IGNORED

Fall Guys

Lying Cat

Just now, thesnwmn said:

I get that it's annoying but I always wonder how people think the second economics of something like that work. It cannot have been selling many copies over the second year of its life and yet servers and new content are being created. Reading the Reddit is hilarious with so many entitled gamers. Yes, you paid for a thing and it's gone in some way. But the game still exists. If you actually enjoyed playing then nothing has changed.

But i completely agree crowns should have converted to show bucks instead of kudos. Very little out of pocket for them and a simple way to keep good will.

Completely agree with this. I get they need to make money, and it's all good going forward. But its that conversion that annoyed me. Ah well, never mind. There will be loads of people playing this now so it will be a lively community for a while at least, and if people drop real money on it the same way they do on Fortnite, we will keep seeing lots of updates.

I didn't mean to come across as "entitled gamer" I just think they could have handled this better. I think they only announced the currency changes 6 days ago, if they had done it earlier, people could have spent those crowns. 

Well this was a dumpster fire last night. Streamed it but only managed to get a handful of games in - turning off crossplay did help but not great when this game is specifically advertising crossplay capability. I thought with Epic being behind it that we wouldn't have the same issues that plagued it's launch back in 2020.

Anyway, after mastering the OG levels I feel completly out of my depth on this update. So many new levels - better get practicing again.

22 minutes ago, deKay said:

Disappointing my PS4 version progress doesn’t carry over to the Switch.

If you link to you Epic account it should do. My old progress from PC is on Switch and Xbox 

1 hour ago, thesnwmn said:

If you link to you Epic account it should do. My old progress from PC is on Switch and Xbox 

It is linked. 

32 minutes ago, SeanR said:

It’s fucked

I mean it is but what is the actual point of that Tweet? Please include a list of steps being performed so they can maybe fix it 🙂

4 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

I mean it is but what is the actual point of that Tweet? Please include a list of steps being performed so they can maybe fix it 🙂

I downloaded the game.

i started the game.

my epic and ninty accounts were already linked.

it’s been “loading” for nearly an hour.

with a combination of button presses:

LB, Y, I can get this:

image.thumb.jpg.27f00f8827ee8b0bfb18e009bea321f3.jpg

does it only work in docked mode or something?

How’s everyone else getting on with it?

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

I downloaded the game.

i started the game.

my epic and ninty accounts were already linked.

it’s been “loading” for nearly an hour.

with a combination of button presses:

LB, Y, I can get this:

image.thumb.jpg.27f00f8827ee8b0bfb18e009bea321f3.jpg

does it only work in docked mode or something?

How’s everyone else getting on with it?

I played a game on Switch handheld on the morning of release. No issues at all (other than some frame rate issues).

Same on Xbox Series the evening of release other than a few server issues. Once I switched region to Australia for that evening it was easy to get a game. A few minor hiccups but nothing major.

Today from the Steam (whilst the Epic one was downloading) and Epic versions of the game it's been pretty solid.

23 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

I get that it's annoying but I always wonder how people think the second economics of something like that work. It cannot have been selling many copies over the second year of its life and yet servers and new content are being created. Reading the Reddit is hilarious with so many entitled gamers. Yes, you paid for a thing and it's gone in some way. But the game still exists. If you actually enjoyed playing then nothing has changed..

I completely agree with you that the economics of modern online multiplayer games are terrible, exploitative and basically preclude modern online games from being worthwhile playing beyond the short-term. It’s a real shame.

It’s another thing popularised by Valve that they need to answer for. They even pioneered the paid-for-to-F2P bait-and-switch.

13 hours ago, deKay said:

Disappointing my PS4 version progress doesn’t carry over to the Switch.

It should do, mine did when I grabbed it on Swotch, might be related to the server issues they are having. I've got all my progress and outfits on my Switch version

A guy I work with brought his switch into work yesterday so we could do some lunchtime rounds. He'd previously played a lot on the P4 version (Free with PS+ at some point). He logged in with his Switch (Account linked properly) and none of his unlocks carried over. He checked on his PS5 when he got home and everything he'd earned is gone.

Also we couldn't team up on the lunchbreak anyway. He'd accept an invite but it wouldn't join my squad. He couldn't even invite me. I could only invite him. Was proper borked.

28 minutes ago, Flub said:

A guy I work with brought his switch into work yesterday so we could do some lunchtime rounds. He'd previously played a lot on the P4 version (Free with PS+ at some point). He logged in with his Switch (Account linked properly) and none of his unlocks carried over. He checked on his PS5 when he got home and everything he'd earned is gone.

He needed to have logged into the PS4 version first (assuming he hadn't played since the Epic takeover). Whichever one you first link your Epic account to becomes your "master" version. So sadly he has lost all his unlocks now I think. He might want to give the Epic helpdesk a call though, they've been quite helpful for me in the past with problems like this.

I realised this last week and had to get a friend with PS+ to log into my old Fall Guys account on his PS5 in order to link everything up for me.

2 hours ago, Flub said:

Also we couldn't team up on the lunchbreak anyway. He'd accept an invite but it wouldn't join my squad. He couldn't even invite me. I could only invite him. Was proper borked.

Yeah, unfortunately he needed to have loaded up the PS4 version first in order for the new 'launcher' to recognise his progress. I assumed I would have to log into my Epic account as it was a new version but I didn't, so I assume there's some kind of linkup somewhere in the chain.

I don't know if you can just load up the PS5 version first if you were previously on PS4, but I wasn't taking any chances. I downloaded both launchers available on my PS5 (PS4 and PS5 versions), loaded up PS4, then PS5, then Switch. Everything was accessible correctly. What was a bit weird was that I didn't have to log into my Epic account at any point, so I'm not sure if Fall Guys can somehow read login details from other games like Fortnite and Rocket League. It was all very smooth.

The one thing Fall Guys really needs to sort out is the loading between rounds, when exiting a game and when getting back in. You spend more time waiting than playing - it's a bit sad that in 2022 this is still happening with online games.

Also, I remember them talking about loads of variations possible for each individual game a while back. This is invisible to me - every type of game always seems exactly the same to me as the last time I played it. For example, the Whirlygig. Same layout, same obstacles! I think I played it 4 times last night, no differences.

13 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

amazingly, twitter’s algorithm thinks like you do:

F4874162-B395-46EE-9A9E-0BCABFB5E8C3.thumb.jpeg.c56fafcc6ad9b4c2a6b399991bef853f.jpeg

I’ve appealed, because fuck trying to silence dissenters. :coffee:

38 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

What was a bit weird was that I didn't have to log into my Epic account at any point, so I'm not sure if Fall Guys can somehow read login details from other games like Fortnite and Rocket League. It was all very smooth.

I think it's because behind the scenes logging into your Epic account from a Switch game actually links your Nintendo account to the Epic account. So all future Epic account backed games just work.

The one thing Fall Guys really needs to sort out is the loading between rounds, when exiting a game and when getting back in. You spend more time waiting than playing - it's a bit sad that in 2022 this is still happening with online games.

Agree. The matchmaking speed is surprising, especially now it must be sharing this stuff with Fortnite right? In fact you'd think that other than some graphics everything other than the actual gameplay should just be some generic "Epic F2P Battle Pass Game" launcher by now. Switch in different people and names for things and it's the same.

And so many extra button presses. Rewards could be shown as an overlay in one corner whilst I requeue. Or requeue straight from the result screen. And give me an option to be auto kicked once I'm eliminated.

Also, I remember them talking about loads of variations possible for each individual game a while back. This is invisible to me - every type of game always seems exactly the same to me as the last time I played it. For example, the Whirlygig. Same layout, same obstacles! I think I played it 4 times last night, no differences.

This is a shame. Just a little variety of the minor obstacles would be nice. I have seen Jump Club with both 1 and 3 low arms but that's it. There are also variations for the Squad versions of levels (often slightly harder). But just spin things the other way. Add a hammer or two.

7 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

He needed to have logged into the PS4 version first (assuming he hadn't played since the Epic takeover). Whichever one you first link your Epic account to becomes your "master" version. So sadly he has lost all his unlocks now I think. He might want to give the Epic helpdesk a call though, they've been quite helpful for me in the past with problems like this.

My PS4 (well, PS5 now) version has been linked to Epic for a while. I linked the Switch version this week. They both operate entirely independently for me - no progress has transferred in either direction.

9 minutes ago, deKay said:

My PS4 (well, PS5 now) version has been linked to Epic for a while. I linked the Switch version this week. They both operate entirely independently for me - no progress has transferred in either direction.

That's very strange.

My Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and Steam IDs are all linked to a single Epic ID on the Epic website.

I hadn't played Fall Guys since near launch.

I logged into my PS4 version last week, just long enough to accept the various dialogue boxes that it popped up.

Then when I logged into the game on my Xbox this week, all my progress was there and it gave me the first season pass for free. Basically (apart from day one server issues), everything has worked exactly as it should.

Are your various IDs definitely all connected to the same Epic account, on the Epic website? You needed to have done this before logging onto the Switch, otherwise it links that to a new "dummy" account.

I linked the PC version just now and it has my PS4 version progress. And yes, they're all on the same Epic account.

Did anyone go back to this? 

I've got it installed on the switch now and it's great fun for tethered games on journeys. 

It's still laggy as hell from server overload when the weeklies and challanges crossover but that don't bother me as it don't last long. 

Servers aside Epic really have got the "link all accounts together" down, was such a breeze connecting everything together.