Sega Astro City Mini

5 hours ago, Down by Law said:

It's been so long since announcement I don't think this or the game gear mini are coming west 

Yeah. But a real shame as I'm not going to spend hundreds of Euros (import fees are ridiculous (in Belgium), importing an astro mini would add another £80-90) on a Japanese language-only arcade mini.

I guess the question remains, is this going to get a western release?

I'm quite keen on it, but I wonder if it's going to become a scalpers paradise that I have to import myself.

As someone already pointed out, there's been absolutely no word on a possible W release, so I wouldn't count on it.

It's interesting to see how many of the games on this mini have already been released in the Sega Ages series on the Switch. Maybe the ones that still haven't are on the way as well? Which would go some way of lessening the frustration of this most wonderful piece of hardware not getting a W release.

I'd really like to have a go at the arcade versions of Shadow Dancer and LBP Cop, I mean, E-SWAT again.

• 2 weeks later...

The last list of games have been announced:

Arabian Fight
Ninja Princess
Stack Columns
Sonic Boom
Scramble Spirits
Flicky
Puyo Puyo 2
Quartet 2
Thunder Force AC
Alex Kidd with Stella The Lost Stars
Rad Mobile
My Hero / Seishun Scandal
Space Harrier

They also showed off the Astro City arcade stick - looks nice enough, but it's the same price as the Astro City Mini, and has just as many buttons (meaning it'll be a bit naff for anything other than PC due to no Guide/L1/L2/R1/R2 buttons and the like)

Full list

Alien Syndrome
Alien Storm
Golden Axe
Golden Axe: Revenge of the Death Adder
Columns II
Dark Edge
Tant-R
Virtua Fighter
Fantasy Zone
Altered Beast
Bonanza Bros
Columns
Cotton
Crack Down
ESWAT
Gain Ground
Ichidant-R
Puyo Puyo
Shadow Dancer
Shinobi
Wonder Boy
Wonder Boy in Monster Land
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
Arabian Fight
Ninja Princess
Stack Columns
Sonic Boom
Scramble Spirits
Flicky
Puyo Puyo 2
Quartet 2
Thunder Force AC
Alex Kidd - The Lost Stars
Rad Mobile
Seishun Scandal (My Hero)
Space Harrier

Solid line up.

The Stick

yxojaFE.png

What a beauty goddamn 

9 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Rad Mobile :o :o

without analogue control...

JfX9.gif

Yeah that surprised me, although I suppose there’s a Saturn port which most folk would’ve played with a digital pad.

On 07/07/2020 at 13:45, SeanR said:

mini joystick though, same scale as the console? I’d be in for something USB that looks more like a Dreamcast stick, but not at £100

20 hours ago, Down by Law said:

The Stick

yxojaFE.png

:coffee:

3 hours ago, SeanR said:

calm doon, Weinberg.

Poor old Weinberg!

Whatever happened to him? I see the last time he posted was 2018?
Was he banned or did he just stop frequenting this place? 

• 1 month later...

Really interested in the stick, but I don't think I can justify it at all. I have a Brook Universal Board in one stick and the Retro Board in another, so I'm covered for anything I want to use an arcade stick with, and I have pretty easy access to every game in the collection (even the ones that haven't been ported before). Is there anything I'm overlooking, apart from the fact that it looks gorgeous? :P

Edit: I don't know why I assumed it would have the games (like the Capcom or Neo Geo sticks). The Amazon description makes no mention of them, so I guess it's purely for plugging into the Mini cab?