I love seeing it come up. Pretty easy qualification once you get the hang of it because there’s no race against others, just the slime. So you can stop, let others go so you find space to avoid collisions that might knock you off things.

Same with roll out and block party, maybe jump club (and the dull as dishwater water perfect match) to an extent. You cannot really make a mistake but other than a grab from someone it’s a pass.

Had to turn off last night after about 10 games. Smashed the first 3 making finals easily but losing in the end (one very close crown grab). Then went out in teams games every time and had to stop before I smashed my controller.

Every game I'm playing at the moment crashes when I go out, meaning I have to close the game down and lose the accompanying XP. OK if you go out in the first round but I'm tending to get to the 4th round/Final. Harumph.

I think some levels have hidden timers that end the level if no one crosses the finish line for a certain period of time. I got eliminated on Slime Climb the same way.

I only played this briefly yesterday because my daughter texted me from her cousin house to say can I log in to collect a costume and some coins (no idea cosmetic rubbish I assume). I decided to have a few turns it's simple fun. I got knocked out the first round twice but made it to the 2nd round on my last attempt before I went back to watching Devs on BBC iplayer which is great by the way!

Crown tally went up from 25 to 31 tonight!

I got to the top of Fall Mountain on one finale and the crown wasn't moving up or down, so that one was an easy win!

Also won 17-1 in a football round after everyone bar one opposing player (rage?) quit the game. If you stand under the shadow of the ball as it's about to drop in and jump up before everyone else does, you'll score pretty much every time.

Hope they add more games soon.

On 13/08/2020 at 10:47, CheekyLee said:

While you're right, you're also wrong. For example, I find nothing more frustrating than falling for seemingly no reason mid-jump onto the seesaw which means I'm then tumbling down into the abyss. I would adore a tightly-controlled version that means only my skills determine where I finish.

Taking it to Mario, imagine a 50-player race across some of Sunshine's "Secret" levels? That could be virtual crack! While the chaos is unquestionably part of what makes Fall Guys such fun, I think there is definitely scope for a more ... I hesitate to use the word "serious" ... kind of game like this.

Yep. It's not the wibbly wobbly movement and animation that's the problem, it's the technical jank. I've popped through walls/floors/obstacles, the camera freaks out in enclosed spaces rather than just letting you zoom out enough. SMG solved this, why are the camera controls back in early PS2 platformer land? There is no consistency as to whether grabbing or mantling will work.

I don't think tighter controls would make it too focused on skill either, the design of most of the courses and the crowding means there will always be a healthy element of luck.

"....From Gang Beasts to sportsfriends to Starwhal to Mount Your Friends...." - Not sure if a game that needs to keep thousands of concurrent players coming back every day being put in the same bracket as fun-for-a-week novelty party games is quite what the devs need to hear.

That last bit with the list of games is from one of my posts, I think - the post is referring to the physics element that it shares with those games being a strong ingredient for multiplayer. Nothing more than that.

Finally made it to beyond halfway in Slime Climb!

I've now also come to the conclusion that there need to be more team games. Many more of them, actually. So many, in fact, they can all go into their own playlist so that I never get stuck with useless turds who have no concept of jumping through hoops ever again.