IGNORED

TeknoParrot and Arcade Loaders for PC

dumpster

1 minute ago, StoooTube said:

I can’t say for definite, but most games have a patch file that’ll change the resolution for you. Check the Daytona folder for an ini file. 

I’ll check my folder later, is it the newest Daytona that can take a photo of the driver?

If you could look that would be much appreciated. 
I think so. When the game loads up the webcam turns on and I can see a video image of myself. 
I looked at several ini/config files, but none had the screen width and height. 
I even tried adding it but that didn’t work either. 

17 minutes ago, bignige said:

If you could look that would be much appreciated. 
I think so. When the game loads up the webcam turns on and I can see a video image of myself. 
I looked at several ini/config files, but none had the screen width and height. 
I even tried adding it but that didn’t work either. 

In the Gamedata folder there’s a config.ini file where you can enable FullHD and Fullscreen.
Also, in the Shell folder, there’s a game.ini file where you can manually set your resolution width and height. I don’t know if this overrides the other file settings, but have a fiddle.

On 01/05/2021 at 10:09, StoooTube said:

In the Gamedata folder there’s a config.ini file where you can enable FullHD and Fullscreen.
Also, in the Shell folder, there’s a game.ini file where you can manually set your resolution width and height. I don’t know if this overrides the other file settings, but have a fiddle.

Game ini file was set to min 960. Changed it up to 1920 for min and max and it’s working fine. Anything over that res and it doesn’t like it. 

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated. 

22 hours ago, StoooTube said:

I set up Star Wars Battle Pod earlier, with the widescreen fix. It’s pretty fucking awesome and plays well with an Xbox controller. 

It's quite incredible how these games that are written to work in elaborate cabinets and not designed for the home work so well on a standard controller. 

Like Outrun 2 handles much the same as the official conversion despite you running code that was only ever written for a steering wheel.

I wondered if the input/output is somehow adapted in the emulator code on a game by game basis? 

2 hours ago, dumpster said:

I wondered if the input/output is somehow adapted in the emulator code on a game by game basis? 

No, because Sega Racing Classic and Daytona 3 handle like an absolute shit-show on TP. Sega Rally 3 seems ok, though.

And remember - it's not an emulator - it's just a front end for arcade games that ran on Windows PCs, essentially.

• 1 month later...

I've got Outrun 2 working in Teknoparrot in windowed mode, but when I try to run it in fullscreen it refuses to load up.  Anyone know what could be the issue? I patched the game to 1080p which is my laptop monitor resolution. I'm a bit stumped as to what to do next...

On 03/05/2021 at 22:12, dumpster said:

It's quite incredible how these games that are written to work in elaborate cabinets and not designed for the home work so well on a standard controller. 

Like Outrun 2 handles much the same as the official conversion despite you running code that was only ever written for a steering wheel.

I wonder if while in development it was easier for the Devs to use joypads and the code is just detecting you have a joypad connected. Hrm maybe not.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/06/2021 at 22:50, phresh said:

Could be your graphics card/drived maybe. Can you try one of those 'Borderless Windowed' apps to see if that will fullscreen it?

Yeah this worked for me in the end, totally forgot that you could play games borderless. Amazing to play the arcade game at home!

48 minutes ago, AceGrace said:

What spec PC are you running that on?

Ryzen 5 3600 and an RTX 3070.

I believe the arcade machine runs a gtx1060, although I can’t remember where I read that?! So anything higher should be fine.

Edit: apparently the arcade units run a GTX1070 and an i5-6500

• 1 month later...

Very late to the party but with a little help from dumpster I’ve started poking about with this. I’m not a PC gamer at all, never bought a PC for anything other than internet, photoshop and media storage so was only using onboard (intel) graphics. I didn’t have much expectation but if I could get Outrun 2 and After Burner Climax running that would be the stuff of dreams. I bought a very cheap 5 year old nvidia graphics card to get over that first hurdle of my monitor just displaying ‘out of range’ when the games launch.

I got them both running! Not exactly playable though. Outrun 2 would only run in windowed mode as someone else discovered, but I got around that by running a resolution patcher. I played it all the way through but there’s a noticeable amount of slowdown and the music skips (especially at the goal/credits). I guess my PC is just too creaky. It’s still great to play but not perfect.

After Burner runs, and I can hook up my HOTAS in Teknoparrot and see that every input works, but as soon as the game starts *none* of the inputs work (except maybe the start button). I just get to watch my plane fly straight forward and get shot down. I tried using the DS4 that worked in Outrun but it does the same thing. This is extremely disappointing as I eventually had to quit playing ABC with a controller due to the damage I was doing to my hand, and I thought if I could get back into it with a stick all those problems would disappear. I found some discussion about control problems but nothing that matches my issue and no obvious solution.

Still, one day…

I was faffing around with it again last night. The odd thing I have discovered is that all the flight stick controls *do* work in After Burner (with the exception of the throttle which only goes up, not down) for the first 15-20 seconds. Previously it took me about that long to select the plane, start the game etc so it seemed like I couldn’t control it at all. But If I rush through everything from the moment it loads I get a good few seconds of gameplay before it freezes up. All the controls lock on the last active input, nothing else works except the escape key to quit the game. Nobody else encountered this?

However, I also discovered I am a bigger idiot than I previously thought. I have been trying it with the Thrustmaster flight stick, so I decided to try my Hori. After getting it out of the cupboard I remembered it has a toggle switch for PS3/PS4 (I only ever used it on PS4 for AC7). Hooked up my PS3 to try it out and would you believe it, it works in After Burner Climax. FFS, I could have been using it all this time?!?

So the PS3 is back under the telly. 

You will probably need to remap the controls - at first it seems like the thrust buttons are locked in but you can switch to control set B to free them up. The HORI stick was very flexible because it let me reassign the thrust on the hardware as well so I’ve got it just right for me. Just need to adapt to the new control method.

• 4 months later...

House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn has now been dumped. 

Originally it was only working with Teknoparrot for those who have a patreon key. However, it can be run without TK at all. I had some trouble with the controls but finally got it working. Works well too, and looks very crisp. 

10 hours ago, Goose said:

House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn has now been dumped. 

Originally it was only working with Teknoparrot for those who have a patreon key. However, it can be run without TK at all. I had some trouble with the controls but finally got it working. Works well too, and looks very crisp. 

Recently I’ve been messing about running emulators through Virtual Desktop in VR… the Oculus controller works as a mouse pointer, so it’s effectively like playing Virtua Cop on a huge screen with a Wiimote.

Not the same as using a proper gun, but with a bit of tweaking it could be awesome.

I’ll have to try this new HotD!

• 1 month later...
On 16/01/2022 at 10:52, PikaStu said:

Recently I’ve been messing about running emulators through Virtual Desktop in VR… the Oculus controller works as a mouse pointer, so it’s effectively like playing Virtua Cop on a huge screen with a Wiimote.

Not the same as using a proper gun, but with a bit of tweaking it could be awesome.

I’ll have to try this new HotD!

I’ve been playing around with EmuVr to get various light gun games working.  Cannot get some to run but those that do work well like duck hunt, point blank and time crisis.

• 6 months later...

Only stumbled across teknoparrot yesterday while trying to find a working mame 2015 core.    Blown away by how well it works esp with more modern arcade stuff. Star Wars battle pod, sega rally 3 etc.. all work great. 

reading the above post about virtual desktop and quest 2 and was wondering if you could use the oculus controllers like light guns for teknoparrot games @dumpster I know you’ve tried with other emulated hun games via virtual desktop 

1 hour ago, papalazarou said:

Only stumbled across teknoparrot yesterday while trying to find a working mame 2015 core.    Blown away by how well it works esp with more modern arcade stuff. Star Wars battle pod, sega rally 3 etc.. all work great. 

reading the above post about virtual desktop and quest 2 and was wondering if you could use the oculus controllers like light guns for teknoparrot games @dumpster I know you’ve tried with other emulated hun games via virtual desktop 

I deleted the whole TeknoParrot directory on my old PC, but when you use airlink with the quest your Oculus controller works as a PC mouse. You might have to remap the fire button to the quest controller but for aiming etc you'd be fine. 

I'll bet you could use Bigscreen Remote desktop to play cinema size Virtua Cop with 14 other people watching you play.

2 hours ago, dumpster said:

I'll bet you could use Bigscreen Remote desktop to play cinema size Virtua Cop with 14 other people watching you play.

Virtual desktop worked perfectly tried alien extermination and worked great with touch controller As gun