Does Kermit the Frog ever laugh?

On 01/08/2020 at 10:17, James Lyon said:

Here it is: Kermit laughing from 4:42. Only silent, though.

Right at the start, too.

Like the OP, I thought his original laugh was a back of the throat thing; almost like clearing his throat. Nearest thing I've seen is a wasted Shane McGowan laughing. A truly bizarre spectacle.

Muppets Tonite - the ‘terrible attempt to revive the show in the 90s’ was effing awesome - at least, the few episodes that aired in the UK were. Also it gave us Johnny Fiama & Sal, Seymour & Pepe - total legends. I haven’t seen it in 20 odd years but I still can’t help going ‘Pieeeeeerce Brosnan! He’s the guy, the guy with the clocks that flyyyyyy... he just clocked that guy....’ whenever he comes up in conversation.

Kermit doing Talking Heads was from that run as well I believe. I think there were a ton more episodes for the US that started to spread it too thin, but for a while it was the best thing on Telly.

• Upvote 2

Absolutely. Muppets Tonight also gave us the surreal spectacle of the Prince episode. It was great. 

Less great: the run of made-for-TV movies they did before the (newer) The Muppets Movie — Wizard Of Oz, Christmas Letters, etc. Dire.

The biggest problem I have with the new Kermit voice is that it’s the actor from Most Wanted doing his Constantine, the world’s most dangerous frog voice. Although I will lose my MIND if they reveal that this was the plan all along and Kermit has a heel turn. That would be epic.

I actually have a bit of a soft spot for the Muppets From Space / It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie / Wizard of Oz era. Pepe continues to be great in all of them, and they're just totally bizarre - the CGI dancing chicken in Oz and well, bouncer Beaker:

Bouncer.jpg

17 hours ago, Darwock said:

Muppets Tonite - the ‘terrible attempt to revive the show in the 90s’ was effing awesome - at least, the few episodes that aired in the UK were. Also it gave us Johnny Fiama & Sal, Seymour & Pepe - total legends. I haven’t seen it in 20 odd years but I still can’t help going ‘Pieeeeeerce Brosnan! He’s the guy, the guy with the clocks that flyyyyyy... he just clocked that guy....’ whenever he comes up in conversation.

Kermit doing Talking Heads was from that run as well I believe. I think there were a ton more episodes for the US that started to spread it too thin, but for a while it was the best thing on Telly.

I think the main issue with Muppets Tonite is that the first series is really strong, but I hear they neutered it quite a bit and made it more for kids in the second. If you can find it to watch, there is a massive drop in quality ... it's not the change in tone but I think they just didn't want to make it any more. 

But hey, still has this guy Bobo_KMUP_security_Cindy_Crawford_ep.jpg

• Upvote 1