation of The Clone Wars, while remaining very much its own thing. Every week has been superb so far.

1 hour ago, Mogster said:

I didn't realise that, although it did make me think of it!:D

This really does feel like a continuation of The Clone Wars, while remaining very much its own thing. Every week has been superb so far.

I also really like Omega, maybe its because of her New Zealand accent, but she isn't as annoying as I presumed she be. 

Given in the last episode 

Spoiler

They got their inhibitor chips out, removing the potential for one or more going bad

I'm wondering if

Spoiler

They eventually come up with a way to override the chip in existing clones. Thus accelerating the Empire's plans to phase out clones, probably by murdering all the remaining ones. 

20 hours ago, kensei said:

Given in the last episode 

Hide contents

They got their inhibitor chips out, removing the potential for one or more going bad

I'm wondering if

Hide contents

They eventually come up with a way to override the chip in existing clones. Thus accelerating the Empire's plans to phase out clones, probably by murdering all the remaining ones. 

I always wondered that as well, however, I don't think we see that happen as the Empire will need them as they're still a formidable force. Plus recruiting humans has only started so it will take several years until we see the human stormtroopers replace them at a quantity which is sufficient to warrant them gone.

On 12/06/2021 at 13:51, yakumo said:

I also really like Omega, maybe its because of her New Zealand accent, but she isn't as annoying as I presumed she be. 

I find her incredibly annoying. Her voice grates and she is written poorly- having all sorts of accidents (usually life threatening) for the sake of what? Humour? Children viewers to have someone they can empathise with?