Star Wars: The Bad Batch - Disney+ 4th May

JohnC

Episode 2. More subdued and settling in to itself but every bit as good.

Spoiler

The bit where Hunter and the guys that were left at Cut’s house are heading to the Space Port and Wrecker bumps his head on the scaffolding :lol: genius

I enjoyed the second episode more than the first. I think this is going to be great. :D

I did enjoy The Clone Wars, but it could feel a bit disjointed due to the format. This is much closer to Rebels with its fixed ensemble, and I'm loving it.

It's a tiny thing but the way Omega pronounces her name "Omeega" and everyone else pronounces it "Omayga" really grates, especially when she introduces herself to people (like she did with the kids this week) then they immediately turn round and say it differently. It's very apparent that everyone's voice lines have been recorded separately.

Other than that though, the show is great, and I enjoyed the second episode more than the first.

11 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

It's a tiny thing but the way Omega pronounces her name "Omeega" and everyone else pronounces it "Omayga" really grates, especially when she introduces herself to people (like she did with the kids this week) then they immediately turn round and say it differently. It's very apparent that everyone's voice lines have been recorded separately.

Other than that though, the show is great, and I enjoyed the second episode more than the first.

Not gonna lie- I just googled how to pronounce omega!

14 hours ago, drmick said:

Not gonna lie- I just googled how to pronounce omega!

It reminds of a character in Home & Away who was pronounced as Meeeegan. I guess it's the antipodean way.

Omega's actress is the only actual Kiwi on the show so I guess she would know.

(It sounds even odder from a UK perspective I guess as our tendency is to stress the first syllable of the word - OHmega).

On 15/05/2021 at 10:20, Mogster said:

It was really, really good though. This is getting better and better. :D

Besides from moments of being very dark, I didn't think that last episode was great. It wasn't awful but just average. Plus can Disney stop using Saw Guerra in everything?, obviously Tarkin is the Empeoror to Crosshair being Vade, where we see the eventual redemption. I can't see him survivng though.

That was my favourite episode yet thought it was great.  Anyone else get the impression the female elite trooper is: 

Spoiler

Iden Versio from the Battlefront game?  Certainly had a look of her.

Probably turn out to be her mom then, although with Sci-Fi it’s pretty easy to get round age issues anyway.  You just have her come from a planet with longer life spans.

Possibly, I guess, but it’d be pretty lame for them to do that. I don’t even recall which female trooper you’re on about tbh. But with regards to your specific guess:

Spoiler

Iden is present and established as a senior and experienced operative when the second Death Star is destroyed, which is 4 years after the battle of Yavin shown in A New Hope, or “ABY” in the terminology the official timeline uses.

Order 66 happened 19 years before the battle of Yavin (BBY). 

So I guess whilst technically it would be possible, Iden would have to be in her 40s by the time the Battlefront 2 single player takes place.

I dunno. It might be her, it might be some no name, throw away character or it might be a new character entirely. Guess we’ll have to wait and see! 

The whole point of Battlefront 2 is that the imperial soldiers in your squad have grown up with the Empire and only realise throughout the course of the game that they are the bad guys. 

She did look a lot like Iden Versio though. 

10 minutes ago, Pob said:

The whole point of Battlefront 2 is that the imperial soldiers in your squad have grown up with the Empire and only realise throughout the course of the game that they are the bad guys. 

She did look a lot like Iden Versio though. 

Think we see the Kamino Uprising from Battlefront, its why I feel like the Bad Batch was designed for besides being a bunch of badasses.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kamino_uprising

Another good episode and Filoni is starting to tie things together it seems

Theory

Spoiler

So who thinks Omega is the Kaminoans first atempt at making a force sensitive Clone from Jangos template?

It’s great that they have a unified cast across all these different series, but the character model for Fennic Shand looked absolutely bugger all like Ming-na Wen. The chronology is really confusing as well, given that she is in this (Clone wars have just ended) and in the Mandalorian (the galactic civil war has just ended)... she must have been both very young in this and very old in the Mandalorian I guess?

It’s only about 25 years between the end of the clone wars and the end of the galactic civil war isn’t it? The actress who plays her is 57 so assuming the character is the same age so 30 ish in Bad Batch?

8 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

Another good episode and Filoni is starting to tie things together it seems

Theory

Hide contents

So who thinks Omega is the Kaminoans first atempt at making a force sensitive Clone from Jangos template?

Spoiler

I was thinking that she’s the last of Palp’s clones

This show is in danger of retreading The Mandalorian. The setup is so similar, they even reused a bounty hunter this week!

Still loved it though. 

On 22/05/2021 at 00:40, Welrain said:

It’s only about 25 years between the end of the clone wars and the end of the galactic civil war isn’t it? The actress who plays her is 57 so assuming the character is the same age so 30 ish in Bad Batch?

Yeah I always fail to account for the short gap between wars, considering Obi-Wans exposition in the first movie. Still, I figure she’d need to look about as old as Alec Guinness did in Star Wars. It’s well trodden ground to talk about how the timing doesn’t make a lot of sense.

2 hours ago, Welrain said:

Yeah, particularly around the state of Owen and Beru. That’s a hard 25 years.

Moisture farming.  On a desert planet.  With two suns.  While raising the son of an arch war criminal.  A magic wizard boy who is basically a genetic sociopath ticking time bomb.  A boy who is bound to be looked for, the possible (and actual) result of him being discovered in your possession is a firey death.

You give that a go for two and a half decades and see how good you look on it.  :)

On 21/05/2021 at 16:40, Welrain said:

Amazingly it’s 26 years since the Street Fighter the movie so Fennic Shand should look like this. 

931227C8-5F23-48D1-8421-E453D25936A1.jpeg