IGNORED

Far Cry 6 - Island Fring

Harsin

26 minutes ago, Oz said:

Is this good? I am really keen on buying another game before continuing to play hades. 

If the option is this or Hades then Hades definitely. I'm not even off the first island and it feels like I've played and seen it all before.

3 hours ago, jonamok said:

Only just read that this has a cockfighting mini game in it. Sanitised and played for laughs or not, that’s very fucking classy.

Im almost impressed that they thought it was cool in the first place. :lol:

Does this one have anything along the lines of the hidden bunker stuff that FC5 had? 

I fucking loved finding those underground stashes, proper The Road vibe off those, even if they did happen to be in a sun drenched vegetable garden 9 times out of 10.

There is so much starting to open up now, my head is starting to spin! 

shame there is no FOV slider on the series x. It all seems a bit close. Also I also wish they would give us the option to reduce the AA and other graphic options. It’s abit smeary at times. Come on Ubisoft, we aren’t pc gamers, but we are big boys and girls!! 

9 hours ago, multi said:

Does this one have anything along the lines of the hidden bunker stuff that FC5 had? 

I fucking loved finding those underground stashes, proper The Road vibe off those, even if they did happen to be in a sun drenched vegetable garden 9 times out of 10.

Haven’t seen them yet, but there are treasure hunts

15 hours ago, theredstar said:

Won’t even start for me on Xbox. Just goes to a black screen. Seems it’s a known fault.

Trying a reinstall to see if it fixes it - another 68.5 Gb download.

Only 68.5 GB.?! Must be missing a loading screen!

11 hours ago, multi said:

There are keys to find, that open something hidden away.

53 minutes ago, Fletch said:

So I could replay 5 and I wouldn’t be missing too much?

Just a new locale, from what I’ve seen. 

The lion’s share of the changes made seem to be negative, or at least questionable. Keeping the poorly received levelled enemies system from New Dawn; removing the ability to switch between ammo types when not at a workbench (why? New Dawn had this); removing melee weapons apart from close quarter stealth kills; removing the ability to loot weapons from fallen enemies; allowing you to carry ALL of your arsenal at once rather than just three guns; the removal of the skill tree in favour of ability granting clothing; enemies that respawn so fast they’d make Far Cry 2’s checkpoints jealous (to be fair, this one will probably be patched.) 

With the skill tree one I could kind of see where they were coming from. But that’s only because it had gone too far in past games. In Far Cry 5 you needed to unlock even basic abilities, and it was tedious. The rest feels like changing things for the sake of it, so they can both more easily sell upgrades and handwave criticism that this Far Cry game is just like all the others. 

Played for a couple of hours on thurs no problems but very crashy today. Irritating. 

Really enjoyed just burning down a tobacco farm though. The fire is very satisfying in this

40 minutes ago, Garibaldi said:

The lion’s share of the changes made seem to be negative, or at least questionable. Keeping the poorly received levelled enemies system from New Dawn; removing the ability to switch between ammo types when not at a workbench (why? New Dawn had this); removing melee weapons apart from close quarter stealth kills; removing the ability to loot weapons from fallen enemies; allowing you to carry ALL of your arsenal at once rather than just three guns; the removal of the skill tree in favour of ability granting clothing; enemies that respawn so fast they’d make Far Cry 2’s checkpoints jealous (to be fair, this one will probably be patched.) 

Wow, that sounds like Assassin's Creed Unity all over again. Different internal Dev team perhaps?

I'm quite glad about the skill tree removal, dialling back the RPGness is a good thing.

Having all the weapons available is a good thing but they have overly simplified the quick select I feel.

Really disappointed in this and that comes from someone who loved 5, well apart from the drug parts.  

Combat is ruined by having different ammo types for different enemies and the helicopter can just do one. Proper bullet sponges and unless my rocket backpack is ready it's pointless trying to shoot them down. I did magically snipe one but have lost countless rounds trying to take them down. I know there's a rocket launcher somewhere but yet to find one.

One other annoyance is that since i started the Shock Therapy Yaran story mission, the good Dr. keeps on phoning me up every time I get into a firefight. 

Right, that’s it, I’m out. Unless I’m doing something wrong with the combat it’s just not enjoyable. I’ve just had to give up as a quick jaunt to get to a mission was made unplayable after a quick stop to take out a radar base that meant that a helicopter was on me straight away. Eventually after running away i took it out but then another immediately appeared right near me. A lucky snipe meant it went down and so I could then wait for my backpack to recharge so I could take out the radar. Two minutes later two helicopters appeared and it became ridiculous.

They’ve really broken the series with this one.

Personally, I bounced off Farcry 5 hard after the first ten hours. This is consistently a lot of fun after the same amount of time played. It really feels like the true sequel to Farcry 3.

There's even a real day-night cycle in this, with different weather conditions to boot too.

Pressing x to constantly pick supplies up, is a right pain. Tons of accessibility options and it makes you do this?

please tell me there is a glove that does this?