IGNORED

Fall Guys

Lying Cat

3 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

You're at such an advantage if you start at the front. On See Saw most of all.

Yes, but see saw takes people ages. You can fuck it up repeatedly and still get through easily. I think started from anything other than the front only really matters on Fall Mountain.

Oh ok then

I must have had the tail 4 times during that round, but the last time was the best time cos they all followed the wrong guy. One of the dangers of costumes with feather tails or something.

now lv14 with just TWO crowns...

7 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

Yes, but see saw takes people ages. You can fuck it up repeatedly and still get through easily. I think started from anything other than the front only really matters on Fall Mountain.

Sure, it's not hard to qualify but almost impossible to win if you don't start at the front, especially now that people are getting better. I guess this is the case for most courses though, but the swings make it especially hard to close any distance.

I've been playing this for about an hour and a half. It's compulsive, but I might really dislike it. It feels super cheap, spongey and inconsistent. And knowing that the badness is a gameplay feature doesn't help all that much.

It's utterly packed with jank and frustration. If someone jumps into me, I stack it. If I jump into them, I stack it. If someone else punts a ball miles and I try to do the same, I stack it.

That said, I keep coming back for some reason. I wish it had some kind of local MP mode, because then the bullshit could become personal schadenfreude against your friends, instead of the anonymous void it is now.

It looks pretty gorgeous, taking cues from both Sega and Nintendo really well. I'd like to see them tackle a more traditional minigame compilation.

Fall Guys was almost there for me, but not quite. It throws a lot of good things in the pot, like physics-based multiplayer hilarity and the enduring battle royale concept. But for whatever reason I only found it middling fun. Half of the games weren't enjoyable when they rolled around and you can't really play with your friends. There's nothing bad about it, just not for me. 

15 hours ago, SeanR said:

Oh ok then

I must have had the tail 4 times during that round, but the last time was the best time cos they all followed the wrong guy. One of the dangers of costumes with feather tails or something.

now lv14 with just TWO crowns...

That is some frightening play :lol:

1 minute ago, Darhkwing said:

I wonder why Jump Showdown was removed. Hopefully makes a appearance soon.

I must admit, after playing for 20 hours or so I am a little bored. This game is gonna live or die on how much it's updated.

Yeah, shame that's missing for some variety.

I feel like 60 day seasons might be a little long if that's the content update rate. Maybe in a few seasons when there are a load more games (there'd better be) they could do themed weeks or something just to try to keep people popping back.

I've hit level 34 now and been enjoying it. Last night the team games were kicking my ass (won 4 out of 11). Really frustrating to say the least. But then Sunday I was 18/25 and felt a lot better about it.

Seeing a lot more people complete Slime Climb now. I guess it's good but a shame as it used to cut the number of rounds a lot :lol:

I’ve qualified from 100 rounds. The hundredth was a jump party that I’d just been knocked off and was slime-bound when it ended. Which is nice.

I’ve only got two crowns. Which is bad.

And nearly 16000 coin things for the shop.

But I’m not spending them on costumes.

and I’ve still not completed a slime climb.

quite a lot of info in this reddit AMA from a few days ago, talk of variants to current level types and plans for new modes and publishing a roadmap.

I absolutely love this, it's just a breath of fresh also compared to a lot of other things and yet again shows that launching this time of year avoiding the Q4 rush can be a good move.

1 minute ago, Theholyhogg said:

Ive already played that a few times??

Jump Club has been in since the release. This is a version that can be the final knock out round to find the winner. The lower spinner has double ends and it keeps going until only one remains.

25 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

Just like everyone jumped on the PUBG/Fortnite bandwagon, I keep thinking this format could and should be the basis for the next Mario Kart.

Mario Kart Party. You know you want to, Nintendo.

You really want to be adding 60 friend codes so you can play a full match up? :eyebrows: