IGNORED

Fall Guys

Lying Cat

I really wanted to like this but I might have to accept that this isn't for me. Played a couple of games with my friend last night before the network crapped out, in the second we got quite far and I enjoyed it. Played it again this afternoon and I haven't been so frustrated with a game for ages. I've worked out that I hate the races with a passion, mainly because the jumping is just terrible. I will give it another go with other people though as the other mini games seemed a lot more fun. Hopefully I'll get used to it eventually .

I tried to play Control today and my aim was all over the shop, having played non-invert on Fall Guys for most of the week. Not having the choice to invert Y is the most baffling decision in any game I've played this year. 

The game is great, though. 20 wins under my belt now. It's the first battle royale I've ever been good at. 

Won a two round game mainly because the first round was Slimb Climb, which so many people suck at. Most got eliminated so 'only' had to win Hex-A-Gone in the second round. :D

I still dislike team games, but this is still my GotY after TLoU Part II so far.

Pro strat I've just discovered on grab a tail finale - get the tail then get on the spinning wheel in the middle of the arena and get right on the outer edge and run in the same direction it's spinning.

I started with the tail, got on and started running - no-one could grab it off me even when I ran past them!

Yes, won another! First time playing the hex game finale and was pretty damn close but I managed to cut the other guy off and leave him stranded on his little loser island.

I then proceeded to get absolutely stomped the next 3 times I had hex as the finale, haha.

19 hours ago, AI1 said:

Pro strat I've just discovered on grab a tail finale - get the tail then get on the spinning wheel in the middle of the arena and get right on the outer edge and run in the same direction it's spinning.

I started with the tail, got on and started running - no-one could grab it off me even when I ran past them!

This worked again last night.

Another tip for egg scramble, jump into the losing teams corner and grab an egg, jump up and throw it out, repeat, repeat, repeat. Don't worry about scoring points or running around. I emptied out the blue teams corner completely yesterday as they were so busy fighting over golden eggs they didn't even notice. :lol:

I do find the invert issue disconcerting. It takes me a few minutes to adjust for sure.

I'm not sure I agree it's overly luck-based though. Like, obviously it's luck-assisted, but there's a fair amount of skill involved. It's bouncy and loose, but not random.

Sure, the win requires luck and skill and timing, but that's presumably true of every Royale-style game.

Most of the luck comes from the team games imo. They involve skill as well but if you're unlucky and your team mates act like headless chicken or your team has less players, you're fucked. Most of them aren't fun either. The egg one is particularly shite. The football one is fun though.

But courses like Slimb Climb and Fall Mountain is where the game really shines and there is a hefty amount of skill involved for those.

I can't get in a game whatsoever. Even reinstalled it and still not working. Had 3 games in around 100 attempts. 

Sucks as I enjoyed those 3 games. Maybe I will try again in a month's time. 

1 hour ago, Vemsie said:

Most of the luck comes from the team games imo. They involve skill as well but if you're unlucky and your team mates act like headless chicken or your team has less players, you're fucked. Most of them aren't fun either. The egg one is particularly shite. The football one is fun though.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the team ones, I do have to agree. I like the one that's a bit like Rocket League the most (Fall Ball?) too, but agree that those rounds leave you too open to chance.

But it breaks it up a little. Apart from the memory game one, I like all the other rounds.

I guess it works a bit like Mario Kart online, where the other player's position on screen is an occasionally-updated approximation?

I'm enjoying it; it's like a Gang Beasts obstacle course. Very gaudy Simpsons palette too, alongside the threat of death by Ghostbusters II Pepto Bismol which I appreciate. Disappointed it doesn't have split-screen; my wife and I have to take turns swearing at the telly for now instead of hollering in unison.

I’ve grown to like most of the team games. For the most part I feel like you as an individual can have an impact on the outcome. Yes sometimes you lose even if you think you’ve played well but I’m getting through most of them. Not to say it isn’t occasionally a bit frustrating.

I’m so so happy when Fall Ball crops up now (which I find it does a lot when you’ve got 8-12 remaining players). I think it’s at its best in 4v4 because there’s more space.

And I’m happy to say servers have Been rock solid for me for almost the whole weekend. Their troubled downtime was worth it for me in the end.