10 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

I've been all 3, so it truly is random.

Hold on ... Green? Don't think I've ever even seen it! Are you sure that's a possibility?

Yes. Team tail grab has (or can have) four teams and the fourth is green.

• Upvote 1

I expected it to be more physicsy like Gang Beasts or Human Fall Flat, guessing that would massively affect the fairness, although I did accidentally get ragdolled across multiple platforms on the whirleygig level.

Similarly the R2 grab seems to only be used for very specific functions, it doesn't work everywhere.

gate crash is a bastard. by the time you recover, because fell over, the door has opened and is closing again, and any other door is doing the same by the time you get there

see-saws is great

the rings one, is good

I got my first place in Door Dash

Spoiler

but the game crashed while I was uploading the replay...

fall ball though. It's like a less controllable rocket league. Is pushing the ball best?

My sole triumph was winning the slime climb round, having been eliminated in every other attempt. Then I lost in the 1v1 tail-grabbing finale as the R2 mechanics are shonky as all fuck.

It would be more enjoyable if the controls were tightened up, and I got more variety and less shite team games from the random draw each round.

Feels like after a couple of nights the novelty has definitely worn off, and I’m pretty much done with it.

• Upvote 1

Played for a couple of hours last night and think I only had one network fail. Seemed much more solid.

My first win must be getting close... made it to a bunch of finals and got close a handful of times but never quite strong enough to win.

@SeanR

Diving headers (jump and dive) are where all my goals come from.

Also, when there’s a ‘push your team’s ball to the end’ round, I’m the kind of asshole fall guy who heads off to block the other teams’ balls instead. It’s much more satisfying.

If there’s no keeper in the rocket league rip-off, you can time a jump and dive from the initial ball drop to get it straight in the net. I just wait in the centre for a ball to drop rather than running around!

In the football one I simply run around grabbing the opposition rather than trying to push the ball most of the time.

1 hour ago, DC Lemon said:

Also, when there’s a ‘push your team’s ball to the end’ round, I’m the kind of asshole fall guy who heads off to block the other teams’ balls instead. It’s much more satisfying.

I do this but only once we're basically at the end. Fewer players pushing the ball seems to slow you down and there's nothing to do at the end until the others get there anyway.

I wish in the football one that the goal area either sloped upwards or not at all instead of down so that there was more effort involved in getting it actually in the goal. A well timed header at the start can quite often result in a goal and our poor little fall guys don't have rocket league boosts so are just left chasing after the ball with no hope whatsoever of stopping it.

• Upvote 1

I let the boy have a go, he got dizzy heights for his first game, managed 18th. See Saws for his second, that was closer, near last to qualify.

his last round was fall mountain, but with fruit? failed that.

7 minutes ago, SeanR said:

does anyone understand Jinxed?

One player on each team starts with the lurgy. They run around and grab players on the other team. Once grabbed that person also has the lurgy.

First team to all have the lurgy gets eliminated.

Right?

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, spork said:

One player on each team starts with the lurgy. They run around and grab players on the other team. Once grabbed that person also has the lurgy.

First team to all have the lurgy gets eliminated.

Right?

that makes more sense. unfortunately I wasn't the one playing...

I find the camera is at its worst in that game. I want to hide in a corner but the camera just can’t cope. It’s a bit of a nightmare in the tail game, too. Hopefully they can make some improvements.

36 minutes ago, klargon said:

I find the camera is at its worst in that game. I want to hide in a corner but the camera just can’t cope. It’s a bit of a nightmare in the tail game, too. Hopefully they can make some improvements.

I tried swapping jump to a shoulder button in the accessibility settings which was very useful ingame for keeping camera control at all times but did mean I bought something in the shop when I tried to R1 through the menus :facepalm:

What's everyone's crown count at? 19 here and about 57,000 moon bucks. Haven't bought anything from the store yet. Rockin' the level 28 chicken outfit also.

Just bought this on Steam. Managed a few goes although takes ages to get enough players. I'm absolutely hopeless, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but despite running forwards at full speed everyone is about 50 feet in front pretty quickly. Finding it's better with a controller, using the mouse for camera makes me feel sick and I can't follow the action. I did shout cunt when some prick pushed me off a narrow platform though so I guess it's doing something right. Hopefully I'll not get eliminated otherwise this will go down to experience pretty quickly.

2nd and 3rd wins tonight and hit level 19.

First win of the night was a Fall Mountain crown grab off the back of a pretty bad run. Love it when others screw it up ahead of you. I did not deserve it from the amount I got knocked over.

An a round victory snatched from a losing round in Hoarders. My red team was on 0-2 balls throughout. Blues had up to 6 at one point! At 2 seconds to go we have no balls!. Somehow get to overtime and knock the blues out!

Also won a sea saw round my a country mile. That moment when you spawn in and are front and centre, ready to rock. So much easier from there.

• Upvote 1