2 hours ago, wev said:

I said it in the Disney+ thread but Mulligan/Madison is by far the best rapper in this, with Lafayette/Jefferson being the most fun to watch, the way those two bouncd off each other is also excellent.

I loved this guys reaction to Mulligan

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

I loved this guys reaction to Mulligan

That's pretty funny.

I'm gonna lower the tone a bit, and I fully expect to get begged, but the supporting actress with her hair combed forward is pretty hot

9 minutes ago, Made of Ghosts said:

Miranda is definitely one of the weaker singers in the cast. I'm not mad at him giving himself the lead role though. He's incredibly charismatic. And you wouldn't want him to throw away his shot after all.

Hardly throwing away his shot when he's written the best stage show in 10 years. But I do get it, and he's certainly earned it. Finished this today and its fucking amazing

I’ve watched this 3 times now.

This is by far the best thing I’ve seen this year.

More songs resonate more the more time I view it. This thing is 2 and a half hours long, it’s not many things I rewatch in such a short span of time that run at that length.  

its quiet uptown and who lives, who dies, who tells our story.

Just breaks me emotionally. Im not one who gets emotional about things often but when it tugs my heartstrings just right. It weeps me right up.

It really is something incredible. I've been to see a lot of theatre and always kinda considered it a poor mans films, and a relic of a bygone era that we were still paying lip service to. But this is genuinely utterly fucking amazing.

1 hour ago, Zero9X said:

I’ve watched this 3 times now.

This is by far the best thing I’ve seen this year.

More songs resonate more the more time I view it. This thing is 2 and a half hours long, it’s not many things I rewatch in such a short span of time that run at that length.  

its quiet uptown and who lives, who dies, who tells our story.

Just breaks me emotionally. Im not one who gets emotional about things often but when it tugs my heartstrings just right. It weeps me right up.

It's always Satisfied that gets me

On 16/07/2020 at 09:13, Harsin said:

He’s obviously an absolutely incredible composer and lyricist, but I’ve found him lacking as performer in everything I’ve seen him in. He’s basically Andrew Lloyd-Webber if he insisted on being the Phantom of the Opera. Mind you he’d probably have still done a better job of it than Gerard Butler.

He’s probably the only member of any of the stage productions who’ll get instacast in the inevitable feature film version.

He’s only got a cameo in In The Heights.

Rewatched this last night and by the time who lives who dies who tells your story came on I was in floods of tears, again.

I think one of the things that reveals just how good it is is that every time I see it a different song or two stands out - this time it was Wait For It. The performance on the recording is so much better than the one on the soundtrack album too.

On 17/07/2020 at 17:21, wev said:

I'm gonna lower the tone a bit, and I fully expect to get begged, but the supporting actress with her hair combed forward is pretty hot

Don't get on the wrong side of The Bullet:

I'm probably not the audience for this, as I'm not a musicals kinda guy and the American deifying of 'the Founding Fathers' makes my skin crawl, but I got to the intermission the other night and came to the conclusion its just one of those things I don't get. Because for all that I could see it was a bit different to do a less 'showtunes' style musical, it was a bit crap.

But evidently so many other people rate it that I just have to hold my hands up and say it's not for me clearly.

Stig I think you listen to POST Wrestling, right? Braden and Nate Milton reviewed Hamilton on the upNXT feed a few weeks ago, well worth a listen. They made me laugh so much talking about Hercules being the most unlikely spy tailor imaginable.

I wonder if the success of this on Disney+ will lead to more pressure than usual to keep members of the original cast. I have no desire to see Will Smith as Jefferson or Beyoncé as a Schuyler sister.

Speaking of stars interpreting the material, I listened to the Hamilton Mixtape and every reimagining of a song was about a thousand times worse than the original, so overproduced so that all the fun punchy musical emphasis points/flourishes were lost and every female vocalist did that annoying thing where every other singer since the mid-90s started doing where they equate stretching out words as long as possible by going oooOOOoooOOOooo (I know there's a technical term for it but I can never remember), the original is blessedly free of that nonsense.

7 hours ago, Harsin said:

I wonder if the success of this on Disney+ will lead to more pressure than usual to keep members of the original cast. I have no desire to see Will Smith as Jefferson or Beyoncé as a Schuyler sister.

I’m not sure there’s a massive appetite for a film adaptation of a fully sung musical that’s just had a filmed release. Could be a pretty long time away.