Sega Astro City Mini

9 minutes ago, Gabe said:

How many times do Sega intend to sell the same games in slightly different packaging? 

Dark Edge and Death Adder have never had home versions and seeing Virtua Fighter which has never had a proper arcade port is also exciting. Looks like it'll be crammed full of System 16 games up to Model 1 so could be a really killer set of games and 36 is quite generous

I never understand why they put HDMI compatibility in these kinds of devices

How are you supposed to play them on the couch unless you have an 7 feet long hdmi cable?

I'll definitely take an arcade sick.

The actual machine, it probably depends on how easy it'll be to crack open and add my own games to it. The button layout is more agreeable to that sort of thing than the Neogeo Mini, certainly.

9 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

I bet they’ll Sega it up and use the Megadrive version of virtua fighter. 

I thought that - but the screenshot isn't the MD version.

I never bothered with the SNK unit , but they have said this is microswitched so that would be a big improvement on that.

I think these things are two small to use the built in controls outside of novelty, but hooking it up to a monitor and using an external pad or stick is very appealing

38 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

The name Astro City is an open goal if it turns out to be bad. All you have to do is drop the s.

Took me a short time, I must admit.

I'll save the £100 for the joystick, which is definitely getting bought, please and thank you.

PolishedFakeArieltoucan-small.gif.1931cedc6b3b05e8254e8377ac866488.gif

2 hours ago, Ry said:

How are you supposed to play them on the couch unless you have an 7 feet long hdmi cable?

It also has USB ports so you can likely use an external pad/stick as well.

2 hours ago, Ry said:

To be fair, it's not like a 7 foot long gdmi cable is some unimaginable wonder.

56 minutes ago, Treble said:

Took me a short time, I must admit.

I'll save the £100 for the joystick, which is definitely getting bought, please and thank you.

PolishedFakeArieltoucan-small.gif.1931cedc6b3b05e8254e8377ac866488.gif

mini joystick though, same scale as the console? I’d be in for something USB that looks more like a Dreamcast stick, but not at £100

Looks ace and the games announced so far are interesting with a few unexpected ones.

I had the arcade boards of Revenge of Death Adder (which people have begged for a release of for years) and Dark Edge (an interesting 2D one on one Fighter that uses sprite scaling for 3D game play) so I’m interested to see these finally getting an official release.

Tant-R is also ace.

As always with these things the key things will be the game selection and the quality of emulation.

Looks great so far though.

1 hour ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Clicky 8-way joystick or gtfo. Really don't make the same mistake the Neo-Geo mini made folks.

Eurogamer is claiming it is microswitched.

I just impulse purchased a NeoGeo Mini (£65 on amazon) as a desk toy for Working From Home (TM) and I actually love it. Def, getting this.