rllmuk

This is great fun and very moreish. Only downside is the occasional disconnects; came second and the game then froze meaning I didn't get all the XP. Harumph. 

They are going to make a packet on cosmetics. 

The servers are definitely struggling.

1st game. 57/60. Wait, wait, everyone starts leaving

2nd game. 60/60. I get to the final round, lose, get nothing because it can't talk to the rewards server. Game says "Don't worry. You'll get them next time you connect"

3rd game "Can't connect to server"

It's a shame. I had fun.

This is great however the servers seem to be getting hammered - constant disconnects an loading screens at the moment.

The populating numbers seem to pretty much collapse once one person leaves from the looks of it - number i've seen so far go down from 50+ to under 15 within a minute has been crazy

I've been busting to play hex - looks manic fun

I got to the final once and just missed the crown on my leap.

Playing it with the daughter and watching her break down into mighty rage during rounds is more entertaining than the game itself

50 minutes ago, AI1 said:

Am I waiting for 60/60? If so, I've tried waiting 5 times now and the number keeps falling towards 0. Not a great start.

Edit: Finally 60/60!

Edit 2: Came 3rd in the first round, then got a connection error and been booted out and now stuck on a loading screen. Good stuff.

Edit 3: Back to waiting in a lobby again.

Edit 4: Connection errors and server time outs constantly. Might need a few days to settle down?

Yeah there's definitely teething problems on the match making, and the algorithm. Either I get in instantly or it starts at around 57/60 and then slowly drops down to around 10 and then creeps ever closer to 1. I've never seen it increase unless it was from 59 to 60.

I really hope they get on top of these server issues.

Just jumped on for a quick play whilst some software builds at work. After a few failed connections I get a game and out in the second round. One more go!!!! Oh, after 10 attempts give up because servers are screwed.

I know it's day one. I get it scaling is hard. But christ we're years into online only games handling lots of players and still no-one seems to be able to get this stuff right. It's not that I even need it to be fast, just not collapsing. We have web sites and databases handling millions of users and requests per second this isn't new tech.

Toys. Pram. I'll go back to doing some work I guess.

• Empathy 1
Just now, thesnwmn said:

I really hope they get on top of these server issues.

Just jumped on for a quick play whilst some software builds at work. After a few failed connections I get a game and out in the second round. One more go!!!! Oh, after 10 attempts give up because servers are screwed.

I know it's day one. I get it scaling is hard. But christ we're years into online only games handling lots of players and still no-one seems to be able to get this stuff right. It's not that I even need it to be fast, just not collapsing. We have web sites and databases handling millions of users and requests per second this isn't new tech.

Toys. Pram. I'll go back to doing some work I guess.

This happened with Rocket League, it's completely normal when a game is more popular than expected. It'll be sorted.

Still deed for me. How do companies still massively underestimate demand - especially when the pent-up hype for some feel-good slapstick is so fucking obvious to everyone else. If it wasn't 'free' on PS+ maybe I could understand, but come on.

Just now, Timmo said:

This happened with Rocket League, it's completely normal when a game is more popular than expected. It'll be sorted.

Oh I know. I've done the days of horrendous WoW expansions and similar. It's just the frustration of massive hype that gets a little crippled on day one (I've played 4 games and really want to play more).

Just now, jonamok said:

Still deed for me. How do companies still massively underestimate demand - especially when the hype for some feel-good slapstick is so fucking obvious to everyone else.

I understand how they underestimate (fear of spending too much). I *hope* these days that the only reason for limits is some expenditure cap they put on their Azure/Google/Amazon cloud instances. They should just go in, up the cap, and yay, more capacity that automatically scales to user demand.

4 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

Actually,  is there any way to link your PC and PS accounts? I'd like to be able to play on either interchangably.

nah. Crossplay might be coming though some point.

Played two games. Came second in the second one but got disconnected from both games so no exp at all :(

Really enjoyed what I played though. I'll give at a proper go later tonight and hopefully they'll iron out the server issues.

Fall Guys: Ultimate Lockout

One day, somebody will release a game that can be played on launch day. Today, sadly, isn't that day. I can't understand how they didn't see this coming, when it happened in literally every beta session I tried to join. I managed to play once during beta, and now can't even get to the login screen.

At least earlier I could get to look at my character, and could even have bought some Kudos. Now? Check my connection, when it is clearly not at my end. It's such a shame, because this game has a window right now in which it could become massive.