1 hour ago, wev said:

It needs a push button so you can be a proper arsehole

Yeah, the grab doesn't really do much to opponents if you catch them with it. If the grab plus a flick of the right stick shoved them in that direction, it'd be ace. Pushing people into fruit, off bridges, over cliffs...perfection. 

27 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Yeah, the grab doesn't really do much to opponents if you catch them with it. If the grab plus a flick of the right stick shoved them in that direction, it'd be ace. Pushing people into fruit, off bridges, over cliffs...perfection. 

I like to grab them just as they are about to jump over a gap which often causes them to just drop off the edge :eyebrows:

• Upvote 2
32 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I see where people are coming from on this but I think grab is probably as much griefing as it needs. The less controls the simpler and ensure that more people can stay engaged in it.

I agree. The grab is fine for the team tasks. I had a good round on the egg grab game by running interference. Then had an annoying football match where the teams were uneven and we got spanked. Managed 2nd once so far. 8 year old regularly gets a couple of rounds in too. 

I’ve managed a third spot and NEARLY won a final where you grab the crown, then fucked it up under pressure and missed. 

I am shit at online games in general, this is nice in that it appears that everyone’s shit at it :)

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

This makes me wish they would bring 1 vs 100 back, I used to love that on the 360. Probably the first battle royal game. 

I loved that one! Even got to be "The one" in one game, but messed it up by pressing the wrong button halfway through.

I keep making the final*, but have yet to win one. The final round where 1 starts with the tail seems a bit unfair, if you start with it you're basically massively advantaged over everyone else who keep knocking each other over.

Grab can definitely work. I grabbed a player in front of me, and pulled him behind me. He then immediately fell off the edge, probably because his jump was so messed up.

*Apart from any time Slime Climb appears, that is. I've yet to see that finish line, let alone cross it!

5 minutes ago, spanx said:

Fucking Slime Climb!!! Not even got close to the top - no idea how to get through the bit with the shovers. Grrrrr

I've failed on the second set of shovers every time I've got here. I will get through it one day!

I wish that once you crossed the finish line it just allowed you to spectate from up above. I want to watch all of the chaos at once!

I second the opinions that the memory game is far too easy but a push button could make it WAAAY more fun. My main hope though is that they start adding some randomisation into some of the levels. Having each stage be the same layout seems like a missed opportunity when they look like they're made out of set segments although I've only played a couple of games so maybe this does actually happens and I just haven't noticed yet.

See saw has one horrible bit you can get stuck on for ages with the ramps too steep to jump onto.

A couple of levels have sticking points that can be frustrating. One with the big spinning purple logs can get you in a cycle of being whacked then you can’t recover before getting whacked again, repeats for ages

2 hours ago, spanx said:

Fucking Slime Climb!!! Not even got close to the top - no idea how to get through the bit with the shovers. Grrrrr

I actually won this one. Play it patiently.

The Slime Climb pushers alternate at different speeds, so initially the timing is pretty much impossible to get past. Wait a few cycles and you'll be golden.

• Upvote 1

I'm getting to Round 4 or 5 pretty much constantly now - unless a team game throws a spanner in the works. Have 12 (I think) crowns now and have nearly unlocked the chicken suit (Level 28 I think?)

Not bored yet. If the developer keeps adding new stuff, this should run and run. Fantastic PS+ freebie.

First win get. Crown falls, there were about 4 people in front of me up the final slope. First two jumped as they arrived but it was too high and missed. Second two failed to grab! I will not complain!

1 hour ago, Uncle Mike said:

I've decided on the team ones I'm going to play more or less in goal, like I do on Rocket League. Seems to work OK.

Might be a good idea, as, just like in Rocket League, nobody else ever seems to do that!